+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to the Club!!!! No worries, its normal!!!

Has your online status changed? I mean did update your status with "medical results have been received"

mirzathegr8 said:
Hi everyone,

Guys, I did my medical on 23 Oct. and I have not received my PPR yet. I am an April 3rd applicant. Is there anyone with the same timeline..........

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mirzathegr8 said:
Hi everyone,

Guys, I did my medical on 23 Oct. and I have not received my PPR yet. I am an April 3rd applicant. Is there anyone with the same timeline..........

Many of us are June applicant and no PPR yet. However, the last post before you belongs to unruffledterry, who has almost the same situation as you. Good luck and hope you get your PPR soon.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very sorry this has happenned. It seems CIO is becoming aggresive again. Please gather all documents, make new reference letters and make sure you include all they want and file the application ASAP!

Nanocanada said:
Hi every one.

Recently CIC has sent me back my PR application package.
I have had applied on July 15-2014 under FSW-PHD stream.

The officers quote is:
" you have identified NOC code :4012-post secondary assistant as the primary occupation to be assessed. All employment letters and supporting documentation provided regarding this work experience history were taken into consideration.
You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time ,or equivalent part time paid work experience in the primary occupation in the last ten years"
Note: Any reference to work experience in NOC code other than the primary occupation identified on your application has not been assessed pursuant to R(10) of IRPA.

As your application does not meet the requirements of R(10) of IRPA it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you for this reason."

Strange this is that I have been PHD student for 5 years now. More strangely my friend and college has used the same letter from my professor (with out providing work experience from back home) and he has got his file number.

I don't know where the problem is.
I have a work experience letter for equivalent one year work in NOC 2133.
Some people has recommended me to apply again under PHD stream and just change the NOC for primary occupation in schedule 3 form.
Some people recommend to ask for a new letter from my professor and again apply with primary occupation being NOC 4012.
my question is can I apply under PHD stream with different NOC than 4012 as my primary occupation?
what do you people recommend?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am about to think that the person who sends the emails for passport request is taking a very long holiday. It can't be possible they are still checking everyone for criminality. I also think they are doing this on purpose, to make us suffer. :-[

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pepe84 said:
I am about to think that the person who sends the emails for passport request is taking a very long holiday. It can't be possible they are still checking everyone for criminality. I also think they are doing this on purpose, to make us suffer. :-[
Pepe,
I know there are many officers there and our files are getting processed with different officers before sending to Visa section. Therefore, it can be guessed that there is an unwritten rule, which expresses that officers want pre-May applicants to get PPR first and close their files first. Probably they do not check our status at all until they first process the files they want.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Dark_Diamond said:
Pepe,
I know there are many officers there and our files are getting processed with different officers before sending to Visa section. Therefore, it can be guessed that there is an unwritten rule, which expresses that officers want pre-May applicants to get PPR first and close their files first. Probably they do not check our status at all until they first process the files they want.
I'm not sure if it only applies to post-may applicants as I don't see any PPR in spreadsheets since late october. So, either spreadsheets are obsolete or Ottawa has not made any PPR for a while.

anchoo2kewl

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
23-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Does anyone know what time documents sent via Xpresspost are delivered in CPC Ottawa?

Does it usually happen in the mornings or afternoons? I sent my PCC yesterday and it hasn't been delivered yet. However, the tracking info says it will be delivered today!
My deliveries usually happened between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Nanocanada said:
Yes, I have followed all the directions. My letter has explained that I am a full time research assistant (exactly as my college letter), the number of hours, description of duties ,salary )
This is the second time they are returning my package.
Every body tells me that you have been very unlock.
I am going to apply again.
But I don't know, shall I change my NOC?
Is it possible to apply under PHD stream with different NOC?
Sorry to hear that. Yes it is posible to apply with different NOC under phd category. but before that, think about the reasons for returning your application and try to avoid those mistakes. If it is possible, can you share your RA letter. We may be able to tell you the reasons for returning your application.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Don't think in this way! every day, they are receiving a huge number of applications. You only need to be patient! Try to focus on sth else such as your research and don't bother yourself. You will get it in a time that you would never expect it!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Viva2014

Given the dimension of the building of CPC CTD Ottawa, I think you guys are right, they must receive a huge number of applications per day and also the crew must be enormous!

https://www.google.ca/maps/ @ 45.4198294,-75.6960803,3a,75y,318.53h,111.68t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1scmQM-CCDy0P9oQm3S38fHA!2e0

Viva2014 said:
Don't think in this way! every day, they are receiving a huge number of applications. You only need to be patient! Try to focus on sth else such as your research and don't bother yourself. You will get it in a time that you would never expect it!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks Viva2014

Given the dimension of the building of CPC CTD Ottawa, I think you guys are right, they must receive a huge number of applications per day and also the crew must be enormous!

https://www.google.ca/maps/ @ 45.4198294,-75.6960803,3a,75y,318.53h,111.68t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1scmQM-CCDy0P9oQm3S38fHA!2e0
No problem :)

Exactly! For sure they are extremely busy and I am sure that they are doing their bests to finalize the applications as soon as possible. Because, after Dec. 31th new regulations will show up and it makes their work more difficult to manage two different scenarios.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Viva2014 said:
I agree. They should be extremely busy at this time of year that everyone tries to apply before January.

pg123

Aug 12, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-01-2015
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
21-12-2014 (we started... 30/12/2014)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2015 (DM 09/04/2014)
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Nanocanada said:
Hi every one.

The officers quote is:
" you have identified NOC code :4012-post secondary assistant as the primary occupation to be assessed. All employment letters and supporting documentation provided regarding this work experience history were taken into consideration.
You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time ,or equivalent part time paid work experience in the primary occupation in the last ten years"
Note: Any reference to work experience in NOC code other than the primary occupation identified on your application has not been assessed pursuant to R(10) of IRPA.
Hi I am seeing two potential reasons why they did not considered your work experience,

1) Did you work as a TA or RA, through out year (no summer or winter breaks)?

2) Did you include letter from HR?

Please dont be disappointed, the CAP for PhD stream will be open till Dec, 31 for sure. Consider doing the follow

1) If you have any other work experience either full time one year or part time continuous and equal to one year, use it.
Make sure that you have a letter from HR on letter head and/or proof that you were paid for that period. ( one year continuous is minimum requirement and you must demonstrate this) In addition to this you may use your TA and RA as work experience to

2) If you have continuous TA/RA then, get a letter from HR, include lead statement from your supervisors (both TA and RA) and make sure you have either one year continuous TA or continuous RA. If you are switching between TA and RA, it could be a problem.

You still have time, dont be disappointed and please work from today on your application. Best wishes...........

As your application does not meet the requirements of R(10) of IRPA it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you for this reason."

Strange this is that I have been PHD student for 5 years now. More strangely my friend and college has used the same letter from my professor (with out providing work experience from back home) and he has got his file number.

Some people has recommended me to apply again under PHD stream and just change the NOC for primary occupation in schedule 3 form.
Some people recommend to ask for a new letter from my professor and again apply with primary occupation being NOC 4012.
my question is can I apply under PHD stream with different NOC than 4012 as my primary occupation?

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
Nanocanada said:
Hi every one.

The officers quote is:

My application was returned to me last year. The CIO return letter was exactly the same as yours. But I understand the reason for my situation. My prof gave me a hard time in writing the hours and wrote "two days a week" instead of Xhours/week. Also cio did not accept ref letters from back home and any letter that was different from primary noc code. In your case "Full time RA" does not guarantee full time hours. Would you please share what hours you provided in your letter. Does it equal or exceed 1950 hours continuous work?

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
It seems like people at CPC are working hard and active. they replied to my email exactly within 58 minutes. :)
Hope everyone hears a PPR news soon.