+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi all,

I would like to ask question to those who have had an e-client status change to reflect 'Medical results have been received'.

I have read many posts which indicate that a PPR can be expected shortly after this change, including posts where people have received their PPR on the day they noticed their e-client change, or within a few days after noticing the change.

I have also read posts where e-client has updated with 'Medical results have been received' but the PPR wasn't received for many weeks or months afterwards.

It seems there are many factors to be taken into account before the PPR can be issued. My only question is how soon after?!

Thanks,

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albaik said:
Awesome!
So, it took about a week from the day they received the passport to the day in which you received it.

Did you use Xpresspost?
I used UPS to send the passport to Ottawa, and Xpresspost to send it back to me.

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Has anyone ever got rejected after RPRF payment and Medicals done ???

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
karanoha said:
Has anyone ever got rejected after RPRF payment and Medicals done ???
It may technically still be possible to get rejected after passing eligibility. All RPRF and Medical request are indicating is that you have passed eligibility (within the context of PhD stream, it means MI-eligibility, minimum requirements, minimum number of points and minimum funding have all been met), but there are still three other components that need to met: medical, criminality and security. If you fail any of the admissibility evaluations, they will still reject you (maybe if you have cancer, or if you have a criminal record, or if you belong to some terrorist organization, etc).

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hooray, the tracker of the return passport envelop has been activated 3 hours ago.

It is terrific, it took them two days to stamps the visa and send the passports back!

vasyok said:
I used UPS to send the passport to Ottawa, and Xpresspost to send it back to me.

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
CAS account or status?

Hello guys,

I just sent my PR application under the PhD stream last weekend. Cross my fingers for that.

I saw many people talking about CAS status.

Does anyone know when should I set up a CAS account?

Many thanks!!! ;D

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
Just got passport request. So excited. But unfortunately i can not send my passport next couple of weeks because I am travelling.
Thanks everyone in this forum for help and suggestions.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Yeah, finally I got PPR yesterday at 11:01pm!
Please update my status on the tracker.
CC Encashed: March 26, 2013
Number of persons: 01
PPR: August 22, 2014

Thanks a lot!
Henry

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
I got PPR few hours ago. :D Thank you very much my wonderful friends for making such a tough stream so straightforward.

bluelotus

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
2147, 4011, 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
arm739 said:
I got PPR few hours ago. :D Thank you very much my wonderful friends for making such a tough stream so straightforward.
Totally agree with "making such a tough stream so straightforward". Many congrats to every companion here who got PPR within last few days ;D, it's been quite a storm of it! I had to wait a while to do my medical because my passport was with USA embassy for a few days for my B visa application. Finally after 1 month of getting the MR, I did my medical yesterday; it took me actually the whole day to go thru body exam (with urine), blood test and chest x-ray in 3 different locations ???. However the staffs and the doctor were very nice in my case; they confirmed that they will send to CIC within a week. Meanwhile my wife did it earlier in our home country.

My suggestion to later applicants is that you might want to spend some time checking the internet reviews of the panel physicians. Because I read some rough reviews about some of them and I think the choice of a good physician might make a difference of a few days and prevent hassle in some cases. Keep posting friends...

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
Congratz Arm739, Henry! That leaves me the second in the back of the list, after Houra! :D

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did my landing today at the Niagara Falls Crossing. I do not have a US visa and expected some rough questioning from an officer, but it went very smoothly. The officer finished all paper work in about 5 minutes, gave my passport back, and told me to go to a Canadian side. No fingerprints were taken. The only questions he asked were "Why did you decide to move to Canada?" and "Is Canada better than your home country?" :)

"Canadian part" of the landing process took about 1 hour, including those 45 minutes I spent waiting in line. An officer took my CoPR, asked for an address in Canada, and told me to wait "while he was checking something". In 10 minutes he called me back, asked to sign the CoPR, and said "You are now a permanent resident of Canada". I did not hear any "Congratulations" or "Welcome to Canada" :(

He did not cross my student visa or took my study permit, but he said that it's illegal to use them now (have no idea why). So I cannot fly out of the country until I get a PR card.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hi Vasyok and other members,

Congratulate Vasyok for the smooth landing experience. That's fair enough, I think.
I would like to ask you some questions for your landing experience.
1. What were the documents/form that you had prepared before getting to the border? Do you suggest anything else?
2. For the Proof of Fund, I am preparing 6-month bankstatements of my RBC account. Do you think I should get a Letter of balance (or what is it called?) from the bank as well? Do they provide it easily/freely? Because my bank statements are online ones, so I could just print them in black and white colors.
3. Should we prepare a list of good that follows or don't need it because most of them are already in Canada?
4. Were they tough on residential address and mailing address? because I am going to move to another place, and want my PR Card to be sent to my friend's home address. Will this be an issue?

Many thanks
Henry

vasyok said:
Did my landing today at the Niagara Falls Crossing. I do not have a US visa and expected some rough questioning from an officer, but it went very smoothly. The officer finished all paper work in about 5 minutes, gave my passport back, and told me to go to a Canadian side. No fingerprints were taken. The only questions he asked were "Why did you decide to move to Canada?" and "Is Canada better than your home country?" :)

"Canadian part" of the landing process took about 1 hour, including those 45 minutes I spent waiting in line. An officer took my CoPR, asked for an address in Canada, and told me to wait "while he was checking something". In 10 minutes he called me back, asked to sign the CoPR, and said "You are now a permanent resident of Canada". I did not hear any "Congratulations" or "Welcome to Canada" :(

He did not cross my student visa or took my study permit, but he said that it's illegal to use them now (have no idea why). So I cannot fly out of the country until I get a PR card.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
I got a bank certification letter from my bank. It is dated, with contact info, states the amount of money I have and a date I became a customer of the bank. The letter is NOT stamped tho. Will it cause any problems? I was told I could order an official letter for 30 $, but I decided to go for the free one, coz the representative said I should be fine.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Henry.Nguyen said:
Hi Vasyok and other members,

Congratulate Vasyok for the smooth landing experience. That's fair enough, I think.
I would like to ask you some questions for your landing experience.
1. What were the documents/form that you had prepared before getting to the border? Do you suggest anything else?
2. For the Proof of Fund, I am preparing 6-month bankstatements of my RBC account. Do you think I should get a Letter of balance (or what is it called?) from the bank as well? Do they provide it easily/freely? Because my bank statements are online ones, so I could just print them in black and white colors.
3. Should we prepare a list of good that follows or don't need it because most of them are already in Canada?
4. Were they tough on residential address and mailing address? because I am going to move to another place, and want my PR Card to be sent to my friend's home address. Will this be an issue?

Many thanks
Henry
1. I only prepared PoF. I printed the last statements for my 2 bank accounts (in black and white) and asked a guy in the bank to stamp them. I also ask the same guy to print my "portfolio" - simply a page that states what accounts I have and the current balance on each of them (similar to the printout of your online banking).
2. I do not think that you need 6-months history or a Statement letter. However, it is based on MY experience, so I cannot guarantee that they will not ask you to show them 6-months history
3. All my stuff in Canada, so I did not prepare a Goods-to-follow list. An officer asked me whether I were importing anything at the time of landing or any time later. My answer was "no", so he proceeded to a next question.
4. For an address, he simply gave me a piece of paper and asked to write an address. He did not ask for any "proof" of address. I asked him whether he wanted to look at my driver's licence, he said no.