+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mamali

Nov 12, 2013
Hi,

We received your application for permanent residence on December 9, 2013.
We started processing your application on August 28, 2014.

File number: Feb 5
Number of people: 1
RA/TA only.

Good luck.

Asal2013 said:
Hi mamali,
Would you please share your timeline with us ?

Thanks,

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Hi,

I have a question. In "generic application form" , question 4, what is the immigration office? cpp-ottawa or cpc-ottawa? there is nothing about cpp-ottawa in CIC website anymore.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear folks,

I am becoming a bit concerned, I applied under the PhD stream category on June 7th, 2014. It has almost been 3 months since they got my application package but I haven't got any email from them since then. Is it normal?

Please get me back ASAP!

Many thanks,

PP

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
Hi,

I have a question. In "generic application form" , question 4, what is the immigration office? cpp-ottawa or cpc-ottawa? there is nothing about cpp-ottawa in CIC website anymore.
It was Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa at the beginning. After a few years (if I'm not wrong - starting Jan 1, 2014) CIC decided to make the office permanent, and now it's called Case Processing Centre - Ottawa

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe84 said:
Dear folks,

I am becoming a bit concerned, I applied under the PhD stream category on June 7th, 2014. It has almost been 3 months since they got my application package but I haven't got any email from them since then. Is it normal?

Please get me back ASAP!

Many thanks,

PP
Check the FSW2014 thread and their spreadsheet. CIO-S is now charging May 21 applicants. It might take another 2-3 weeks before they take a look at your application.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
vasyok said:
It was Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa at the beginning. After a few years (if I'm not wrong - starting Jan 1, 2014) CIC decided to make the office permanent, and now it's called Case Processing Centre - Ottawa
OK. Thank you very much. So, I will put CPC-Ottawa

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so very much! I am more relieved now!

Cheers man!

vasyok said:
Check the FSW2014 thread and their spreadsheet. CIO-S is now charging May 21 applicants. It might take another 2-3 weeks before they take a look at your application.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Hi all,

I understand that at some point in the process there will be a passport request and a new visa will be added.

If that is the case, do you guys know if there is a requirement for the number of unused pages left in the passport? I only have two left and I am wondering if I should get a new passport. Ideally, would want to avoid this since it would delay my application + in Canada is twice as expensive and takes much longer than just getting one while at home.

Thanks

Sep 3, 2014
Dear friends,
Thanks for this informative forum.
I have a question which worries me, I received a letter to prove that I intend to leave Quebec and I replied them through email and also mailed my documents. But I am worried that I have not sent my documents to the right address. Could you tell me if the following mailing and email addresses are the correct ones.

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
7th Floor , Section B

E-mail : CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
espg_007 said:
Hi all,

I understand that at some point in the process there will be a passport request and a new visa will be added.

If that is the case, do you guys know if there is a requirement for the number of unused pages left in the passport? I only have two left and I am wondering if I should get a new passport. Ideally, would want to avoid this since it would delay my application + in Canada is twice as expensive and takes much longer than just getting one while at home.

Thanks
Here is a quote from the passport request email they sent to me:

"We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport."

For me, they actually squeezed my immigrant visa right between other 2 visas in my passport (visa - blank page - visa -> visa - Imm_Visa - visa) even though there were about 12 blank pages after the last used page.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
espg_007 said:
Hi all,

Thanks
We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
sia_kb8 said:
We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.
Thank you /u/sia_kb8 and /u/vasyok for your quick replies!

If the requirement is just one blank page then I guess I'm OK then. A follow up would be, is it possible to change the passport number later into the process (compared to what was filled in the initial application)? say if you lost it (or if there are no more pages left). Maybe if the information is updated before the PPR?

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
sa-ha said:
Congratulation Karaniha.
would you please tell me when your ecas changed to "decision made"? mine is still in process. while we both received medical in a same day.
Congrats buddy, but it looks like they don't update it right away, they updated mine 2 days after the email.