ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ECAS Checker Android App:

Search as "ECAS Checker" on google play Store from u r device and install it....It saves the info on the device...:)

nzsr_786 said:
For people who have received PER this is a great time saver to check the status of E-CAS with just one click. Saves your time. Worth giving a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oscd.ecas

Anu2006

Aug 3, 2014
I just recently joined the forum and realized that I should have done that before I lodged my application . This forum is very very helpful. As for timeline, I applied during the same time as aalam did (that's why I try to follow aalam's post!!). After being requested, I paid RPRF and did medical. My eCAs shows, medical reports received since Friday last and after that nothing. I ordered for GCMS which was due on 20 August but yet to receive. I sent email regarding GCMS which remained unanswered (it threw me in to tension). Therefore, few things bugging me. It will be highly appreciated if any senior member ( specially aalam) answer my following queries:

1. What is the chance of my application to succeed?
2. In context of FSW( PhD-stream), does MR mean that eligibility has been done?

Sorry guys, I really know very little about the process.

Thanks guys!!

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
hadikhan64 said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question for MR. Do you share with me what do they write to you when they request for medical?
Cheers,
This is what they sent me.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· Medical examination for yourself
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

· Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself. You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa. Please follow these steps:

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi all,

I could finally be landing!! It is really a long-time wait, such a relief~
I am in Toronto now, could anyone share with me the experience of landing in Toronto, go to the YYZ? Thanks a million!

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Haha, not YYZ. You have to enter from another country. So, the nearest is the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls or the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie.

wintercolder said:
Hi all,

I could finally be landing!! It is really a long-time wait, such a relief~
I am in Toronto now, could anyone share with me the experience of landing in Toronto, go to the YYZ? Thanks a million!

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Henry.Nguyen said:
Haha, not YYZ. You have to enter from another country. So, the nearest is the Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls or the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie.

When I was landing (Sarnia boarder-Blue water bridge) the officer was asking me why I did go to the boarder instead of landing inside the country. I said I was given instructions by CPP-Ottawa either I could go to the boarder or I can land in side the country and handed in the letter that I received with the COPR. Then the officer told me that they do not encourage people cross the boarder if they are already in Canada. They are going to stop doing it. Since I have the letter from CPP-Ottawa he allowed me to do it. If I did not have that letter that day he would have sent me without finishing the process to do the landing inside Canada (by calling customer care and book an appointment). So people, if CIC did not mention anything in the letter that you received along with COPR do not go to the boarder.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi guys,
How long does it take them to give decision?
My status changed to "decision made" last Friday, still no e-mail :(

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aalm said:
Hi guys,
How long does it take them to give decision?
My status changed to "decision made" last Friday, still no e-mail :(
for me it was about 10-11 days

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my GCMS notes today. Ottawa gave me 5 points for 2 years of PhD studies in Canada. I think it's safe to assume now (since 3 forum members reported it) that post May 2014 applicants in our stream will get these 5 points.

According to the file, everything was finished/passed/approved by July 30, but they were sitting on my file for 2 weeks before they sent me a passport request.

It looks like they never received my email with RPRF receipt. Luckily, I sent a copy of it by courier as well.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
vasyok said:
Got my GCMS notes today. Ottawa gave me 5 points for 2 years of PhD studies in Canada. I think it's safe to assume now (since 3 forum members reported it) that post May 2014 applicants in our stream will get these 5 points.

According to the file, everything was finished/passed/approved by July 30, but they were sitting on my file for 2 weeks before they sent me a passport request.

It looks like they never received my email with RPRF receipt. Luckily, I sent a copy of it by courier as well.
Thank you very much for the useful information. There are 4 members getting these points now and it should be ok since ottawa does not change the rule from one applicant to another one. The only person who was not awarded that 5 ponits was "Sa_ha" who passed the eligibility and he/she did not need that point so maybe the officer did not care about that anymore.

Anu2006

Aug 3, 2014
Hello all,

I have a very serious question. Today for the first time I invented that according to "CIC Checklists" official passport is not a valid passport.

Is there any one who has an 'official passport' and got immigration? Or any idea what could be a solution if cic rejects official passport.
Please guys, make comments on it.

Thanks.

Asal2013

Nov 17, 2013
Hi guys,
I have one question. one of my friends plans to apply PR. He has a master degree from a Canadian university and a bachelor degree from his home country. dose anybody know that my friend should evaluate his bachelor's degree for submission or not?

Thanks,