AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
formal_verification said:
Thanks for your response.

Can you please tell me how to update time line in the forum ?
Simply go to you forum profile information and edit it.

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
I agree others on the "continuous" thing and I'd also decrease the number of hours. By applying through skilled worker class, you are claiming that RA is a work experience separate than your PhD studies, it's something you do on top of your studies. Then I think even 35 hours is a lot. I claimed 20 hours for instance. Even 20 hours is more than enough to qualify for 1 year full time equivalent experience. So I really don't see the need to claim more hours and risk your application. But that's just my opinion.

galaxytab said:
So, what do you suggest? Making it 35 h/w or so if better than 39h?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not only Canada Post makes mistakes but Immigration Canada also makes horrifying mistakes. A friend of mine has allowed me to post this sad story in this forum.

They are June 02, 2014 applicants (PhD stream) and they got Decision Made in late October. Few days ago they got an email from an Immigration Office near their hometown here in Canada saying that they have been scheduled for a landing interview. They were not even asked for passports by CPC Ottawa and of course didn't even receive a CoPR. They went to the immigration office they were supposed to have this "landing interview" to ask if the email was legitimate and after many attempts to try to get in, a person said that yes we have scheduled many landing interviews for this month so please come on your scheduled day.

Today my friend emailed CPC Ottawa because they were always suspecting it was a mistake, because how can they attend a landing interview without a Visa in their Passport?

CPC Ottawa has immediately replied the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Although this is a legitimate appointment, we will be informing the XXXXXX officer that they sent you a letter in error. Please do not present yourself to the interview. We will send you a ready for visa letter asking you for your passport. Please follow all instructions on the email sent to you.

Thank you for informing us.

Warm regards,

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[size=10pt][size=10pt]SHould I trust CPC Ottawa got my PCC indeed?[/size][/size]

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
Not only Canada Post makes mistakes but Immigration Canada also makes horrifying mistakes. A friend of mine has allowed me to post this sad story in this forum.

They are June 02, 2014 applicants (PhD stream) and they got Decision Made in late October. Few days ago they got an email from an Immigration Office near their hometown here in Canada saying that they have been scheduled for a landing interview. They were not even asked for passports by CPC Ottawa and of course didn't even receive a CoPR. They went to the immigration office they were supposed to have this "landing interview" to ask if the email was legitimate and after many attempts to try to get in, a person said that yes we have scheduled many landing interviews for this month so please come on your scheduled day.

Today my friend emailed CPC Ottawa because they were always suspecting it was a mistake, because how can they attend a landing interview without a Visa in their Passport?

CPC Ottawa has immediately replied the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Although this is a legitimate appointment, we will be informing the XXXXXX officer that they sent you a letter in error. Please do not present yourself to the interview. We will send you a ready for visa letter asking you for your passport. Please follow all instructions on the email sent to you.

Thank you for informing us.

Warm regards,

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[size=10pt][size=10pt]SHould I trust CPC Ottawa got my PCC indeed?[/size][/size]
That is a horrible story Pepe,

However the good news among the story was that people from JUNE are getting "decision made". Isn't it interesting? However none of us is "decision made" by now. :(

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that's good to know!

Guys I submitted my PER emails at my University to apply for tuition reduction. I also gave them my RPRF request email which confirms my application is eligible.

In addition, I printed out the link from my University saying that students applying for permanent residence who have been found eligible can be considered for tuition reduction. Also, I submitted The Ontario Funding Manual PDF. Actually my application for tuition reduction was thicker than my PR application, LOL.

Let see what happens this time!

Dark_Diamond said:
That is a horrible story Pepe,

However the good news among the story was that people from JUNE are getting "decision made". Isn't it interesting? However none of us is "decision made" by now. :(

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
xhiddenx said:
Yesterday, I received an email from CPC but no passport request. I have been requested medical exam for my second application with NOC 2133 (Electrical Engineer). My timeline for both application is as below:

PhD Stream:
Reached CIO: 2 June, 2014
PER: 17 September, 2014
Medical Request: 16 Oct
----------------------------------
NOC 2133- Electrical Engineer

Reached CIO: 11 June, 2014
PER: 8 October, 2014
Medical Request: 3 December, 2014
--------------------------------------
In my case we can see PhD stream is slightly faster. Another interesting point is I received my Access to Information Act after medical request for PhD stream, and I noticed they did not give me 5 points adaptability but even without those points I obtained 68 points. But for my second application I am quite sure without 5 points I could not pass the eligibility. So it means for NOC 2133 they gave me 5 points whereas they did not give me those points for PhD stream.

Also, in the email they asked me to send a copy of my passport as well as RPRF receipt via MAIL not Email. The reason they asked me a copy of passport can be related to expiry date of my passport. I renewed my passport in August. Also, they asked me to update them about my eye color and height, I guess they might think I grow up these days :)

I wish there is an option that they can use the Medical results and RPRF of my PhD application for Electrical Engineer application then I do not need to go all the medical process again.
You don't have to do the medical test again! Just send them an email and explain that you have already given your medical test results for another application. One of my friend did that and it was fine.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Galiano Island said:
Hi all,

We have been waiting for the Passport Request since July. My wife's passport is expiring in 6 months. I can't find any information about the passport validity cushion time on cic website. Does anybody have any info about the required passport expiration time frame? I.e. do they want the passport to be valid for 6 months, 3 months, or no restriction? Any info is much appreciated.
I think I read somewhere (can't recall now, check the instruction guide again) that the passport has to be at least more than 6 months valid from the date of expiration at the time when you submit the passport. It also makes sense because they consider that you need some time to receive the passport back from them and then to land. Check with other forum members if they confirm or oppose my statement. When you receive the PPR email, you can also ask CIC about it and request for time extension to renew passport (if required and if you decide not to renew now). Good luck.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
galaxytab said:
Hi Folks,

Could you please let me know your thoughts about this employment letter:

December 4, 2014
RE: Confirmation of Mr. XXXXXX's (Student ID XXXXXX) Work Experience for his Application for Permanent Resident Status in Canada

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXXXX has been assisting me as a graduate research assistant (RA) (NOC: 4012) since April 2013. His appointment consists of working 27‐39 hours per week. Mr. XXXXXX has already worked a total of 2580 hours as my research assistant and is paid a total of 28000 CAD for assisting me (average of 17684 CAD per year).
The positions which were held by Mr. XXXXXX and their working hours per academic semester are as follows:

Spring/Summer 2013 (4 months) 39 hours/week
Fall 2013 (4 month) 27 hours/week
Winter 2014 (4 month) 27 hours/week
Spring/Summer 2014 (4 month) 39 hours/week
Fall 2014 (3 month) 39 hours/week

Mr. XXXXXX's responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting literature reviews and surveys, performing laboratory experiments (for use in scholarly publications), compiling and analyzing research results and developing the proper models for visualization challenges and assisting in preparing journal and academic venue papers.
If you have questions regarding Mr. XXXXXX's employment please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr. XXXXXX
Professor and Faculty member
Department of XXXXXX
University of XXXXXX

Is than an acceptable letter? Any points or problems with it?
Thank you all dears :)
Hi galaxytab, I agree with what others already commented about your letter. Additionally, I am not convinced about the way you explained your duties in the last paragraph. It looks brief and might appear like a simple cut-paste job from CIC 4012 template. It will look more genuine if you elaborate your duties with your own research info. Just my opinion. You may take a look at the pattern that I followed in my letter (only RA duties):

"As a Research Assistant, Mr. X assists me in research projects and research related activities at the Z Research Lab of the University of Z. His primary responsibilities and duties include:
1. Conduct literature reviews used in the preparation of research grants, publications and presentations.
2. Carry out research project specific software simulations (using XYZ software) to analyze and predict the properties and performance of XYZ machines/models.
3. Design and develop efficient models of XYZ, and modify designs according to the required optimized performance.
4. Conduct laboratory experiments with the designed and manufactured XYZ by using XYZ (software/hardware/algorithm), and analyze the XYZ test data to validate the models designed and developed.
5. Compile and present research results from simulations and laboratory experiments to assist me in the analysis of results, and the preparation of reports, conference papers, journal articles & presentations.
If you require any further information regarding Mr. X, do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,
Dr. A"

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
I have one question? Do you have a work permit in addition to your study permit? Because with study permit you are only allowed to work 20 hours/week in Fall and winter sessions and 40 hours/week in summer. This will be a confusion????

galaxytab said:
Hi Folks,

Could you please let me know your thoughts about this employment letter:

December 4, 2014
RE: Confirmation of Mr. XXXXXX's (Student ID XXXXXX) Work Experience for his Application for Permanent Resident Status in Canada

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXXXX has been assisting me as a graduate research assistant (RA) (NOC: 4012) since April 2013. His appointment consists of working 27‐39 hours per week. Mr. XXXXXX has already worked a total of 2580 hours as my research assistant and is paid a total of 28000 CAD for assisting me (average of 17684 CAD per year).
The positions which were held by Mr. XXXXXX and their working hours per academic semester are as follows:

Spring/Summer 2013 (4 months) 39 hours/week
Fall 2013 (4 month) 27 hours/week
Winter 2014 (4 month) 27 hours/week
Spring/Summer 2014 (4 month) 39 hours/week
Fall 2014 (3 month) 39 hours/week

Mr. XXXXXX's responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting literature reviews and surveys, performing laboratory experiments (for use in scholarly publications), compiling and analyzing research results and developing the proper models for visualization challenges and assisting in preparing journal and academic venue papers.
If you have questions regarding Mr. XXXXXX's employment please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr. XXXXXX
Professor and Faculty member
Department of XXXXXX
University of XXXXXX

Is than an acceptable letter? Any points or problems with it?
Thank you all dears :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completely agree and since my study permit clearly says this, I only cleamed 20hrs for winter and fall and 35 hours for summer. Even if you have the off campus wp, you are still subjected to the same conditions as with the study permit.

mirzathegr8 said:
I have one question? Do you have a work permit in addition to your study permit? Because with study permit you are only allowed to work 20 hours/week in Fall and winter sessions and 40 hours/week in summer. This will be a confusion????

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
arian_arian said:
You don't have to do the medical test again! Just send them an email and explain that you have already given your medical test results for another application. One of my friend did that and it was fine.
Thanks for the reply and sharing your friend experience. I will prepare an email and explain the situation.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
mirzathegr8 said:
I beg to disagree completely (but I might be wrong). The 20 or 40 hrs/week you are talking about is the off-campus work hour restriction only (check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp). RA and TA are part of our on-campus work and I did not find any hour restriction on that (check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-oncampus.asp). However claiming 39 hours for RA/TA might look suspicious anyway because you need to keep some hours for your own phd studies. But anything between 20 and 30 hrs/week will be fine in my understanding.

And if you want to follow the off-campus 20 or 40 hrs/week restriction for your RA/TA work (which I find as invalid assumption), then you are not entitled to do 40 hours even in summer, because 40 hours (full-time off-campus) are allowed only in scheduled breaks. And you do not get any scheduled break in summer/spring like the undergrads do. As phd students we are enrolled as full-time students the whole year round. This fact was also recently clarified by the international student advisor of my university in a circulated email.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Anybody recently got his/her PR card?
I landed on November 8, but I haven't received my PR card yet. When I was landing, the officer checked the CIC website and told me the current processing time for issuing the PR card is 19 days. Later I checked the website and saw the processing time is 16 days. Now it is changed to 24 day. It is now 26 days since I have landed, but no PR card yet.

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
May be you are right. But I remember some of the guys got rejection only because of this but that was around one and half year back. May be they have changed the rule now.

bluelotus said:
I beg to disagree completely (but I might be wrong). The 20 or 40 hrs/week you are talking about is the off-campus work hour restriction only (check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp). RA and TA are part of our on-campus work and I did not find any hour restriction on that (check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-oncampus.asp). However claiming 39 hours for RA/TA might look suspicious anyway because you need to keep some hours for your own phd studies. But anything between 20 and 30 hrs/week will be fine in my understanding.

And if you want to follow the off-campus 20 or 40 hrs/week restriction for your RA/TA work (which I find as invalid assumption), then you are not entitled to do 40 hours even in summer, because 40 hours (full-time off-campus) are allowed only in scheduled breaks. And you do not get any scheduled break in summer/spring like the undergrads do. As phd students we are enrolled as full-time students the whole year round. This fact was also recently clarified by the international student advisor of my university in a circulated email.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
vivi said:
Anybody recently got his/her PR card?
I landed on November 8, but I haven't received my PR card yet. When I was landing, the officer checked the CIC website and told me the current processing time for issuing the PR card is 19 days. Later I checked the website and saw the processing time is 16 days. Now it is changed to 24 day. It is now 26 days since I have landed, but no PR card yet.
Hi vivi, do you recall what the officer exactly told you? Did he/she mean 19 business days or 19 plain days? I am also waiting for the card but I landed 2 weeks later than you. Hope you will get it very soon before Christmas break.