+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ali_ut88

Oct 29, 2014
pepe84 said:
I don't think you can send additional documents to CIO and I too don't think CIO is checking reference letters very strictly. Would you mind if you share the wording of your reference letter here to give you some advice? Even if you missed the word assist but used a synonym the letter might still be acceptale.
Sure,in my letter the paragraph for research assistant is:
Mr. X’s responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting literature reviews and surveys, ...
instead of
Mr. X’s responsibilities as a research assistant include "assisting our faculty members in" conducting literature reviews and surveys, ...

However, the paragraph for TA, includes this part: "assisting our faculty members in" .

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And you included both TA and RA duties in one letter? Also, did your prof define time periods and salary and write more duties?

ali_ut88 said:
Sure,in my letter the paragraph for research assistant is:
Mr. X's responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting literature reviews and surveys, ...
instead of
Mr. X's responsibilities as a research assistant include "assisting our faculty members in" conducting literature reviews and surveys, ...

However, the paragraph for TA, includes this part: "assisting our faculty members in" .

ali_ut88

Oct 29, 2014
pepe84 said:
And you included both TA and RA duties in one letter? Also, did your prof define time periods and salary and write more duties?
Yes, TA and RA duties were in one letter. Time periods, salary and almost all the duties listed in NOC 4012 (TA and RA) were included in my letter.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not to worry at all my friend. Your letter will be accepted!!!! Remember NOC 4012 is only one occupation Post graduate teaching and research assistants. As long as you have included the word assist for TA only within the same letter, it will be just fine. Please relax!

ali_ut88 said:
Yes, TA and RA duties were in one letter. Time periods, salary and almost all the duties listed in NOC 4012 (TA and RA) were included in my letter.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
pepe84 said:
Hi arian_arian,

I just double checked in your last posts where you said you were rejected and then you appealed to the federal court. Don't you think this delay on passport request might be normal for people who have appealed and have won (think of a kind of punishment just for appealing)? I just don't understand why it has taken too long to ask you for passport :(
I don't think that is the problem. Other people who took their cases to the Federal Court got their PPR much faster!

Oct 19, 2013
Hello guys. I was asked to submit medicals and FORD and updated POD for family of 3. Is it ok if I show both my wife's and my bank accounts showing balance $18097 for three people. Please help me in this regard.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, both accounts are fine for a family of 3.

SRINIVASA NAIK said:
Hello guys. I was asked to submit medicals and FORD and updated POD for family of 3. Is it ok if I show both my wife's and my bank accounts showing balance $18097 for three people. Please help me in this regard.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I was able to load the FSW 2014 Global Spread Sheet this morning and spent few minutes doing some research on it. I found that only 7 post-May 2014 applicants have got their passport request by CPC Ottawa (I am only counting CPC Ottawa) and the last one who got passport request was a May 20 applicant. Therefore, I have reached to the following conclusion "Expect Delays Guys". Only when CPC Ottawa has cleared all May 2014 applicants still waiting for passport request, then they will ask June applicants to send their passports. For your information, there are 37 May 2014 applicants with medicals requested/submitted and still waiting for passport request. So only when CPC Ottawa has finished with those 37 applicants then June applicants will start getting their passport request email. Frustrating but that's how it is ???

So guys, " Be Patient Please" there is nothing wrong with your files, it's just normal delays!

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pepe84 said:
Hey guys,

I was able to load the FSW 2014 Global Spread Sheet this morning and spent few minutes doing some research on it. I found that only 7 post-May 2014 applicants have got their passport request by CPC Ottawa (I am only counting CPC Ottawa) and the last one who got passport request was a May 20 applicant. Therefore, I have reached to the following conclusion "Expect Delays Guys". Only when CPC Ottawa has cleared all May 2014 applicants still waiting for passport request, then they will ask June applicants to send their passports. For your information, there are 37 May 2014 applicants with medicals requested/submitted and still waiting for passport request. So only when CPC Ottawa has finished with those 37 applicants then June applicants will start getting their passport request email. Frustrating but that's how it is ???

So guys, " Be Patient Please" there is nothing wrong with your files, it's just normal delays!
Thanks pepe84,

i guess different applications were handled by different staff. if they allotted a staff for a particular application, he/she will be the person that look after that application. i guess backlagging may not affect the processing of new applications. this is my guess but i am not sure what goes on.

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
darkknight1 said:
Thanks pepe84,

i guess different applications were handled by different staff. if they allotted a staff for a particular application, he/she will be the person that look after that application. i guess backlagging may not affect the processing of new applications. this is my guess but i am not sure what goes on.
we should also take the "medicals received date" into consideration.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think there are many people working in CPC Ottawa with post-May 2014 applications since Sydney is doing all the assessment this year. Most people at Ottawa should be focused on old applications to clear the backlog from 2012 and 2013 applicants before the express entry launches. I am guessing that only few staffs at Ottawa are focused on the new 2014 applicants :(

darkknight1 said:
Thanks pepe84,

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Hi guys can you share the spread sheet, the spread sheet I am following don't show any applicant in May under PhD stream category, it means I am looking into wrong spreadsheet.