+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, relax and wait for the RPRF request and passport request!

darkknight1 said:
since I got my medical, should I be tension free? have I reached their points requirements?

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
My application was rejected, due to that my work experience letter was not match with the NOC, in May 2014 and I re-applied again in August 2014.
My new application still in Sydney and the fees are not cashed.

Today I have received this email regarding my old application

Please be informed that after checking information you have provided, the visa officer was made a decision to re-open your file, and currently it is in queue for further review.

No action is needed from your part, at this present time.

You will be contacted should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

I do not know what is that??? All I remembered that I have sent email to them after rejection claiming that my letter is correct.

Do you have any experience like this situation?

darkknight1

Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
18-03-2015
pepe84 said:
Yes, relax and wait for the RPRF request and passport request!
Thanks Pepe84. I got RPRF too. Tuesday is the doctor appointment. you will be the next one. :)

belq33

Jun 23, 2013
What's PP?

Willbeat said:
Depends on officer. Most likely is they dont ask anything, only a couple cases are here they are asked POF at port of entry. I on Oct 28 and they didnt ask anything other than PP and COPR. it took only 15 mins in US side and about 30 mins in Canada side to complete landing for my family of four.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God blesses your words and makes your wishes true!!!! I sincerely hope and wish to get my medical request, still scared though :-[
darkknight1 said:
Thanks Pepe84. I got RPRF too. Tuesday is the doctor appointment. you will be the next one. :)

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you contact the VO, (I guess it is CPC Ottawa) and tell them that you have an application submitted and would like to know the results of the old application as soon as possible in order to decide what to do with the new application?

Your case is kind of unique!!!

yahia.eldemerdash said:
My application was rejected, due to that my work experience letter was not match with the NOC, in May 2014 and I re-applied again in August 2014.

Please be informed that after checking information you have provided, the visa officer was made a decision to re-open your file, and currently it is in queue for further review.

You will be contacted should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Regards,

I do not know what is that??? All I remembered that I have sent email to them after rejection claiming that my letter is correct.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
yahia.eldemerdash said:

Regards,

All I know is that this kind of things are so rare !!!
You gotta be very happy cuz I think that you got pretty good chance now. Congrats and wish you luck.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
yahia.eldemerdash said:

Regards,

I can tell you what has happened!

There was one officer who rejected lots of applicants for a stupid reason ("assist" word and "lead statement" and "main duties").

After that, "SO MANY" applicants (including myself) took the case to the Federal Court and won the case in the court and their cases were sent back to CIC for re-determination. This is becoming a SCANDAL for CIC. Therefore I think they have decided to contact everyone who was rejected for that stupid reason and re-determine their applications.

You should be happy and thankful to early applicants who started to take the case to the Federal Court (Dani1982 and ...) .

Best of luck,

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
Thank you for your reply....Actually for my case there are two issues:

1- my reference letter was no dated.
2- my fund was below the required amount.

I know these details from GCMS notes that I applied for after receiving the rejection letter.
Before received the rejection, I noticed that my status became Decision Made. So, I tried to guess the reason and sent any update before receiving the rejection. I sent a POF with the required amount just one day before I receive the rejection.

I do not know if they will consider this POF in the new evaluation. Shall I update my ref. letter with dated one, as well as a POF?

arian_arian said:
I can tell you what has happened!

There was one officer who rejected lots of applicants for a stupid reason ("assist" word and "lead statement" and "main duties").

After that, "SO MANY" applicants (including myself) took the case to the Federal Court and won the case in the court and their cases were sent back to CIC for re-determination. This is becoming a SCANDAL for CIC. Therefore I think they have decided to contact everyone who was rejected for that stupid reason and re-determine their applications.

You should be happy and thankful to early applicants who started to take the case to the Federal Court (Dani1982 and ...) .

Best of luck,

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
:) The end of the PR journey.

I sent my passport and it reached Ottawa on October 8th and I got it back with the visa on October 30th. Directly next day (October 31st) I went to do my landing at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara (October 31st).

The process was very smooth and took maximum 1 hour from the time I entered the bridge till I finished everything (including 25 minutes standing in the car line at the US border)
I crossed the border driving a regular rented car (no special papers for the car), there was around 6-7 cars maximum ahead of me at the US border. The officer was nice, but he made a mistake and sent us to the 2nd floor for document control because he thought we want to enter US (despite I told him clearly that I just came for landing process).

I parked the car and went to the 2nd floor for document control, the officer there was surprised why that 1st officer sent me over, so he just gave me the so-called “rejection" paper and showed me the way to make a U-turn and return back to Canada.

At the Canadian border there was no car lines at all, so the officer just took our passports and give it back to us with a yellow paper and asked us to park the car and go to the immigration office.

There was no lines as well in the immigration office, so directly the officer (a very nice young lady) took our passports and the CPR document (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) that Ottawa sent to me with the passports. We waited around 10-15 minutes then the officer called us to sign the CPR without asking for any extra documents at all.

She told me that the PR card should reach within 2 months and if I will leave Canada and fly in before getting the PR card I will need a valid visa. However if I cross the border by car, the CPR document will be sufficient to re-enter Canada without a visa.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
DrImmi said:

I sent my passport and it reached Ottawa on October 8th and I got it back with the visa on October 30th. Directly next day (October 31st) I went to do my landing at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara (October 31st).

The process was very smooth and took maximum 1 hour from the time I entered the bridge till I finished everything (including 25 minutes standing in the car line at the US border)
I crossed the border driving a regular rented car (no special papers for the car), there was around 6-7 cars maximum ahead of me at the US border. The officer was nice, but he made a mistake and sent us to the 2nd floor for document control because he thought we want to enter US (despite I told him clearly that I just came for landing process).

I parked the car and went to the 2nd floor for document control, the officer there was surprised why that 1st officer sent me over, so he just gave me the so-called “rejection" paper and showed me the way to make a U-turn and return back to Canada.

At the Canadian border there was no car lines at all, so the officer just took our passports and give it back to us with a yellow paper and asked us to park the car and go to the immigration office.

There was no lines as well in the immigration office, so directly the officer (a very nice young lady) took our passports and the CPR document (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) that Ottawa sent to me with the passports. We waited around 10-15 minutes then the officer called us to sign the CPR without asking for any extra documents at all.

She told me that the PR card should reach within 2 months and if I will leave Canada and fly in before getting the PR card I will need a valid visa. However if I cross the border by car, the CPR document will be sufficient to re-enter Canada without a visa.
Many congratulation and thanks for sharing your experience. It's been so fast for you. Wish you all best in your life.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
DrImmi said:

What do you mean by visa?? actually I am planning to Land on mind-end November and have to go out of the country on Feb next year.

I am worried I wont get PR card by then so looking for the options to come back to Canada.

Did they explained about the visa?? can we use our current TRV (student) to renter Canada if it is still valid by the time we re-renter canada?

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
He means "travel document" actually. I have the same issue and I researched extensively. Your current TRV visa and study permit will be void right after you land. The officer won't take them from you or cross them but they will appear invalid in their system. I asked the CIC call center and the officer at the border, and they both confirmed this. So you need to follow the guidelines in this link for travelling: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=605&t=10

I haven't received my PR card yet and I need to go to US next week for a week, so I bought my return ticket from Buffalo just for this reason. If I receive my card until then, I'll take the bus from Buffalo to Toronto. But if I don't, I will walk the border on my way back if I cannot find a ride from Buffalo to Toronto. It will be so inconvenient but it seems that there is no way around it.

PhdStream said:
What do you mean by visa?? actually I am planning to Land on mind-end November and have to go out of the country on Feb next year.

I am worried I wont get PR card by then so looking for the options to come back to Canada.

Did they explained about the visa?? can we use our current TRV (student) to renter Canada if it is still valid by the time we re-renter canada?

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
PhdStream said:

It is not visa, it is a travel document and it is only needed if you are flying in, but if you cross the border driving from USA the CPR is sufficient.

Here is the information you need to get the travel document if you want to return before having your PR card.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp