+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The cap isn't full yet but the total number of received applications may be close to 55% of the total cap.

Yes follow the guidelines for the FSW category, make sure you include all documents, such as English test, transcripts and more important the job offer from Calgary to confirm that you are not planning to live in Quebec.

nima2000 said:
I have not had the LMO yet. I just got the offer. I have not even moved.
Is the new document package for PhD stream in the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg73

Has the PhD cap filled yet or not?
Thanks

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Thanks Pepe, just one more thing. My IELTS exam is more than 2 years old . The soonest time which I found to retake the exam is 6 Dec and then its gonna take maybe 3 weeks to get the result. SO I would be really close to deadline.

Is it possible to submit the document and put a cover letter on the application explaining that the test was taken and the result will be submitted?

pepe84 said:
The cap isn't full yet but the total number of received applications may be close to 55% of the total cap.

Yes follow the guidelines for the FSW category, make sure you include all documents, such as English test, transcripts and more important the job offer from Calgary to confirm that you are not planning to live in Quebec.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope! If you do not send IELTS with your application, the CIO will send the whole package back to your home address. In other words, your application will be rejected without being placed into processing. Call IELTS test center in Conestoga College and explain them the situation. They will try to accomodate you for a closer date. I was in a similar situation, I had to retake IELTS this year and the closest date was July 2014, I called conestoga college and they had one cancelation for May 11,so I retook IELTS on May 11.

Hope you can make it. Call IELTS test center at Conestoga College tomorrow morning.

Phone number: 519 748 3516

nima2000 said:
Thanks Pepe, just one more thing. My IELTS exam is more than 2 years old . The soonest time which I found to retake the exam is 6 Dec and then its gonna take maybe 3 weeks to get the result. SO I would be really close to deadline.

Is it possible to submit the document and put a cover letter on the application explaining that the test was taken and the result will be submitted?

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
bluelotus said:
Greetings everyone :). I sent my passport on Oct. 16 (reached CPC on the 20th) and now waiting. The final line so far on my eCAS (decision made) is showing now: "A decision has been made on your application, the office will contact you concerning this decision."

My question to recently landed applicants or who also received PR cards recently:

What are the next lines/comments in eCAS status after you send the passports and after you receive PR cards? And if you recall then at what point (how many days later) did you notice the addition of the new comment in your respective eCAS status?

Thanks very much for your help.
I just checked and this is the last line (after a decision is made on your...)

You entered Canada xxxxxx office on October xx, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Saph said:
Hi

I have sent my requested documents to CIC two weeks ago by email. I sent an email a week after to check wether they have received the requested documents or not? No response :(. I am worried about that :(. Is there any other way to ensure they have the requested documents in my file? I appreciate your help, guys.
I checked my permanent residency status online, as well. It says they have received medical reports but says nothing about additional documents have been received!
May I ask what documents they were asking for?

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Fid0 said:
I just checked and this is the last line (after a decision is made on your...)

You entered Canada xxxxxx office on October xx, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.
Thanks very much Fid0. I've just checked that the return envelope from Ottawa has been activated. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will send me the passports with visa and CoPR soon. Wish me luck, all the best.

blackrose

Oct 2, 2014
Hi all,
I applied for PhD stream 5th of Dec. 2013, my PER was issued on 5th of Fab. Based on my online application status, they started to process my application on 5th of September, but still I did get any email about their decision. I ordered CAIPS notes, I got the result yesterday after about 1 month and it appears that I passed the eligibility and was requested for medical examination and RPRF payment on same day that my application started to be processed (5th of Sep), but I DID NOT get any email from CIC. Considering the fact that after medical request you only have 60 days to submit it to CIC, my 60 days will be over next week (5th of Nov.)
Could you please suggest me how can I notify CIC that I did not get any email from them. I really do not know how can I reach them.
Thanks for your help.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
blackrose said:
Hi all,
I applied for PhD stream 5th of Dec. 2013, my PER was issued on 5th of Fab. Based on my online application status, they started to process my application on 5th of September, but still I did get any email about their decision. I ordered CAIPS notes, I got the result yesterday after about 1 month and it appears that I passed the eligibility and was requested for medical examination and RPRF payment on same day that my application started to be processed (5th of Sep), but I DID NOT get any email from CIC. Considering the fact that after medical request you only have 60 days to submit it to CIC, my 60 days will be over next week (5th of Nov.)
Could you please suggest me how can I notify CIC that I did not get any email from them. I really do not know how can I reach them.
Thanks for your help.
You can email and also send hard mail to CIC as soon as possible. Attach a copy of the CAIS notes and refer the RPRF and medical request info mentioned in the CAIS notes. Ask them whether they can resend the emails if they have already sent them to you before but somehow got lost. You should also check the junk/spam folder of your mailbox.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
bluelotus said:
Thanks very much Fid0. I've just checked that the return envelope from Ottawa has been activated. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will send me the passports with visa and CoPR soon. Wish me luck, all the best.
When did you sent your passport for VISA?

Ami2002

Oct 18, 2013
Hi all,
I applied for PR under PhD stream, and this week we were asked to do the medical. However, my wife (also in Canada) is pregnant.
(1) Since she cannot do the X-Ray, only I should do the medical or she also should do the medical without the X-Ray?
(2) Since I can do the medical, will I get PR after the medical?
(3) Will her application be on hold until she complete the X-ray some time later, or both applications will be on hold until she take the X-ray?

Any advice and/or information are highly welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I strongly recommend to contact CPC Ottawa by email and also call CIC to explain them your situation. This is a very particular situation and whatever answer we give you may not be the right solution to this issue. Please call immigration and e-mail CPC Ottawa to detail your situation.

In addition, when did you apply under the PhD stream?

Thanks!

Ami2002 said:
Hi all,
I applied for PR under PhD stream, and this week we were asked to do the medical. However, my wife (also in Canada) is pregnant.
(1) Since she cannot do the X-Ray, only I should do the medical or she also should do the medical without the X-Ray?
(2) Since I can do the medical, will I get PR after the medical?
(3) Will her application be on hold until she complete the X-ray some time later, or both applications will be on hold until she take the X-ray?

Any advice and/or information are highly welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.

JVD3

Jan 22, 2014
bluelotus said:
Do you mind if I ask when you sent your passport?
I sent mine last week, but no news yet.

Ami2002

Oct 18, 2013
pepe84 said:
I strongly recommend to contact CPC Ottawa by email and also call CIC to explain them your situation. This is a very particular situation and whatever answer we give you may not be the right solution to this issue. Please call immigration and e-mail CPC Ottawa to detail your situation.

In addition, when did you apply under the PhD stream?

Thanks!
Thanks for the advice. We applied on 19th of May-2014.

Thanks.

ali_ut88

Oct 29, 2014
Hi,

Recently, I submitted my application for permanent residency under the PhD category. After sending my application, I noticed that I have forgotten to include the "assist" word in my work experience letter (TA and RA). Actually, my letter has the "assist" word for the TA part but does not have it for the RA part.

Now, I was wondering if this can result in the rejection and return of my application from Sydney. In other words, is it possible that I will receive a reference number so that I can submit a new work experience letter? Because if they consider just my TA, then it will not pass the 1 year full time work requirement.