+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks Viva2014, as I replied to Bluelotus, I am just concerned about PCC. My consulate takes one month to process PCC, plus the translation to English it may take another 15 days. When do you think they will ask me for PCC?

PS. I did not submit PCC with my application because my crazy consulate always declares on each PCC issued by them: "Valid for Three Months Only"
It is hard to predict but I think if they ask it would be around 6 months from now. So, it is better to apply for PCC 5 months later. But remember that this prediction is based on the info of Jan., Feb., March and April applicants and we are not sure about the processing time for applicants after May 2014. It seems that it is longer than before.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Viva2014, you have given me a great idea. I will keep tracking all post-May 2014 applicants and then apply for PCC when I see an approaching date.

Cheers!

Viva2014 said:
It is hard to predict but I think if they ask it would be around 6 months from now. So, it is better to apply for PCC 5 months later. But remember that this prediction is based on the info of Jan., Feb., March and April applicants and we are not sure about the processing time for applicants after May 2014. It seems that it is longer than before.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pepe84 said:
Years of work experience in NOC 4012: 2.5 yrs in total (1.5 from my PhD and 1 from my MSc, both reference letters provided)
Number of applicants: 2
Visa office requested: CPC Ottawa
IELTS: 6.5
Spouse with 1.5 years of full time work experience in Canada (Reference letters provided).

Application received by CIO: June 9th, 2014

CC charged: Sept 25th, 2014

PER received: October 6th, 2014
Hi pepe84,

Can you also provide your country of origin?

And this goes for all who want to have their information added onto the spreadsheet.

I will not add you onto the spreadsheet unless I either have all the information, or if you cannot get it (such as if you don't remember the day your credit card got charged, or if your PER email went missing, etc).

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
pepe84 said:
Thanks Viva2014, you have given me a great idea. I will keep tracking all post-May 2014 applicants and then apply for PCC when I see an approaching date.

Cheers!
No problem and good luck :)

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Thank you very much, this is a much detailed answer than I get from the CIC call centre. It's very helpful indeed.

cantaloupe said:
If you haven't landed yet, yes you can.
If you have landed with your immigration visa already, your study permit (or any other Canadian visa you have in your passport) is null and void. If you travel before getting your PR card, you should choose one of these options:

1. Apply for a travel document from the Canadian cosulate in your destination country and use it to come back. (takes time!)
2. If you are visiting the US, or you have the option of coming back to Canada via the US, you can cross the border, in a non-commercial vehicle, using your CoPR document and passport.

Also you should know that the PR card is delivered faster than what they say (in most cases 2~3 weeks).

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bluelotus,

Thanks for the info but I have no clue of what GCMS stands for. Please spread the abbreviation.

Thanks!

bluelotus said:
Hi pepe84,
Welcome to our journey and wish you good luck on it. No, in our time we did not receive any 2nd email regarding Sydney to Ottawa file transfer. But you can assume that they will do it within next few days. So you should contact only CPC-Ottawa from now on. You can consider ordering GCMS notes after a few weeks from now.

GOTITTT

Oct 6, 2014
Hi all!
I just wanted to share my status. :)
Reading this forum helped out a lot! Thanks!!

Application Reached (Ottawa office): 24 February 2014
PER: 20 March 2014
Request for RPRF: 6 October 2014

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
PhdStream said:
Hey guys there is a new line in my ecas profile. It says "Medical results have been received." ... so how long it takes for passport request, in general?
Same here :)
It depends, but I asked around / searched on forum a lot and it varies between 15-40 days in general. Recent friends of mine got ppr after 30 days of seeing med results in their ecas...
There are cases waiting for 6 month but it is unusual and mostly due to expired security/clearance results after waitings for so long to get med request...
Many says the waiting depends on clearance which I don't agree. Some people requested report after landing and their clearance were still in progress!

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
guys this might be a silly question but I really dont know this. after submitting the documents how does CIC contact us? is it just by mail? (I saw it said on the form if you provide email address that will be the only (?) way of communication? how do we get the file number? or should I expect something in the mail? Also does this at all show in the MyCIC account at some point?

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
guys this might be a silly question but I really dont know this. after submitting the documents how does CIC contact us? is it just by mail? (I saw it said on the form if you provide email address that will be the only (?) way of communication? how do we get the file number? or should I expect something in the mail? Also does this at all show in the MyCIC account at some point?
If you provide your email in one of the forms, they will only contact you by email. This includes your PER or file number, document request, medical request, rprf and so on... You may need to send the documents to them by mail and they MAY acknowledge the reciving by email...

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi all, I got passport request about an hour ago.

I am traveling next week so i will mail passport only after third week of this months.

By the way email suggests that I have to send them photo, but the number of photos is not mentioned. So how many photos that we have to send them?

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys,
I just received the PPR email but it has nothing about the photoes. It only has a link in parenthesis in valid passport section which is the photo requirements. But I don't know how many for each I should send if I should send at all...
So, could you share your experience with me about PPR letter and if you were not asked to submit photoes...
Many thanks :)

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Fid0 said:
Hey guys,
I just received the PPR email but it has nothing about the photoes. It only has a link in parenthesis in valid passport section which is the photo requirements. But I don't know how many for each I should send if I should send at all...
So, could you share your experience with me about PPR letter and if you were not asked to submit photoes...
Congratulations!!! :)

Could you please let us know when you did your medical?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Fid0 said:
Hey guys,
By the way, did they ask you for proof of fund as well?

Asal2013

Nov 17, 2013
Fid0 said:
Hey guys,
Congratulation :) Such a good news