+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
superstring said:
Hi Everyone,

Today I received an email from CIO. I guess it's the AOR letter. Will they send me a PER letter later? My question is basically, whether AOR is equal to PER? Why they didn't say anything about my eligibility? Thanks.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxx,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/xx/xx.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
Would you please share your timeline. and what do you mean by AOR?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
kregmi said:
I am a third year PhD student applying for PR from PhD category. I am a Nepali citizen with a Master's Degree from Nepal. I have a One Year Master's degree from Canada and now doing PhD from the same country. Do I have to submit the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report when I am submitting a Canadian Master's certificate? Please help!
Kapil
It means that you don't have a Canadian master degree. right? Then, you need to provide CIC with ECA.

modelcitizen

Sep 18, 2014
T4A and notice of assessment for RA in PhD stream

Hello guys !
I am new here and currently filing my own PhD/FSW application. I have tracked this topic for quite a few days and knowing that the working experience for TA/RA only is quite essential and critical in CIC review.

I only have RA experience as the main title I am going to use to claim the mininum work experience for FSW. And like many of your guys, The University only give me T4A for my RA experience. Because the fact that I am entitled full-time education amount(which I believe all of PhD student should be), the amount of my T4A is tax deductable and isn't showed on my Notice of Assessment. Would this cause problems even if my professor claimed my RA employement and remuneration details in his letter?

I have searched for previous posts and find it kind of controversial. If some of your guys had the similar situations when filing you own application, could you please share your experience on this? I am very indeed appreciate it!!! :) :) :) :) :)Thanks!

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Re: T4A and notice of assessment for RA in PhD stream

modelcitizen said:
I only have RA experience as the main title I am going to use to claim the mininum work experience for FSW. And like many of your guys, The University only give me T4A for my RA experience. Because the fact that I am entitled full-time education amount(which I believe all of PhD student should be), the amount of my T4A is tax deductable and isn't showed on my Notice of Assessment. Would this cause problems even if my professor claimed my RA employement and remuneration details in his letter?
Hi modelcitizen,
I think most people were in the same situation; what I did was to ask my supervisor for a recommendation letter indicating all my responsibilities, RA salaries, and average working hours. Then I asked the head of our department for a letter indicating all my TA details (course name, supervisor, hours, incomes separately and in total), scholarships, RA salaries. Then, I attached copies of the TA contracts previously done which showed my duties and hour of working. This was submitted finally with my application.
I don't think I've ever included the T4As any of my CRA related letters because as you said it does not reflect our true incomes.
So, my suggestion is to read relative parts of the forum to have an idea of important parameters needed in the recommendation letters, then write them in draft and ask your supervisor and head of your department to modify it as needed (they don't have time to add all things necessary)...
And good luck :)

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
albaik said:
Hi Viva,

The new version is more consistent with the CIC system to calculate the eligibility points, which also has gaps. The points are granted as follows:

Work Experience Points
1 year 9
2 – 3 years 11
4 – 5 years 13
6 or more years 15

In my personal opinion and if I were you, I'd report the 3 years and 6 months as 2-3 years, as I don't want to give the CIC officer a reason to accuse me of presenting non-genuine responses. I'm sure that CIC can grant 10, 12, and 14 points for the missing levels of experiences in the point system.

For your question of working less than a year, it automatically disqualify the applicant and makes him/her not eligible to apply, as one year of experience is the minimum requirement of work experience to qualify under the FSW.

Hope this helps, and wish you the best of luck,

guys, 2 questions:

1-I have a similar question here. I have a less than a few months of work experience( like research assistant) outside Canada (which I am not claiming the point for in my application). But just to be completely clear in my presentation I want to report it. Now which box should I check for it? There is no box for less than a year, . DOes it mean that I dont have to report it? Wouldn't that then be a misrepresentation? also what should I put for the NOC code in front of it? (Can I put NA ?)

2- I have another part time one year work experience out side Canada for which I am not claiming points and so I dont provide the supervisor ref letter for it too. it was another research aisstant thing. again, what NOC code should I put in front of it? (Can I put NA )?

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Hey buddies,

Visa received yesterday Sep 19, 2014.

modelcitizen

Sep 18, 2014

Fid0 said:
Hi modelcitizen,
I think most people were in the same situation; what I did was to ask my supervisor for a recommendation letter indicating all my responsibilities, RA salaries, and average working hours. Then I asked the head of our department for a letter indicating all my TA details (course name, supervisor, hours, incomes separately and in total), scholarships, RA salaries. Then, I attached copies of the TA contracts previously done which showed my duties and hour of working. This was submitted finally with my application.
I don't think I've ever included the T4As any of my CRA related letters because as you said it does not reflect our true incomes.
So, my suggestion is to read relative parts of the forum to have an idea of important parameters needed in the recommendation letters, then write them in draft and ask your supervisor and head of your department to modify it as needed (they don't have time to add all things necessary)...
And good luck :)
Hi Fid0
Thank you so much for sharing your experience!
I've found a google doc of previous successful reference letter from previous posts (//docs.google.com/document/d/1rRI4xdVpgbh8Ko1p5S9KvwXf7B7UuTCKLBpKL2xasps/edit) the link is here for any new comers!:)
If you don't mind, can I ask your some questions further about your experience? I believe our cases have a lot in common.

1.Which one, the RA or TA, is your main work experience that you used to claim the 1 year mininum work experience?

2.It seems to me that your RA salary is mentioned in both your supervisor and department letter, correct?

3.And other than that, did you provide any payslips or paystubs along with your application package?since you didn't included those T4/T4As or NOAs.Cause my payslips showed "scholarships/fellow monthly" all my RA income, I kind of concern that this would cause confusions to officers who might think this is only related to scholarships/bursaries not my actual working performance.

4.And last question, can you also share your timeline?

Thank you some much again for your info! :)

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013

modelcitizen said:
Hi Fid0
Thank you so much for sharing your experience!
I've found a google doc of previous successful reference letter from previous posts (//docs.google.com/document/d/1rRI4xdVpgbh8Ko1p5S9KvwXf7B7UuTCKLBpKL2xasps/edit) the link is here for any new comers!:)
If you don't mind, can I ask your some questions further about your experience? I believe our cases have a lot in common.

1.Which one, the RA or TA, is your main work experience that you used to claim the 1 year mininum work experience?

2.It seems to me that your RA salary is mentioned in both your supervisor and department letter, correct?

3.And other than that, did you provide any payslips or paystubs along with your application package?since you didn't included those T4/T4As or NOAs.Cause my payslips showed "scholarships/fellow monthly" all my RA income, I kind of concern that this would cause confusions to officers who might think this is only related to scholarships/bursaries not my actual working performance.

4.And last question, can you also share your timeline?

Thank you some much again for your info! :)
guys, shouldn't the supervisor letter with all details (average hours, pay amounts, tasks) be enough? DO we really need to get another letter from the head of the department?

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
I have a few questions:

1- in the document checklist for the work experience after letter from supervisor, it also says "additional supporting documents may include: contracts, pay stubs , etc" .. is this additional documents something we really need to show? isn't this enough that it is already shown in supervisor ref letter? Our department does not give us contarcts anymore and also I am paid directly to my bank account. What should I do ? (also do we have to get another separate letter from the head of the department too? I dont mean the "attestation letter" which is a separate thing.)

2-regarding the schedule 3 form, I have a less than a few months of work experience( like research assistant) outside Canada (which I am not claiming the point for in my application). But just to be completely clear in my presentation I want to report it. Now which box should I check for it? There is no box for less than a year, . DOes it mean that I dont have to report it? Wouldn't that then be a misrepresentation? also what should I put for the NOC code in front of it? (Can I put NA ?)

3- I have another part time one year work experience out side Canada for which I am not claiming points and so I dont provide the supervisor ref letter for it too. it was another research aisstant thing. again, what NOC code should I put in front of it? (Can I put NA )?

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
absolute_boy97 said:
guys, 2 questions:

1-I have a similar question here. I have a less than a few months of work experience( like research assistant) outside Canada (which I am not claiming the point for in my application). But just to be completely clear in my presentation I want to report it. Now which box should I check for it? There is no box for less than a year, . DOes it mean that I dont have to report it? Wouldn't that then be a misrepresentation? also what should I put for the NOC code in front of it? (Can I put NA ?)

2- I have another part time one year work experience out side Canada for which I am not claiming points and so I dont provide the supervisor ref letter for it too. it was another research aisstant thing. again, what NOC code should I put in front of it? (Can I put NA )?
That section in the updated form is a bit confusing because they omitted the "less than one year" option. But because that section of Schedule 3 is meant to be used for selection factor calculation, it makes sense to me that they don't want you to include irrelevant jobs' information. In fact, all other sections of that form are related to things for which you want to claim points. So I wouldn't include any thing less than one year in Schedule 3. However you must reflect them in Schedule A (history). This way you have never misrepresented anything.
I remember CIC asked somebody to send a new Schedule A to include some small job they had had in the past (which they'd noticed while digging in the applicant's study permit forms a few years ago.) This shows such things should go to Sch. A and not necessarily Sch.3.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
cantaloupe said:
That section in the updated form is a bit confusing because they omitted the "less than one year" option. But because that section of Schedule 3 is meant to be used for selection factor calculation, it makes sense to me that they don't want you to include irrelevant jobs' information. In fact, all other sections of that form are related to things for which you want to claim points. So I wouldn't include any thing less than one year in Schedule 3. However you must reflect them in Schedule A (history). This way you have never misrepresented anything.
I remember CIC asked somebody to send a new Schedule A to include some small job they had had in the past (which they'd noticed while digging in the applicant's study permit forms a few years ago.) This shows such things should go to Sch. A and not necessarily Sch.3.
Thanks a lottt. so I will include another sheet attached to schedule A and describe that this is my work experience for which I am not claiming points for. I was also worried about the previously mentioned work experience for study permit application which could be seen as opposed to this. But I think putting it in the schedule A and not mentioneing it in schedule 3 should take care of it !?

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
Yeah, I guess so. Why do you need to attach another sheet? are you short of space? :D
absolute_boy97 said:
Thanks a lottt. so I will include another sheet attached to schedule A and describe that this is my work experience for which I am not claiming points for. I was also worried about the previously mentioned work experience for study permit application which could be seen as opposed to this. But I think putting it in the schedule A and not mentioneing it in schedule 3 should take care of it !?

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
karanoha said:
Hey buddies,

Visa received yesterday Sep 19, 2014.
Hi karanoha, first of all many congrats :D. I have a question for you: can you tell me when did you exactly go thru your medical exam?

I am trying to figure out how many days CIC generally takes to send the PPR after the applicant actually has done the medical. Because different people did their medical after different no. of days from their medical request depending on doctor appointment availability or personal reasons. From the database I can see that you got your medical request on July 5 and passport request on August 29. However there is no column in that sheet for the actual date of medical exam completed by the applicant. Personally I got my MR on July 23 but went thru the medical on August 22 (almost after 1 month). Now I am waiting for the PPR and concerned about it. Thanks in advance.