Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
PhdStream said:
Hello admin,

Please update the tracker ..

RPRF request: 24 Sept, 2014
Medical request: 25 Sept., 2014
Congratulations,
I can't find the tracker. When did u submit ur application??

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
CEC12 said:
Congratulations,
I can't find the tracker. When did u submit ur application??
the last entry (line 260) is mine at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-ASbHOIF93dDlLNjAtR1k4eGNtZ0xhSzkzYnBrVmc#gid=0

Also I have booked appointment for medical exam today ... will be done by done that what I was told my medical center..

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
PhdStream said:
the last entry (line 260) is mine at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-ASbHOIF93dDlLNjAtR1k4eGNtZ0xhSzkzYnBrVmc#gid=0

Also I have booked appointment for medical exam today ... will be done by done that what I was told my medical center..
Thanks a lot. Good luck in the medical..

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
guys, I am about to send out my docs, do you think it is a good idea to send my 6 months bank history together with the proof of funds in my application?
I have had over the limit all this time and no questionable number is there. The only thing is a direct deposit of around 2000 $ 1-2 months back.

sebastianderp

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (DM 15-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015 (Passport back on 28-05-2015)
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
absolute_boy97 said:
guys, I am about to send out my docs, do you think it is a good idea to send my 6 months bank history together with the proof of funds in my application?
I have had over the limit all this time and no questionable number is there. The only thing is a direct deposit of around 2000 $ 1-2 months back.
I think it's a good idea to include the 6-months history with your application if you can. might help move the assessment faster.
I'm not able to do that so I'm expecting the POF request in the future (hopefully not) :)

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
sebastianderp said:
I think it's a good idea to include the 6-months history with your application if you can. might help move the assessment faster.
I'm not able to do that so I'm expecting the POF request in the future (hopefully not) :)
Thanks. I also need to know how to answer question 3(b) on schedule 3 form asking: "Did your employer obtain a confirmation letter (Labor market opinion) from ESDC? since I answerd no to "do you have an offer of employment?" should I answer No or LEAVE BLANK?

superstring

Dec 9, 2012
Hi guys,

I have a question about using positive eligibility review email to apply for Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) for my spouse. Yesterday I went to Service Ontario to apply for OHIP. I understood that it's formal procedure to get rejected by Service Ontario first and appeal to OHIP Eligibility Review Committee in Kingston. Service Ontario pointed out a serious problem for me. The positive eligibility review email only has me, the principal applicant's name, not my spouse's. Therefore when I get approved by OHIP Eligibility Review Committee, I still can only apply for my own OHIP card, not my spouse's. Is there any way to include my spouse into OHIP application? Do I need to write to CIO to ask them to confirm my spouse's positive eligibility? Will that delay my PR application? Thanks.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
absolute_boy97 said:
I had the same thing in my statements (couple of time ... on and off) ... I was not asked to submit statements till so far and recently, I received RPRF and medical requests.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
I also need to know how to answer question 3(b) on schedule 3 form asking: "Did your employer obtain a confirmation letter (Labor market opinion) from ESDC? since I answerd no to "do you have an offer of employment?" should I answer No or LEAVE BLANK?

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
I also need to know how to answer question 3(b) on schedule 3 form asking: "Did your employer obtain a confirmation letter (Labor market opinion) from ESDC? since I answerd no to "do you have an offer of employment?" should I answer No or LEAVE BLANK?
I think it is better to leave it blank but it does not matter anyway...

shauser

Feb 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
N/A, I'm German
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Hi there,
I'm new here. I've looked at this page before but always felt quite overwhelmed with the number of posts...
however, generally I think this is great to have this forum to share experiences and I'd like to be part of this.
I'm originally from Germany and moved to Vancouver in 2011 to start my PhD.

I sent in my application in November 2013 for the first time. Got it send back to me twice:
- one time because they didn't like the letter from my school that stated I'm a PhD student, I had to get it changed.
- the other time, they said i didn't provide enough evidence that I've actually been doing the tasks an RA does (according to NOC). So, I got my advisor to write me a letter describing the tasks (that fits with the NOC task lists for RA's) I'm doing incl. lit.reviews, conducting studies, writing publications and all my published papers etc.

So, I sent in my application for the third time in the last week of May 2014. And today I received an email that it is being processed now and they took the money from my account a few days ago. I was pretty to hear that finally I made it to the next stage.
Now my fingers are crossed that my application package is all good the way it is.
One would think a PhD student should have no problem filling out some government forms, but I felt this all has been so hard and confusing... and still so much is unclear to me.

A few questions others may be able to answer:
1. What abbreviations are being used here? Is there a list/overview? Often I don't know all of the ones people use here.

Reading a bit through this forum, I'm unsure if my funds are satisfying for them.
2. Maybe someone can clarify what they need me to have and how I prove it?
BTW how is a PhD student supposed to have a whole lot of money in an account?

3. How long is the process after receiving notice about an application being processed?? (website says 25 months :eek: is that right?) I'm applying from within Canada and I believe it goes through Ottawa.
4. When will I get asked to do the medical exam? Do I have to get an X-Ray done? :mad: don't like that!

5. What happens if my student Visa runs out before I get the permanent residence (this is if i get it)? My Visa runs out August 2015.

I have tried to count my points before and this is what I came up with:
Education 23/ 25
English and/or French skills 24/ 28
Work Experience 11/ 15
Age 12/ 12
Arranged employment in Canada 0/ 10
Adaptability 10/ 10
Pass mark: 67 out of 100 points 80/100

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Hello all,

After waiting for two and a half months I finally received my CoPR. I am planning on landing this weekend in Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls. Do you guys know if it's still ok to land there? If so, what documents should I take with me?

Thanks!

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
shauser said:
Hi there,
I'm new here. I've looked at this page before but always felt quite overwhelmed with the number of posts...
however, generally I think this is great to have this forum to share experiences and I'd like to be part of this.
I'm originally from Germany and moved to Vancouver in 2011 to start my PhD.

I sent in my application in November 2013 for the first time. Got it send back to me twice:
- one time because they didn't like the letter from my school that stated I'm a PhD student, I had to get it changed.
- the other time, they said i didn't provide enough evidence that I've actually been doing the tasks an RA does (according to NOC). So, I got my advisor to write me a letter describing the tasks (that fits with the NOC task lists for RA's) I'm doing incl. lit.reviews, conducting studies, writing publications and all my published papers etc.

So, I sent in my application for the third time in the last week of May 2014. And today I received an email that it is being processed now and they took the money from my account a few days ago. I was pretty to hear that finally I made it to the next stage.
Now my fingers are crossed that my application package is all good the way it is.
One would think a PhD student should have no problem filling out some government forms, but I felt this all has been so hard and confusing... and still so much is unclear to me.

A few questions others may be able to answer:
1. What abbreviations are being used here? Is there a list/overview? Often I don't know all of the ones people use here.

Reading a bit through this forum, I'm unsure if my funds are satisfying for them.
2. Maybe someone can clarify what they need me to have and how I prove it?
BTW how is a PhD student supposed to have a whole lot of money in an account?

3. How long is the process after receiving notice about an application being processed?? (website says 25 months :eek: is that right?) I'm applying from within Canada and I believe it goes through Ottawa.
4. When will I get asked to do the medical exam? Do I have to get an X-Ray done? :mad: don't like that!

5. What happens if my student Visa runs out before I get the permanent residence (this is if i get it)? My Visa runs out August 2015.

I have tried to count my points before and this is what I came up with:
Education 23/ 25
English and/or French skills 24/ 28
Work Experience 11/ 15
Age 12/ 12
Arranged employment in Canada 0/ 10
Adaptability 10/ 10
Pass mark: 67 out of 100 points 80/100

Let me know if you have any questions!!
Hi!

1. OK, the common abbreviations people use here are:

AOR (acknowledgement of receipt of application by CIO)
PER (positive eligibility review by CIO)
CIO (centralized intake office in Sydney)
CPC (case processing centre in Ottawa)
POF (proof of funds)
MR or MED (request for medical examination)
RPRF (request for payment of "right of permanent residence fee")
PPR (passport request)
CoPR (confirmation of permanent residence)
GCMS (Global Case Management System notes - notes they write on your file electronically)
CAIPS (old version of GCMS, same thing!)
RCMP (royal canadian mounted police)

Maybe there are more... I honestly don't know why people use some of these abbreviations, because it doesn't save that much time when you're typing a post :D

2. You should show you have a sum of $12k ready to use. Can be bank statements or a letter from your bank or... but if you don't show your history for the last few months, they're likely to ask for it later. You'd better keep that money until you land as an immigrant. They don't care if you're a student, you currently live in Canada, or whatever; they just follow the same rules they apply to foreigners who want to move to Canada and establish a new life here. I know it doesn't make much sense, but that's how it is.

3. It takes 8 to 15 months for most people. Check this out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-ASbHOIF93dDlLNjAtR1k4eGNtZ0xhSzkzYnBrVmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

4. After CPC-Ottawa decides that you meet the minimum requirements and you pass 67 marks, they ask you to do that. And yes, it includes X-rays! don't worry, X-ray radiation is too week to mutate your genes if you don't do it every day. :p

5. You can switch to Post Graduation Work Permit, once you're done with your PhD. That doesn't need a job offer. So you'll be fine for another 3 years.

Good luck!