+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

GOTITTT

Oct 6, 2014
Saph said:
Hi,

When did you find about your points? I already did the medical examination and had RPRF request.But still do not know anything about my pints :(!
Hi, if you applied under the PhD stream and have received your RPRF request, I think you are good.

When I first applied, I didn't meet the points so I submitted a new application. And when I applied for the second time, the point distribution changed which helped me a lot.

I don't think you get an email stating how many points you have earned if you are above 67. You just get the PER email.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
GOTITTT said:
Hi, if you applied under the PhD stream and have received your RPRF request, I think you are good.

When I first applied, I didn't meet the points so I submitted a new application. And when I applied for the second time, the point distribution changed which helped me a lot.

I don't think you get an email stating how many points you have earned if you are above 67. You just get the PER email.
Hi,
I appreciate your information.

Have a good day :)

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
I got letters from my former employer. Also submitted copies of my employment letter. I did an ECA for my undergraduate degree. I did my masters here.

AdamHH said:
Thanks a lot unruffledterry! Btw, how do I prove that? Is a letter from a former employer an adequate document? Also, have you done ECA for your previous degrees?

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
arian_arian said:
I haven't seen anybody. I did my medical on September 15 and still waiting for passport request!
Hi arian_arian,
Have cic recieved your medical results? If yes, does ecas say that a decision is made? If so, I would suggest to call cic to see what's going wrong. I feel like 1.5 month is just too long for a PPR at this time.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

As many of you suggested, I got my medical request today. Exactly one day after RPRF and PCC request. I already booked the doctor appointment for this Thursday, however I got a cold last week and I am still a bit sick. Do you think it will affect the results of my medical exam? Finally, what is that torax X ray for?

Thank you guys!

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
Dear all,

As many of you suggested, I got my medical request today. Exactly one day after RPRF and PCC request. I already booked the doctor appointment for this Thursday, however I got a cold last week and I am still a bit sick. Do you think it will affect the results of my medical exam? Finally, what is that torax X ray for?

Thank you guys!
Many Congratulation.

They take blood sample for HIV and syphilis, X-Ray for Tuberculosis, and urine for some bacterial infection (not sure). You can refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf for further information on types of tests.
Also, the doctor assesses your overall health by measuring heart rate, looking at your body and so on. I feel like the urine test or doctor assessment might be affected (in my case both were carried out at doctor's office). Having said that, I suggest to call your physician to see if catching cold interferes with the results.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks buddy! I just called the physician and said that a cold or flu will never affect the results. Urine samples are for sugar levels purposes!

Thanks a lot!

pyzdfr said:
Many Congratulation.

They take blood sample for HIV and syphilis, X-Ray for Tuberculosis, and urine for some bacterial infection (not sure). You can refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf for further information on types of tests.
Also, the doctor assesses your overall health by measuring heart rate, looking at your body and so on. I feel like the urine test or doctor assessment might be affected (in my case both were carried out at doctor's office). Having said that, I suggest to call your physician to see if catching cold interferes with the results.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Hi

It is taking long in your case but it is still O.K.. I have been waiting for 160 days now after medical and according to MP it is still in background check. I think depending on your major at University and your research area it could take longer. However last week the officer asked me for my new passport so I guess they have finished with what they call background check and they need my new passport info to sent the PPR (hopefully).
I just told my story to tell you that your case is fine and the fact that for some people it takes a few days does not mean that you have a problem. The is light at the end of tunnel so just be patient. :)

I also suggest to follow up with your MP if no news in two weeks. The MP is able to at least check if they have received all the documents and medical and why is it still in process.

pyzdfr said:
Hi arian_arian,
Have cic recieved your medical results? If yes, does ecas say that a decision is made? If so, I would suggest to call cic to see what's going wrong. I feel like 1.5 month is just too long for a PPR at this time.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
prapplicant13 said:
Hi

It is taking long in your case but it is still O.K.. I have been waiting for 160 days now after medical and according to MP it is still in background check. I think depending on your major at University and your research area it could take longer. However last week the officer asked me for my new passport so I guess they have finished with what they call background check and they need my new passport info to sent the PPR (hopefully).
I just told my story to tell you that your case is fine and the fact that for some people it takes a few days does not mean that you have a problem. The is light at the end of tunnel so just be patient. :)

I also suggest to follow up with your MP if no news in two weeks. The MP is able to at least check if they have received all the documents and medical and why is it still in process.
Thanks for the clarification.
What does MP mean?

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
It is the Member of Parliament that is assigned to the area where you live. You can find yours and the contact info here searching by your postal code:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

If you have a problem with your application you can contact your MP's office and ask for an appointment. Explain the problem and they are able to contact the office to collect information on your case. They are not able to ask for speed up or things like that but they are able to directly contact the immigration office and get info.

pyzdfr said:
Thanks for the clarification.
What does MP mean?

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Hi. I did my medicals about 2 weeks ago. ecas still says "in progress" with no sub notes. My question is this: is there meant to be another line stating that my medicals have been received? if yes, how long did this take in your case or any other cases you are aware of? Thanks,
pyzdfr said:
Hi arian_arian,

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Yes there would be another line on comments stating that "we have received your medical results"

in my case it took around 20 days but I have seen people in this forum who didn't see that line at all but their results reached the office. I think if it does not show on your ECAS it doesn't mean that they have not received it but you have to follow up on it. may be send them an email or in case you didn't get an answer contact your MP to contact and check directly. It is too soon to get worried though.

unruffledterry said:
Hi. I did my medicals about 2 weeks ago. ecas still says "in progress" with no sub notes. My question is this: is there meant to be another line stating that my medicals have been received? if yes, how long did this take in your case or any other cases you are aware of? Thanks,

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Hmmmm. Thanks

prapplicant13 said:
Yes there would be another line on comments stating that "we have received your medical results"

in my case it took around 20 days but I have seen people in this forum who didn't see that line at all but their results reached the office. I think if it does not show on your ECAS it doesn't mean that they have not received it but you have to follow up on it. may be send them an email or in case you didn't get an answer contact your MP to contact and check directly.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Willbeat said:
Guys!

I got my Passport back with PR visa and COPR documents today. Almost end of the PR journey. Going to land at US-Canada Boarder North Portal SK next week.

Thank you everyone for your help throughout the process.

Please update my tracker:

Visa Received: October 21, 2014
Hi Willbeat, how long does it took from the day passport reached Ottawa to the day tracker was activated or you received the passport?

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
unruffledterry said:
In my case, it took about a week to show up on ecas. But the typical time for most of my friends has been around 2~4 weeks. Nevertheless, as praaplicant13 said, it all depends on CIC as when to update the ecas.