AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Has anyone received passport request within the last 2 weeks? Looks like things are slowing down again.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pepe84 said:
When you get your RPRF email, they will ask you to update your file. However, you may want to notify them sooner than later, so go ahead and email CPC Ottawa with your new family information.

Good luck!
pepe84, congratulations :) !!! It's hard to believe how fast things are moving these days. Pay the RPRF, request PCC, and do medical as soon as possible !!!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
SRINIVASA NAIK said:
Thanks RA_Toronto for your quick reply,

If i e-mailed them a letter identifying the changes along with my baby birth certificate as a proof is ok. Do I need to show more funds now because my baby is dependent?.

Please let me know your advice.
The answer is: of course you do.

GOTITTT

Oct 6, 2014
I finally received the official letter! This was my second try (I didn't meet the points so I retook the language exam, and the point distribution changed when I submitted my second application.)
This forum helped me a lot! Thank you !

Application reached CIO: 24 February 2014
CC Charged: 15 March 2014
PER issued: 20 March 2014
Document Request : NA
RPRF Request: 6 October 2014
Medical Request: 7 October 2014
Passport Request: NA
Number of people: 1
VISA received (PR landing document): 31 October 2014
RA/TA only, East Asian

sebastianderp

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (DM 15-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015 (Passport back on 28-05-2015)
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
pepe84 said:
Thank you and thanks for your PM message. I still can't believe it has been so fast for both of us!!!! :)
Congrats pepe84!

Do you have your info on the SS? Did you only have RA/TA experience and how many applicants were in your application?
Any info you shared would be appreciated.

-derp

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Got the most wanted email ever!!! police certificate request and RPRF request.

Just got it right now and my hands are still shaking!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many congrats, pepe84. I also think that you will receive the MR tomorrow. Enjoy the euphoria for a while, you absolutely deserve this, cheers ;D.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Dear Admin, plz update the tracker with my final piece of update:

Passports with Visa & CPR received: October 30, 2014.

Dear friends & fellow companions,
My journey to PR ends here for the time being. Because I have to wait for a while to go back to my home country and bring my wife (we want to land together at the airport). I can't really overstate how crucial your support was for my application getting approved. I don't think I'd have gotten thru so smoothly without the help from this forum. This was my first and only application. However, I had to wait for 3 years after completing my Masters in Canada to apply in this stream as CIC changed the previous 67 pt rule just before my MSc defense. So I can completely sympathize with those ones here who got it at 2nd/3rd attempt or took their cases to federal court (special thanks & kudos to those champions, later applicants are enjoying the benefit of it). I will check the forum time to time and you can also PM me; I will share my experience and expertise if applicable. I wish everyone of you success and peace hereafter. Thank you all again.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
bluelotus said:
Dear Admin, plz update the tracker with my final piece of update:

Passports with Visa & CPR received: October 30, 2014.

Dear friends & fellow companions,
My journey to PR ends here for the time being. Because I have to wait for a while to go back to my home country and bring my wife (we want to land together at the airport). I can't really overstate how crucial your support was for my application getting approved. I don't think I'd have gotten thru so smoothly without the help from this forum. This was my first and only application. However, I had to wait for 3 years after completing my Masters in Canada to apply in this stream as CIC changed the previous 67 pt rule just before my MSc defense. So I can completely sympathize with those ones here who got it at 2nd/3rd attempt or took their cases to federal court (special thanks & kudos to those champions, later applicants are enjoying the benefit of it). I will check the forum time to time and you can also PM me; I will share my experience and expertise if applicable. I wish everyone of you success and peace hereafter. Thank you all again.
how long does it took to get passport back (or xpresspost tracker to be activated) from the day your passport was received by Ottawa?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
unruffledterry said:
Has anyone received passport request within the last 2 weeks? Looks like things are slowing down again.
I haven't seen anybody. I did my medical on September 15 and still waiting for passport request!

AdamHH

Nov 2, 2014
Hello everyone and thanks a million for this extensive discussion! I've been reading the posts for a couple of days now and I must say even though this forum is a gold mine I couldn't find answers to some of my questions. Of course, I might be looking at the wrong place ;) I don't want to bother you with all of them (for now) so, if somebody can help me with this one, that would be highly appreciated!

I am a doctoral student in music, in 3rd year now, and I've been working as a TA from day one. The amount of work I got from the department is only 140 hrs/year and that is nowhere near the requirement set by CIC. Now, before I came to Canada I worked as a full-time music teacher (at school, not university) in my home country for 4 consecutive years. The amount of hours I have accumulated this way is a few times greater than what is requested by CIC. My question basically is, do you think I can rely on the previous work experience as my TA-ing experience is apparently insufficient. And finally, do you think I should maybe apply for PR under a different program?

Thanks a lot!

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Yes you can. I have no TA or RA experience. All my experience is from my country. Though I am yet to be given PR, I have done my medicals. Just ensure that your experience falls within the relevant NOC guidelines.

AdamHH said:
Hello everyone and thanks a million for this extensive discussion! I've been reading the posts for a couple of days now and I must say even though this forum is a gold mine I couldn't find answers to some of my questions. Of course, I might be looking at the wrong place ;) I don't want to bother you with all of them (for now) so, if somebody can help me with this one, that would be highly appreciated!

I am a doctoral student in music, in 3rd year now, and I've been working as a TA from day one. The amount of work I got from the department is only 140 hrs/year and that is nowhere near the requirement set by CIC. Now, before I came to Canada I worked as a full-time music teacher (at school, not university) in my home country for 4 consecutive years. The amount of hours I have accumulated this way is a few times greater than what is requested by CIC. My question basically is, do you think I can rely on the previous work experience as my TA-ing experience is apparently insufficient. And finally, do you think I should maybe apply for PR under a different program?

Thanks a lot!

AdamHH

Nov 2, 2014
unruffledterry said:
Yes you can. I have no TA or RA experience. All my experience is from my country. Though I am yet to be given PR, I have done my medicals. Just ensure that your experience falls within the relevant NOC guidelines.
Thanks a lot unruffledterry! Btw, how do I prove that? Is a letter from a former employer an adequate document? Also, have you done ECA for your previous degrees?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
GOTITTT said:
I finally received the official letter! This was my second try (I didn't meet the points so I retook the language exam, and the point distribution changed when I submitted my second application.)
This forum helped me a lot! Thank you !

Application reached CIO: 24 February 2014
CC Charged: 15 March 2014
PER issued: 20 March 2014
Document Request : NA
RPRF Request: 6 October 2014
Medical Request: 7 October 2014
Passport Request: NA
Number of people: 1

VISA received (PR landing document): 31 October 2014
RA/TA only, East Asian
Hi,

When did you find about your points? I already did the medical examination and had RPRF request.But still do not know anything about my pints :(!

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
arian_arian said:
I haven't seen anybody. I did my medical on September 15 and still waiting for passport request!

Hi,

Were you asked for additional documents like CV and thesis title?