waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Fid0 said:
I called CIC and they said it is OK to do it elsewhere. Don't wait for late appointments and a little bit difference in prices...
Any how, does Med and RPRF mean it is almost done?
Yes, Med request and RPRF is the biggest hurdle. Nine weeks after that we received CoPR. Others were much quicker.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
aalm said:
Hi guys. I have just returned from my conference. I have sent my passport last week and waiting for the VISA.
I will be landing in the Niagara Falls. Any tips for it? What I should have with me? I have valid USA VISA.

Secondly, it says that to get the PR card, it takes 6-8 weeks. But what is the normal time to get it especially in Ontario region?

Thanks.
Our PR card arrived 52 days after we landed. The border agent filled in some form online and we never had to submit any application for the PR card. He did it for us.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Hi Guys

I received a document request now, :( :-[

CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience. Please provide CIC with the following documents, taking time to ensure they are as accurate and up to date as possible :
- CV/Resume - This must be received at this office by: October 16th, 2014
- Complete list of academic publications - This must be received at this office by: October 16th, 2014
- Complete list of academic supervisors - This must be received at this office by: October 16th, 2014
- Thesis topic(s) - This must be received at this office by: October 16th, 2014

Did any body get this request. Do you have a sample of a good CV?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Saph said:
Hi Guys

CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience. Please provide CIC with the following documents, taking time to ensure they are as accurate and up to date as possible :
- Complete list of academic publications - This must be received at this office by: October 16th, 2014
- Complete list of academic supervisors - This must be received at this office by: October 16th, 2014

Is above different from a reference letter? Should my supervisor sign something or not?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Saph said:
Hi Guys

a lot of Iranians get this request. Don't panic!

I'm not sure about using someone else CV. Just give them your CV if you have not done anything fishy! :)

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
arian_arian said:

I'm not sure about using someone else CV. Just give them your CV if you have not done anything fishy! :)
you are right, one of my Iranian friends got this email as well. He is a PR now, so no worries.

But I think yes, most Iranians get this email. I know others (not Iranians), applied under PhD stream who did medical and never got this email.

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Saph said:
Yes, every Iranian I know eventually submitted their CV with publication list and supervisor's names. Just Google CV sample and fill one based on your background. It wouldn't take more than a day to prepare one...

By the way, have you received the RPRF request or not yet?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Fid0 said:
Yes, every Iranian I know eventually submitted their CV with publication list and supervisor's names. Just Google CV sample and fill one based on your background. It wouldn't take more than a day to prepare one...

By the way, have you received the RPRF request or not yet?

Hi

Thanks for the information. Yes, I was asked for proof of Fund, Medical and RPRF last week. Do you know wether I need a Reference letter from my supervisor attached to CV or not?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
CEC12 said:
you are right, one of my Iranian friends got this email as well. He is a PR now, so no worries.

But I think yes, most Iranians get this email. I know others (not Iranians), applied under PhD stream who did medical and never got this email.

I was asked for medical, proof of fund and RPRF last week. Do you know wether I need to attach a reference letter of my supervisor to CV or not?

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
arian_arian said:

Thank you! I feel better now.

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
3.5 Months after the medical and still nothing! I got my CAIPS results today, which was filed a month ago! It shows that my eligibility is not started yet and my criminality is in progress! The next due date is end of August, which did not change anything! I don't know if this results give me a clue on anything! How long the criminality check might take anyway?!!

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Ace_2012 said:
3.5 Months after the medical and still nothing! I got my CAIPS results today, which was filed a month ago! It shows that my eligibility is not started yet and my criminality is in progress! The next due date is end of August, which did not change anything! I don't know if this results give me a clue on anything! How long the criminality check might take anyway?!!
What about the medical test, is there any indication in the notes that u passed it??

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
CEC12 said:
What about the medical test, is there any indication in the notes that u passed it??
Yes! Medical is passed, but the funny thing is, it says the eligibility is not started yet!

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Saph said:
I was asked for medical, proof of fund and RPRF last week. Do you know wether I need to attach a reference letter of my supervisor to CV or not?
Have you ever submit a reference letter from your current supervisor or not? If you didn't, I do suggest to ask for it and send it with your updates. If you did, it is not really needed as it is not an standard part of the CV (the "references" part which you address your supervisors' name and address is preferable though).
Some of my friends keep sending updated reference letter (to boost their Canadian work experience) and CV (to add their latest publication) to them. If I were the officer, I wouldn't like it as it keeps these cases more difficult to deal with...

Besides, guys, Saph's case shows that requesting for RPRF and Med does not necessarily mean everything is done! I hope we pass this stage soon :D

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Ace_2012 said:
I heard that even after landing, if you order caips the criminality status might be still in progress! it just is not accurate or up-to-date.