29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
pepe84 said:
Does anyone know what time documents sent via Xpresspost are delivered in CPC Ottawa?

Does it usually happen in the mornings or afternoons? I sent my PCC yesterday and it hasn't been delivered yet. However, the tracking info says it will be delivered today!
I wish CIC had an online checklist where we can see when they have received our documents. Sent my PPC about a month ago by xpress post. It got delivered. I even took a screen shot of the signature of the person who accepted it. Still, I worry. lol. I wonder how they process these thousands of documents that get to them daily and ensure that each make it to the appropriate file.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When they asked me to send PCC, they also asked me to highlight the complete application number in the cover letter. So I assume the first thing they will check is my file number.

unruffledterry said:
I wish CIC had an online checklist where we can see when they have received our documents. Sent my PPC about a month ago by xpress post. It got delivered. I even took a screen shot of the signature of the person who accepted it. Still, I worry. lol. I wonder how they process these thousands of documents that get to them daily and ensure that each make it to the appropriate file.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
unruffledterry said:
Exactly same story here.

Nanocanada

Dec 8, 2013
Hi every one.

Recently CIC has sent me back my PR application package.
I have had applied on July 15-2014 under FSW-PHD stream.

The officers quote is:
" you have identified NOC code :4012-post secondary assistant as the primary occupation to be assessed. All employment letters and supporting documentation provided regarding this work experience history were taken into consideration.
You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time ,or equivalent part time paid work experience in the primary occupation in the last ten years"
Note: Any reference to work experience in NOC code other than the primary occupation identified on your application has not been assessed pursuant to R(10) of IRPA.

As your application does not meet the requirements of R(10) of IRPA it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you for this reason."

Strange this is that I have been PHD student for 5 years now. More strangely my friend and college has used the same letter from my professor (with out providing work experience from back home) and he has got his file number.

I don't know where the problem is.
I have a work experience letter for equivalent one year work in NOC 2133.
Some people has recommended me to apply again under PHD stream and just change the NOC for primary occupation in schedule 3 form.
Some people recommend to ask for a new letter from my professor and again apply with primary occupation being NOC 4012.
my question is can I apply under PHD stream with different NOC than 4012 as my primary occupation?
what do you people recommend?

Dark_Diamond

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nanocanada said:
Hi every one.

The officers quote is:
" you have identified NOC code :4012-post secondary assistant as the primary occupation to be assessed. All employment letters and supporting documentation provided regarding this work experience history were taken into consideration.
You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time ,or equivalent part time paid work experience in the primary occupation in the last ten years"
Note: Any reference to work experience in NOC code other than the primary occupation identified on your application has not been assessed pursuant to R(10) of IRPA.

As your application does not meet the requirements of R(10) of IRPA it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you for this reason."

Strange this is that I have been PHD student for 5 years now. More strangely my friend and college has used the same letter from my professor (with out providing work experience from back home) and he has got his file number.

Some people has recommended me to apply again under PHD stream and just change the NOC for primary occupation in schedule 3 form.
Some people recommend to ask for a new letter from my professor and again apply with primary occupation being NOC 4012.
my question is can I apply under PHD stream with different NOC than 4012 as my primary occupation?
Sorry to hear that,

Unfortunately CIC officers are picky some times. It happened for me 2 years ago. I applied with the same letter which my friend applied. They approved him but rejected my application. Case by case is different.
One of my friends applied under 4012 code in April 2014. She had 3 years of work experience from back home as well. But her main code in the application was 4012 since she was PhD student. Her application got approved and she landed in 4 months (July 2014).
However, please check with others to see recommendation.
If I was in your shoe, I would apply again under PhD stream, but I would put my work experience from my home country in the envelope as well. In the cover letter, I would explain that work experience as well. Also I would modify the cover letter from the prof. There are some typical words, which MUST be in the cover letter, i.e. assists me in ..., full time work, paid work, responsibilities and ... .
Altogether, don't worry. You still have 1.5 month. But move on faster.

Good luck

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
ubcli said:
Hi everyone,

I was asked by CIC to show the source of funds for a large deposit. This money was sent by my parents 6 months before my PR application, and it is still in my account. I have the receipt of this transaction to show as a proof. Even if CIC assumes that this money is loaned, I now have enough settlement fund excluding that chunk of money (though this wasn't consistently the case for the past 6 months).
Along with the statement of transaction, would it suffice if I get a signed letter from my parents saying this money wasn't loaned or do I have to get an affidavit or get the letter notarized?

Thanks!
Hello ubcli,

Did you received the question after the MD and RPRF email? Also, is there any updates on your file since then?

thanks

mina3000

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-June-2014
AOR Received.
17-Oct-2014
Med's Request
07-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014
Sorry to hear that. The good news is you still have time to reapply before Jan 2015.
I just wonder if no reference NOC code other than the primary occupation is assessed, then what is the point of providing all your job experience?

Nanocanada said:
Hi every one.

The officers quote is:

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
mina3000 said:
Sorry to hear that. The good news is you still have time to reapply before Jan 2015.
I just wonder if no reference NOC code other than the primary occupation is assessed, then what is the point of providing all your job experience?
pursuant to R(10) of IRPA, the applicant must prove at least one year of full time experience in the occupation identified in the application as the primary occupation. If you are able to satisfy that requirement, then your other work experiences would be counted otherwise your application would be returned.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Nanocanada said:
Hi every one.

The officers quote is:

Did you put the lead statement ("assist") and substantial numbers of duties in your Ref. letter?
Did they charge your credit card? if yes, they will refund your money.

Nanocanada

Dec 8, 2013
Viva2014 said:
Did you put the lead statement ("assist") and substantial numbers of duties in your Ref. letter?
Did they charge your credit card? if yes, they will refund your money.

Yes, I have followed all the directions. My letter has explained that I am a full time research assistant (exactly as my college letter), the number of hours, description of duties ,salary )
This is the second time they are returning my package.
Every body tells me that you have been very unlock.
I am going to apply again.
But I don't know, shall I change my NOC?
Is it possible to apply under PHD stream with different NOC?

Nanocanada

Dec 8, 2013
Dark_Diamond said:
Sorry to hear that,

Unfortunately CIC officers are picky some times. It happened for me 2 years ago. I applied with the same letter which my friend applied. They approved him but rejected my application. Case by case is different.
One of my friends applied under 4012 code in April 2014. She had 3 years of work experience from back home as well. But her main code in the application was 4012 since she was PhD student. Her application got approved and she landed in 4 months (July 2014).
However, please check with others to see recommendation.
If I was in your shoe, I would apply again under PhD stream, but I would put my work experience from my home country in the envelope as well. In the cover letter, I would explain that work experience as well. Also I would modify the cover letter from the prof. There are some typical words, which MUST be in the cover letter, i.e. assists me in ..., full time work, paid work, responsibilities and ... .
Altogether, don't worry. You still have 1.5 month. But move on faster.

Good luck
Thank you very much
I have put my work experience from back home in the same pocket as my prof. letter.
I am planing to apply, I have started to ask my prof. for a new letter.

mina3000

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-June-2014
AOR Received.
17-Oct-2014
Med's Request
07-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014
I have applied with different primary NOC under PhD stream. I also submitted my work experience as TA and RA.
I just got medical. However, I can not say for sure. It is still under process.
Also, a lot of people got PR under PhD stream with the same NOC as you.
It seems that Sydney only look at the primary, but Ottawa may consider all your work experience.

Nanocanada said:
Yes, I have followed all the directions. My letter has explained that I am a full time research assistant (exactly as my college letter), the number of hours, description of duties ,salary )
This is the second time they are returning my package.
Every body tells me that you have been very unlock.
I am going to apply again.
But I don't know, shall I change my NOC?
Is it possible to apply under PHD stream with different NOC?

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
They let my partner (who is a Canadian citizen) to wait for me, that should be fine.

anchoo2kewl said:
Hello everyone. I finally got my passport request. My details so far:

Application sent: 18 Feb, 2014
Application reached CIO: 21 Feb, 2014
PER issued: 17 Mar 2014
RPRF/Medical/ PCC request: 30 Sep, 2014
Passport Request: 28 Oct, 2014
Passport Returned: 17 Nov, 2014
Number of people: 1
Experience: Software Engineer (2173)
Nationality: Indian

I had a few questions about landing. I was thinking of entering the US with two of my friends from the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge. It's one hour away from where I live. From there we would head down to Syracuse for some work and return via Thousand Islands Bridge – Alexandria Bay / Lansdowne. All three of us have US visas. Now, when we reach the Canadian border, will my friends be allowed to wait for me to complete the landing ?

Another question about documents. I am taking a 6 month bank statement. Plus statements from my Credit Card. I noticed that the COPR had two copies with only one of them having my photograph. Is this normal ? Should I take extra photographs ? Also, I am bringing nothing into Canada and nothing later. However, I will be driving my car. Is that something the border officials will consider as bringing into Canada ? Should I bring something else along? I will bring my Study Permit along.

And this forum has been amazing. This is my second attempt and I have found this thread extremely useful. Thank you everyone and I hope you all get your PRs soon.

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Not sure which experience to use as primary one but either way I would get a new letter from supervisor. I have been in this forum for more than 1.5 years and this kind of rejection was especially common when I first joined. There was a google doc with successful letter templates somewhere on the forum. I suggest you find that and write a similar draft for your prof. I shared mine on the forum too, you can find in my past posts. Mine was especially super cautious after hearing all the horror stories. Better safe than sorry...

Good luck!

Nanocanada said:
Hi every one.

The officers quote is:

mirzathegr8

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
September 10, 2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
September 11, 2014
Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

Guys, I did my medical on 23 Oct. and I have not received my PPR yet. I am an April 3rd applicant. Is there anyone with the same timeline..........