+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
pyzdfr said:
Guys who have completed their medical, Have you checked ecas recently? Any decision made or any PPR?
Neither "decision made" nor "PPR" !

I did my medical on Sep 15th !!!

Too much waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has any of 2014 applicants (post-May) got passport request as of today? If none has got such request, I believe they will delay the PP request to all post-May 2014 applicants to finalize old applications. It's my theory, it may be wrong though :-\

arian_arian said:
Neither "decision made" nor "PPR" !

I did my medical on Sep 15th !!!

Too much waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi arian_arian,

I just double checked in your last posts where you said you were rejected and then you appealed to the federal court. Don't you think this delay on passport request might be normal for people who have appealed and have won (think of a kind of punishment just for appealing)? I just don't understand why it has taken too long to ask you for passport :(

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
Has any of 2014 applicants (post-May) got passport request as of today? If none has got such request, I believe they will delay the PP request to all post-May 2014 applicants to finalize old applications. It's my theory, it may be wrong though :-\
I couldn't find any post-May applicant in PhD Stream Tracking Sheet but I fond quite a few in FSW spreadsheet, though I'm not sure which sub-category they're applying through. Also, I found some April applicants in tracking spreadsheet who are still waiting for PPR.
Your theory might be correct but no one knows. Let's just cross fingers.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
Hi arian_arian,

I just double checked in your last posts where you said you were rejected and then you appealed to the federal court. Don't you think this delay on passport request might be normal for people who have appealed and have won (think of a kind of punishment just for appealing)? I just don't understand why it has taken too long to ask you for passport :(
That's not fair if this is the case. But, I don't think they punish anyone for taking the case to the court. It seems that getting stuck in background check is the most viable option. Although, I cannot rule out your theory for postponing post-may applicant PPR.

blackrock

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-02-2015 ( Scanned Copy of new passport)
AOR Received.
PER 23-10-14
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
07-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2015
LANDED..........
20-03-2015
Do you guys think for they background check they contact back home and all places where you stayed more than six months ?

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
Also, according to the spreadsheets, no PPR was issued from Aug. 30th to Sep. 25th, for which I cannot find any reason except long summer vacation :D

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they only check your criminal records within Canada and maybe US (if you have been there). As for overseas criminality, they trust in your PCC from your home country. My concern is that there might be a lot of application sitting in the queue and waiting for police check within Canada :-(

blackrock said:
Do you guys think for they background check they contact back home and all places where you stayed more than six months ?

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully they took a long summer vacation and will NOT take a long christmas holiday :'(

pyzdfr said:
Also, according to the spreadsheets, no PPR was issued from Aug. 30th to Sep. 25th, for which I cannot find any reason except long summer vacation :D

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
No, they only check your criminal records within Canada and maybe US (if you have been there). As for overseas criminality, they trust in your PCC from your home country. My concern is that there might be a lot of application sitting in the queue and waiting for police check within Canada :-(
I don't think it's that simple. I remember reading somewhere on the cic website, where it was mentioned that criminality check depends on lots of factors, such as nationality, name, reasons for travels, etc. In some circumstances, they might inquire RCMP, CSIS, FBI, and Interpol, which can make the process painfully long.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG, nationality? I am screwed :eek: :-\

pyzdfr said:
I don't think it's that simple. I remember reading somewhere on the cic website, where it was mentioned that criminality check depends on lots of factors, such as nationality, name, reasons for travels, etc. In some circumstances, they might inquire RCMP, CSIS, FBI, and Interpol, which can make the process painfully long.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks man! I think I am safe. Although my country is quite complicated in terms of US relationship, I think for Canada its fine because I wasn't required to undergo medical exam or to submit police certificate when I applied for my student visa. Hopefully I will be safe.

pyzdfr said:
Don't worry. As long as there is no inadmissibly reason in your case, you'll be fine. Check this out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/who.asp
It might just extend background checking time a bit, and hopefully it won't happen.

ali_ut88

Oct 29, 2014
Hi,

I read in the previous posts that apparently CIO is checking the documents (including work letter) and determines the eligibility. Since I sent my application one month ago and my letter is missing the "Assist" key word (every thing else is fine in the letter), do you think that it's a good idea to send a new work experience letter to CIO even before getting my reference number? Is there anyone that was able to add/change anything to his application at CIO before getting the file number?

I am worried because it seems that it takes more than two months to get your returned application from CIO. In my case, this time happens to be at january 2015 and at that time the whole process is going to stop.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you can send additional documents to CIO and I too don't think CIO is checking reference letters very strictly. Would you mind if you share the wording of your reference letter here to give you some advice? Even if you missed the word assist but used a synonym the letter might still be acceptale.

ali_ut88 said:
Hi,

I read in the previous posts that apparently CIO is checking the documents (including work letter) and determines the eligibility. Since I sent my application one month ago and my letter is missing the "Assist" key word (every thing else is fine in the letter), do you think that it's a good idea to send a new work experience letter to CIO even before getting my reference number? Is there anyone that was able to add/change anything to his application at CIO before getting the file number?

I am worried because it seems that it takes more than two months to get your returned application from CIO. In my case, this time happens to be at january 2015 and at that time the whole process is going to stop.