Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Could you guys let me know if the Police Background check from your home country should be submitted at the time of the application, or it can be submitted at a later time as requested by CIC?

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and I hate to do this but I can't imagine myself going through 1000+ pages and read all the posts. I am hoping you could help me or direct me to the respective pages that my questions have been discussed. My searching skills are not very effective on this topic.

I understand we need one year of full-time job experience to apply for permanent residency under the PhD stream. I also know that many of the applications have been rejected due to the inconsistency between NOC 4012 and the applicant's reference letter. What I am still not sure about is if RA and TA positions would qualify, at all, for that one year job experience criteria if the reference letter outlines the main duties according to the NOC-4012. I had been told by other people that the only RA experience that would count is when it is reflected in T4 tax slips, and T4A's are not accepted. I hope this is not true as my main funding package is in the form of a scholarship and hence is not taxed.

I'm also looking for a template letter that has been approved as a proof of RA/TA experience. I'm sure there must be a couple of them buried in these pages but again I am jumping into this topic way too late to be able to find them. I'm trying to compare our department's letter to that template and see if there's more required by CIC. I might be able to convince the department to add or change some parts of it.

I'd really appreciate any help. As a former forum user (another forum), I totally understand these repetitive questions are nothing but pain for regular users. So my apologies as a newbie member!

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
MySky said:
I'm also looking for a template letter that has been approved as a proof of RA/TA experience. I'm sure there must be a couple of them buried in these pages but again I am jumping into this topic way too late to be able to find them. I'm trying to compare our department's letter to that template and see if there's more required by CIC. I might be able to convince the department to add or change some parts of it.
Hi MySky,

Please refer to the following link for samples of some of the successful reference letters for TA/RA

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rRI4xdVpgbh8Ko1p5S9KvwXf7B7UuTCKLBpKL2xasps/edit

TA and RA are both accepted as work experience, and so many people have gotten their people using TA/RA alone (including me). I know one person who applied under the PhD stream last November, and he already landed. His work experience was mostly TA/RA, with the RA being a research studentship that shows up on T4A rather than T4, so it is possible. Just make sure your reference letter is as strong as possible.

s-r-z said:
Could you guys let me know if the Police Background check from your home country should be submitted at the time of the application, or it can be submitted at a later time as requested by CIC?
You don't have to include them with the application, though I'm sure it'd help make it faster (IMO) if you do. When I submitted my application, I did not include PCC from my home country (since I have not stayed there for over 6 months since the age of 18), but they requested it anyway during later stage, so it's not a big deal, though I wished that I had included it earlier so my application would have been approved much sooner (took more than a month for me to get it).

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mamali said:
Hi,

We received your application for permanent residence on December 9, 2013.
We started processing your application on August 28, 2014.

File number: Feb 5
Number of people: 1
RA/TA only.

Good luck.
Hi mamali,

Can you share the rest of the information as well as required by the spreadsheet?

This goes for everyone else who would like to be added to the sheet. Please include as much information as possible so that it would make the job easier for the administrators.

mamali

Nov 12, 2013
Hi, :)

Application reached CIO: 9 Dec 2014
PER issued: 5 Feb 2014
RPRF/Medical/ Bank statement/ Military exemption request: 29 Aug 2014
TA/RA only
nationality: Iran
Officer: DB00204

Please let me know if you need any other inf.

meyakanor said:
Hi mamali,

Can you share the rest of the information as well as required by the spreadsheet?

This goes for everyone else who would like to be added to the sheet. Please include as much information as possible so that it would make the job easier for the administrators.

Sep 3, 2014
Hi,

Here is my information:

Application reached CIO: 4 Nov. 2013
PER issued: 16 Jan 2014
Proof to reside outside Quebec: 01 Aug 2014
Number of people: 3
Work experience included+RA

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
meyakanor said:
You don't have to include them with the application, though I'm sure it'd help make it faster (IMO) if you do. When I submitted my application, I did not include PCC from my home country (since I have not stayed there for over 6 months since the age of 18), but they requested it anyway during later stage, so it's not a big deal, though I wished that I had included it earlier so my application would have been approved much sooner (took more than a month for me to get it).
Thank you for the tip

thwijoo

Feb 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
Doc's Request.
29/08/2014
Med's Request
29/08/2014
Med's Done....
10/09/2014
Passport Req..
9/1/2015
Updates: Medical Report request received on 29th August, 2014,
Same day I received a list of documents requirement in a separate email, including: bank deposit history of last six months, updated personal details and etc.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Hello guys

About two weeks ago I sent my updated work experience letter and my spouse’s proof of language proficiency to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, but so far I haven't received any auto reply or acknowledge. Today, I'm going to send them by mail to make sure that my document will be included in my application. Is this the correct mailing address:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Thanks

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Guys, I have a question, those who applied recently and got PER please help me with that.

There are three addresses for sending our application (phd category). The third address is the courier one but it does not have "CIO" on it. On the other hand, although the second address is merely for phd category, in appendix B (attestation letter), the address is based on the first one. To which address did you send?

1. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6
Canada

2. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

3. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category, Offer of Arranged Employment category or PhD category
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Viva2014 said:
Guys, I have a question, those who applied recently and got PER please help me with that.

There are three addresses for sending our application (phd category). The third address is the courier one but it does not have "CIO" on it. On the other hand, although the second address is merely for phd category, in appendix B (attestation letter), the address is based on the first one. To which address did you send?

1. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6
Canada

2. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category or Arranged Employment Category
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

3. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category, Offer of Arranged Employment category or PhD category
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
Any idea?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Viva2014 said:
Any idea?
Hi Viva2014,

Both Appendix B and Section 4 point to the same address. If you are applying under the PhD stream, send it to PO BOX 8300 as instructed in Guide 7000.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg76

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PhD_Attestation_EN.pdf

pishvaz

Sep 5, 2014
Hi mamali,

This morning I was requested to submit an explanation for the exemption from the military service. The officer asked me: Details of military service: On the IMM5669 form, you answered that you have not served any military service. Please explain why you were exempt from conscription. As I was exempted due to continuing my study outside of Iran, I am wondering what did you answer to this question in your case.

I really appreciate it any suggestions by other folks as well.

Application reached CIO: 6 Jan. 2014
PER issued: 21 Feb 2014
Document Request : 05 Sept. 2014

mamali said:
Hi, :)

Application reached CIO: 9 Dec 2014
PER issued: 5 Feb 2014
RPRF/Medical/ Bank statement/ Military exemption request: 29 Aug 2014
TA/RA only
Officer: DB00204

Please let me know if you need any other inf.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
Any idea?
If you are using regular mail, use PO BOX 8300
If you are using courier (UPS, DHL, Fedex, etc.), use the third address. Also, in this case, you need to replace "NOC Category, Offer of Arranged Employment category or PhD category" with "PhD category" in the mailing label.