+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
Nope! If you do not send IELTS with your application, the CIO will send the whole package back to your home address. In other words, your application will be rejected without being placed into processing. Call IELTS test center in Conestoga College and explain them the situation. They will try to accomodate you for a closer date. I was in a similar situation, I had to retake IELTS this year and the closest date was July 2014, I called conestoga college and they had one cancelation for May 11,so I retook IELTS on May 11.

Hope you can make it. Call IELTS test center at Conestoga College tomorrow morning.

Phone number: 519 748 3516

Hi

I have sent my requested documents to CIC two weeks ago by email. I sent an email a week after to check wether they have received the requested documents or not? No response Sad. I am worried about that Sad. Is there any other way to ensure they have the requested documents in my file? I appreciate your help, guys.
I checked my permanent residency status online, as well. It says they have received medical reports but says nothing about additional documents have been received!

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pepe84 said:
The cap isn't full yet but the total number of received applications may be close to 55% of the total cap.

Yes follow the guidelines for the FSW category, make sure you include all documents, such as English test, transcripts and more important the job offer from Calgary to confirm that you are not planning to live in Quebec.

Hi

I have sent my requested documents to CIC two weeks ago by email. I sent an email a week after to check wether they have received the requested documents or not? No response Sad. I am worried about that Sad. Is there any other way to ensure they have the requested documents in my file? I appreciate your help, guys.
I checked my permanent residency status online, as well. It says they have received medical reports but says nothing about additional documents have been received!

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Saph said:
CV, thesis title, list of publications, proof of funds
That's interesting that they've asked for so many documents and at the same time they are giving you medical exam form. What abour RPRF?
They don't reply emails. I think the only option is to call CIC and ask an agent.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
ali_ut88 said:
Hi,

Recently, I submitted my application for permanent residency under the PhD category. After sending my application, I noticed that I have forgotten to include the "assist" word in my work experience letter (TA and RA). Actually, my letter has the "assist" word for the TA part but does not have it for the RA part.

Now, I was wondering if this can result in the rejection and return of my application from Sydney. In other words, is it possible that I will receive a reference number so that I can submit a new work experience letter? Because if they consider just my TA, then it will not pass the 1 year full time work requirement.
It is just my opinion. Probably, you will pass the eligibility in Sydney. After getting your file number, send the updated letter immediately before Ottawa makes a final decision based on your previous letter.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you included the number of the NOC, the name of the NOC and a substantial number of duties for this NOC, together with the number of hours worked per week and the annual salary, then you should be OK without having included the magic word ASSIST. However, if you did not include the NOC number and the duties do not match with NOC 4012, then you may want to send an updated letter to Ottawa as soon as you get your PER email.

When did you submit your application?

ali_ut88 said:
Hi,

Recently, I submitted my application for permanent residency under the PhD category. After sending my application, I noticed that I have forgotten to include the "assist" word in my work experience letter (TA and RA). Actually, my letter has the "assist" word for the TA part but does not have it for the RA part.

Now, I was wondering if this can result in the rejection and return of my application from Sydney. In other words, is it possible that I will receive a reference number so that I can submit a new work experience letter? Because if they consider just my TA, then it will not pass the 1 year full time work requirement.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you sent the documents by express to the address they provided you in the email, then there is nothing to be concerned about. it is a normal procedure to get some delays after submitting documents.

Keep calm and sleep quiet, all will be fine.

Saph said:
Hi

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
pepe84 said:
If you sent the documents by express to the address they provided you in the email, then there is nothing to be concerned about. it is a normal procedure to get some delays after submitting documents.

Keep calm and sleep quiet, all will be fine.
He says he has sent them by email !!!

ubcli

Nov 15, 2013
Hi Saph,

We were asked for a couple of documents (along with the medical request, and rprf) as well, but they didn't get logged on their online system upon arrival. Although, I'm not really sure if you can send the requested documents online. We used fedex to make sure they'd get the package.

Saph said:
Hi

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
ubcli said:
Hi Saph,

We were asked for a couple of documents (along with the medical request, and rprf) as well, but they didn't get logged on their online system upon arrival. Although, I'm not really sure if you can send the requested documents online. We used fedex to make sure they'd get the package.
Hi ubcli,
Would you please share your timeline here?

Thanks

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
pepe84 said:
Can you send documents by email? I am not sure what to answer now!
My advice is this, even when you send documents by email, always send the hard copy too via express post. Its just an extra insurance. Though I was asked to send RPRF by email, I still sent a hard copy to them. Its better to err on the side of caution. You have nothing to lose.

ubcli

Nov 15, 2013
unruffledterry said:
My advice is this, even when you send documents by email, always send the hard copy too via express post. Its just an extra insurance. Though I was asked to send RPRF by email, I still sent a hard copy to them. Its better to err on the side of caution. You have nothing to lose.
This is interesting. In the email I was sent, it says " You must send the receipt (..RPRF..) to CPP-O. Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:..."

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
ubcli said:
This is interesting. In the email I was sent, it says " You must send the receipt (..RPRF..) to CPP-O. Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:..."
I guess things change. Mine stated, and I quote: "Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must send the receipt to CPC-O. For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca ."