+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Henry.Nguyen said:
Saph,

You will hear about it within one month, I think.
Btw, there is no 30th of February that you mentioned! :D
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I meant the end of February ;) :)

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I got passport request last Friday but I am in the USA and will be here for one more month.
Anyone have experience on sending passport from the US while having a permanent address in Canada?
I want them to deliver my passport to my current US address, and I just wanted to know if this can cause any confusion in their side since my permanent address is Canadian...
(I will provide a Canada Post shipping label to my US address, as they suggest in the email)

Any thoughts on that?

captain1982

May 31, 2013
civil656 said:
I certainly agree with you. They are sick mentally and maybe racist!
Thanks for your suggestion. I will call CIC tomorrow. Did you call to 1-800-242-2100? Could you talk to the agent by this number?
Yes call that number. They can find anything about your case by giving UCI number to them.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
vasyok said:
1. I only prepared PoF. I printed the last statements for my 2 bank accounts (in black and white) and asked a guy in the bank to stamp them. I also ask the same guy to print my "portfolio" - simply a page that states what accounts I have and the current balance on each of them (similar to the printout of your online banking).
2. I do not think that you need 6-months history or a Statement letter. However, it is based on MY experience, so I cannot guarantee that they will not ask you to show them 6-months history
Hi vasyok, congratulations on landing (and also others who got PPR and who just landed :) ).

I would just like to add that most people would not get asked for PoF at the port of entry. However, I DID get asked to provide the six-month bank statement, and not only that, the border lady asked me even for a statement for ALL bank accounts I have in Canada. Good thing I came prepared, though I had to show her through cell phone of my other bank accounts.

My landing experience was probably the worst amongst us all, but keep in mind that it is up to CIC to determine eligibility and admissibility, and as long as your admissibility (such as you have not committed a crime or been criminally charged) and eligibility (in this case, in terms of landing funds) have not changed ever since you got the visa, they would have no reason to deny you to land.

Keep in mind though that, right now, they require you to leave the country, so just taking u-turn (like I did a Fort Erie) for landing will no longer work. You now have to either enter the US, or get rejected by the US border before you can land.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all,
Does anyone in this group take the OHIP Card after getting the PER e-mail from Toronto?
The 777 College Street is saying FSW are not eligible for OHIP and even after getting the actual card, I still have to wait for 3 months.

Secondly, How is the landing experience in the Niagara Falls?

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
It's true that you have to wait for a 3-month period before getting OHIP activated. However, they will process the card for you.
It's normal for everyone, even Canadian citizens who left the country for more than certain days.

aalm said:
Hi all,
Does anyone in this group take the OHIP Card after getting the PER e-mail from Toronto?
The 777 College Street is saying FSW are not eligible for OHIP and even after getting the actual card, I still have to wait for 3 months.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Wow, that's so serious. Thanks for this, I will get myself prepared.
"ALL bank accounts", do you mean even credit cards? I have 10 cards. Hmm

meyakanor said:
Hi vasyok, congratulations on landing (and also others who got PPR and who just landed :) ).

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi, yes FSW applicant are eligible for OHIP provided that they have PER. If service Ontario refused your request, ask them for an official rejection letter. In the rejection letter (back side), there are instructions, how you can contact OHIP eligibility committee to review your case.

In my case, I wrote a letter and enclosed the rejection letter along with copies of document such as PER email, one credit card statement, driving license, passport, study permit, transcript, (you can enclosed any documents mentioned at http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/AttachDownload?openagent&TM=8_25_2014_5_42_15_PM&ENV=WWE&NO=014-9998E-82&SEQ=1&VER=11)

It took 2 months for me to get my eligibility letter. Just show that letter at Service ontario, thats it.

Remember you are eligible only after 3 months from the day you received PER.

aalm said:
Hi all,

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
aalm said:
Hi all,

I remember one of the applicants had a serious problem in that border and they even refused his/her landing. If you have another option go for that.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Guys,

I just received my passport with the PR visa and the CPR letter ... Planning to go to U.S for 3-4 nights next week to do the landing!

Wish all of you the best of luck for fast processing time ...

Regards,

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
albaik said:
Hi Guys,

I just received my passport with the PR visa and the CPR letter ... Planning to go to U.S for 3-4 nights next week to do the landing!

Wish all of you the best of luck for fast processing time ...

Regards,
Hi albaik,

congratulations on that!
Could you please tell me if they sent the CPR letter in the same package they returned your passport?
I am in the US right now and am trying to decide if I should send my passport from here to do the landing on my way back to Canada.

Thanks

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Thanks. I will try that.

PhdStream said:
Hi, yes FSW applicant are eligible for OHIP provided that they have PER. If service Ontario refused your request, ask them for an official rejection letter. In the rejection letter (back side), there are instructions, how you can contact OHIP eligibility committee to review your case.

In my case, I wrote a letter and enclosed the rejection letter along with copies of document such as PER email, one credit card statement, driving license, passport, study permit, transcript, (you can enclosed any documents mentioned at http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/AttachDownload?openagent&TM=8_25_2014_5_42_15_PM&ENV=WWE&NO=014-9998E-82&SEQ=1&VER=11)

It took 2 months for me to get my eligibility letter. Just show that letter at Service ontario, thats it.

Remember you are eligible only after 3 months from the day you received PER.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Yes, indeed the CPR letters were on the same package along with the passports.

If I were you, I'd send my passport to them immediately. You should buy 2 Xpresspost envelops, one to be sent to Ottawa and the other one (return envelop), where CIC would use to send your passport and CPR letter back to you.

On the return envelop, you should write down the "to" address where CIC would just stick a label on the "from" address. You may also need to include an explanation letter to CIC informing them that you are in US and would like to receive your passport to do the landing in your way back to Canada. Check the following link to see how can you do shipping from USA and pay online for Xpresspost-USA.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/xpresspostusa.jsf?mode=web

I read it somewhere that CIC asks you to inform them if you or any of your accompanying family member reside(s) in a different county, so CIC would arrange to print the visa on the VO of that country. In your case, CPC-O is the VO office for both, Canada and USA.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

2MarriedPhDs said:
Hi albaik,

congratulations on that!
Could you please tell me if they sent the CPR letter in the same package they returned your passport?
I am in the US right now and am trying to decide if I should send my passport from here to do the landing on my way back to Canada.

Thanks

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your response albaik!
I emailed CIC about being in the US but they have not replied back to me yet.
Based on what you told me, I think I will send my passports right away, and speed up my process a little.

Best regards

albaik said:
Yes, indeed the CPR letters were on the same package along with the passports.

If I were you, I'd send my passport to them immediately. You should buy 2 Xpresspost envelops, one to be sent to Ottawa and the other one (return envelop), where CIC would use to send your passport and CPR letter back to you.

On the return envelop, you should write down the "to" address where CIC would just stick a label on the "from" address. You may also need to include an explanation letter to CIC informing them that you are in US and would like to receive your passport to do the landing in your way back to Canada. Check the following link to see how can you do shipping from USA and pay online for Xpresspost-USA.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/xpresspostusa.jsf?mode=web

I read it somewhere that CIC asks you to inform them if you or any of your accompanying family member reside(s) in a different county, so CIC would arrange to print the visa on the VO of that country. In your case, CPC-O is the VO office for both, Canada and USA.

Hope this helps!

Regards,