Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

In the RPRF receipt, do you happen to know if we should complete (hand writing) the address and other info of the payer? or just leave the receipt as it was sent to us by email?

Thanks,

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
I completed. You can go wrong by not completing; but you can never go wrong by completing.

pepe84 said:
Hey guys,

In the RPRF receipt, do you happen to know if we should complete (hand writing) the address and other info of the payer? or just leave the receipt as it was sent to us by email?

Thanks,

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you complete it if you sent it by email? I am planning to send a hard copy of the document but I sent it by email first and I couldn't include that info. Also, that field is for credit card information only and they asked to keep CC info confidential !

unruffledterry said:
I completed. You can go wrong by not completing; but you can never go wrong by completing.

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Believe me, you don't need to complete that section. I didn't and my application went just fine.

pepe84 said:
How did you complete it if you sent it by email? I am planning to send a hard copy of the document but I sent it by email first and I couldn't include that info. Also, that field is for credit card information only and they asked to keep CC info confidential !

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
kg.jadu said:
Congratulations! So how did you deal with that POF request back in May? Did you just ignore it? :)
Hi Kg.jadu:

Do we need to separately apply for PR card? When I did landing I forgot to ask about PR card and officer also did not tell anything about it. He just asked me to write my current address and thats it.

Why it took so long for you to get PR card after landing? sorry if I missed your post about it.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Willbeat said:
Hi Kg.jadu:

Do we need to separately apply for PR card? When I did landing I forgot to ask about PR card and officer also did not tell anything about it. He just asked me to write my current address and thats it.

Why it took so long for you to get PR card after landing? sorry if I missed your post about it.
As far as I know you will get your PR card via mail at the address you have given during landing process.

The current time of PR card processing is 19 calendar days (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp)

but do update us when you received your PR card.

BTW how long does it took for you to get your passport back from Ottawa?

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
pepe84 said:
Dear all,

As many of you suggested, I got my medical request today. Exactly one day after RPRF and PCC request. I already booked the doctor appointment for this Thursday, however I got a cold last week and I am still a bit sick. Do you think it will affect the results of my medical exam? Finally, what is that torax X ray for?

Thank you guys!
Hi Pepe:

You dont need to worry for Cold. My situation was even worse than yours. I was on extreme cold, cough and fever and was taking advil as well as rectine during test time. I explained my situations to Doctor and she said it wont affect the test in any way.

The test require for CIC is just X-ray, physical examinations and blood test for HIV and Syphillis, so no need to worry. Go ahead.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
PhdStream said:
As far as I know you will get your PR card via mail at the address you have given during landing process.

The current time of PR card processing is 19 calendar days (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp)

but do update us when you received your PR card.

BTW how long does it took for you to get your passport back from Ottawa?
I was late in receiving my ME and RPRF but when i did them my process went pretty fast. I got my Passport back on exactly 10 days from the day I mailed it to CIC.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
unruffledterry said:
Hi. I did my medicals about 2 weeks ago. ecas still says "in progress" with no sub notes. My question is this: is there meant to be another line stating that my medicals have been received? if yes, how long did this take in your case or any other cases you are aware of? Thanks,
Hi

Yes, there will add"medical results have been received". Mine was a week after.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much, and yes I already spoke with the doctor and all good. So it is scheduled for Thursday!

Willbeat said:
Hi Pepe:

You dont need to worry for Cold. My situation was even worse than yours. I was on extreme cold, cough and fever and was taking advil as well as rectine during test time. I explained my situations to Doctor and she said it wont affect the test in any way.

The test require for CIC is just X-ray, physical examinations and blood test for HIV and Syphillis, so no need to worry. Go ahead.

enamul

Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
(PER) 09-02-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
01-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
Hi everyone,
I am planning to submit the application in about a week. I have two questions right now, would really appreciate if anyone could provide some suggestions:

1) what job should I use for eligibility: I have been working over two years continuously as RA. My supervisor provided a letter mentioning that I have been working full time (35 hrs per week). I also worked as Lecturer (NOC 4011) for 1-2 years after finishing my bachelors, however in the NOC description it says lecturers generally require masters degree as their employment requirements. I am now wondering which one would be most appropriate for me?

2) I haven't been able to get the police clearance for my spouse? Is it possible to submit the application and then collect and police clearance later?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Willbeat said:
I was late in receiving my ME and RPRF but when i did them my process went pretty fast. I got my Passport back on exactly 10 days from the day I mailed it to CIC.
Thanks for the answer .... my passport is with them and have to travel abroad soon ... it is worrying me

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Use NOC 4012 and make sure the period of work is continuos, all duties are well listed and salaries declared. You should also include reference letters as a lecturer if you want to obtain points for that work experience. However for eligibility, 1 year of continuos work experience in NOC4012 will suffice.

Yes, you can submit your application without police certificates. It was my case as well.

Hurry up and remember this is the last call for PhD stream.

enamul said:
Hi everyone,
I am planning to submit the application in about a week. I have two questions right now, would really appreciate if anyone could provide some suggestions:

1) what job should I use for eligibility: I have been working over two years continuously as RA. My supervisor provided a letter mentioning that I have been working full time (35 hrs per week). I also worked as Lecturer (NOC 4011) for 1-2 years after finishing my bachelors, however in the NOC description it says lecturers generally require masters degree as their employment requirements. I am now wondering which one would be most appropriate for me?

2) I haven't been able to get the police clearance for my spouse? Is it possible to submit the application and then collect and police clearance later?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
pyzdfr said:
Hi arian_arian,
Have cic recieved your medical results? If yes, does ecas say that a decision is made? If so, I would suggest to call cic to see what's going wrong. I feel like 1.5 month is just too long for a PPR at this time.
I saw the line "Medical results have been received" a week after my medical (about 1.5 month ago). But my ecas still says "In process".

The last GCMS note that I received was mentioning that my due date was 31 October 2014. So I am hopeful to hear something soon.

As nobody has received the passport request in about two weeks I thought maybe there is something wrong these days!!!