+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
factplay said:
UBC2010,
I don't think that courier is a problem. I know people who have used courier and have received their passports. For you and me, the reason we have not received the passport yet is just because they haven't send it to us! I hope they finish whatever they wanna do on the weekend and send us our passports on Monday...

By the way, what did they reply to your email? Anything useful?
Thanks,
The reason Why I am saying this is the below, please read it carefully:

"..., If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail."

They did not reply to the fax I sent Nor to the email.

BTW, they close on the weekends.
Thanks

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
xhiddenx said:
Hello All,

Today I have been requested for Medical test as well as RPRF fee. I would appreciate if you could clarify me about following question:

*** Being medical requested means I am already granted 67 points and passed the eligibility assessment?

My Info:

Application Reached CIO: June-02-2014
Cashed: Sep-17-2014
Medical and RPRF requests: Oct-16-2014
Nationality: Iranian
*** This is my second application in PhD stream, my first application rejected May 2014 due to lack of points (66 points)
Congratulation :)

If you did not pass the eligibility they would not send MR and the RPRF.
I strngly believe you are almost there.
BTW, I have submitted two applications under the PhD stream, the first one was rejected but the second one was successful.
Thanks

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
I send the CPC an email to find out the status of my application. They answered me back with a short message that it is taking its normal procedure (I think they mean it is still less than 25 months!). They also told me that they are not sure how long this might take!
I am really frustrated to see there is nothing I can do but to sit and watch people getting approved, while my application is forsaken! :mad: :mad: :mad:

factplay

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
I used CanadaPost Xpress and still waiting! I'll let you know if I get mine. Fingers crossed...

ubc2010 said:
Thanks,
The reason Why I am saying this is the below, please read it carefully:

"..., If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail."

They did not reply to the fax I sent Nor to the email.

BTW, they close on the weekends.
Thanks

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
xhiddenx said:
Hello All,

Today I have been requested for Medical test as well as RPRF fee. I would appreciate if you could clarify me about following question:

*** Being medical requested means I am already granted 67 points and passed the eligibility assessment?

My Info:

Application Reached CIO: June-02-2014
Cashed: Sep-17-2014
Medical and RPRF requests: Oct-16-2014
Nationality: Iranian
*** This is my second application in PhD stream, my first application rejected May 2014 due to lack of points (66 points)
Hi,

Were you asked for any additional documents?

Thanks

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
vivi said:
Hello folks!

How many days after the doctor submits the e-medical results, we should expect to see "Medical results have been received" in the online service?
Hi,

I did mine 6OCT2014. The report was sent 2 days after.

factplay

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Have you been requested for your passport or you are still waiting for pass request?

Ace_2012 said:
I send the CPC an email to find out the status of my application. They answered me back with a short message that it is taking its normal procedure (I think they mean it is still less than 25 months!). They also told me that they are not sure how long this might take!
I am really frustrated to see there is nothing I can do but to sit and watch people getting approved, while my application is forsaken! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
factplay said:
Have you been requested for your passport or you are still waiting for pass request?
Waiting for PPR. it's been 18 months so far and still going on.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Saph said:
Hi,

I did mine 6OCT2014. The report was sent 2 days after.
I did my medical on October first, but my chest x-ray results was stuck in the hospital. Eventually my chest x-ray result was sent to the doctor on October 15 and the doctor submitted the results at the same day. For me, it took 15 days to submit the e-medical results :(

linux64

Aug 31, 2013
Hi,

I finished my landing today at Point Roberts (Tsawwassen, BC) today. I took a taxi for 15 minute from Tsawwassen ferry terminal, and the whole process took only 50 minutes. I think it is the closest place for landing for people from Victoria.

factplay

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Linux64,
Congratulations,
When did you get a pass request and when did they send you your passport?

linux64 said:
Hi,

I finished my landing today at Point Roberts (Tsawwassen, BC) today. I took a taxi for 15 minute from Tsawwassen ferry terminal, and the whole process took only 50 minutes. I think it is the closest place for landing for people from Victoria.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Ace_2012 said:
Look for applicants like you will feel happy. I have been waiting for 4 yeras and 5 months. I completed my studies and now working here in Ontario.

But I feel happy for people getting approved in year and less.

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
GeographyPhD said:
HI all,

I received my Certificate of PR in the post on Wednesday 15th October 2014. Off to the border tomorrow to officially obtain PR status! Thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone on here. If you have any questions, please ask. Just to note: I had only TA/RA experience -- good news for many here, I'm sure.

Could someone please update the spreadsheet?
Congradulation GeographyPhD,
Probably I would do the flagpolling there too... As we all are close to this stage, could you please share your experience with us? Did you have US visa, and how smooth was the flagpolling, and are we still allowed to do this? Did you do it on foot or by a car...

Thanks,