+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Asal2013

Nov 17, 2013
PhdStream said:
Hi all, I got passport request about an hour ago.

I am traveling next week so i will mail passport only after third week of this months.

By the way email suggests that I have to send them photo, but the number of photos is not mentioned. So how many photos that we have to send them?
Congratulation :)

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Fid0 said:
Hey guys,
I just received the PPR email but it has nothing about the photoes. It only has a link in parenthesis in valid passport section which is the photo requirements. But I don't know how many for each I should send if I should send at all...
So, could you share your experience with me about PPR letter and if you were not asked to submit photoes...
Many thanks :)
Congrats Fid0 :D. Do not worry much about photos, send them as you wish if you are asked in the email. My PPR has neither the word "photo" nor any link in bracket. So I think it varies case to case. Cheers.

dynamichuang

Oct 7, 2014
Hi, I am new here and I have a simple question.

Does anyone know that if CIC awards 5 adaptability points for completing 2 years full-time study?

According to the CIC website, full time means at least 15 hours of classes per week. For me, I haven't taken any class for more than 2 years.

On what basis does CIC determine if you are qualified for these five points?

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks a lot bluelotus. Do you know if they will update my OnLine status with file transferred to Visa Office? I see in the spreadsheet there is a chart which includes (amongst others) file transferred, what is that?

I am just concerned that my consulate takes one month to process applications for police certificates so I want to apply for PCC before requested by a visa officer, but I need to know an approximate time of when they will ask me for PCC. Please share your experience on this.

Best,

PP84
Do not worry much about the file transfer. Again sharing my own experience: my status said "In Process (we received your appl on Oct. 7th, 2013)" until I was asked for Medical exam and RPRF payment. Only then they added the 2nd line "we started processing ur application." I never heard any ecas line about "file transferred to Ottawa". If anyone else did, share your experience here.

I completely agree with you and Viva on your PCC issue. You can check the progress of the new contemporary applicants to decide your next moves. IMO, u can even sent PCC after 2 months from now to avoid some possible delay in future. Because some applicants receive PCC requests with medical and RPRF requests at the same time with only 60 days deadline for all of them.

I thought you already know about GCMS (Global Case Management System) :). After a few weeks/days of getting PER email, you can order GCMS note online for free. The link to do this is:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Or,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp
Choose it under privacy act and choose case file of your permanent residency application. Then also choose to receive it by email (not CD). From the pdf GCMS note, you will find your application details and all corresponding entries/comments inserted by the visa officers. From their comments, you can observe whether the visa officers have found any fault or incompleteness in any of your documents. You can send them updated documents accordingly. Good luck.

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
arian_arian said:
Congratulations!!! :)

Could you please let us know when you did your medical?
Many thanks :) We did our medicals Sep 17 but they did not send our results until Sep 26. They used eMedics so it was fast...

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
PhdStream said:

I am traveling next week so i will mail passport only after third week of this months.

By the way email suggests that I have to send them photo, but the number of photos is not mentioned. So how many photos that we have to send them?
Big Congrats :)
Usually you need to send 2 but the main question is if we need to send them at all! How does it suggest to send the photos? Mine has no section for photos but in passport request section it has a link without any comment on and I think it might be a typo. It may take some time to take the photos and I prefer to do my part asap...

ma_du

Aug 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I am trying to fill Generic application form for Canada.
Question 4 asked "Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application".
Should I leave it blank? because the Guide 7000 says Note: If you are applying from within Canada or being sponsored from within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Go to Question 5

I am PhD student in Canada like all of you. Why some people in the forum said "fill with CPC-Ottawa"?

Thanks.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
arian_arian said:
Congratulations!!! :)

Could you please let us know when you did your medical?
Thank you ... did got medical request on 25th Sept and done on same day. Medical clinic confirm sending report on 29th Sept.

arian_arian said:
By the way, did they ask you for proof of fund as well?
They never asked me for proof of fund. But I proactively send them 6 months history twice, on March, at the time of application (16k) and on June when I updated my study permit (17k)

Asal2013 said:
Congratulation :) Such a good news
Asal2013 said:
Congratulation :)
arian_arian said:
Asal2013, When did you do your medical?

Thanks,
At http://www.imemed.ca/IMEmed/Immigration_Medical_Examiners.html, its near GTA, just 2 hrs drive, fast (3 business days to confirm) and cheap 180$ including everything.

Thank you

Fid0 said:
Big Congrats :)
Usually you need to send 2 but the main question is if we need to send them at all! How does it suggest to send the photos? Mine has no section for photos but in passport request section it has a link without any comment on and I think it might be a typo. It may take some time to take the photos and I prefer to do my part asap...
Same with me and I am confuse .. anyway I will send them 10 photos. It just 25 cent

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I know this is bit silly question but I dare to ask.

Is there anyway where I can walk in with my passport to get immigration visa.

As I have to travel in a week time I cannot take risk to send passport now, however If I have immigration visa I can do landing process upon my arrival to Canada.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Congratulation! Your case was the fastest ever. You got the passport request just 11 days after you got the medical request. WOW!

PhdStream said:

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
vivi said:
Congratulation! Your case was the fastest ever. You got the passport request just 11 days after you got the medical request. WOW!
Thanks vivi .. mark my word .. you are on the way too.. may be by the end of this week

.. To other users who send their passport .. other than following documents what else do I need to enclose

1. Copy of “Ready for Visa” email,
2. Original passport (ordinary) with several blank pages,
3. 10 photos as specified in the “Ready for Visa” email,
4. Canada post prepaid envelope for return post with my address in the “Deliver To” field

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Viva2014 said:
Congrats. I believe you will get your medical request tomorrow.
For account statement, they do not ask every applicant to send 6 months history.
You were so right. I got a request to do my medicals today. Fingers crossed.