+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Viva2014 said:
I remember you were rejected before. Do you have any update. It seems that your case is in process.
I took my case to the "Federal Court" and I won the battle.

I got a settlement offer and now my case is back to CIC for re-determination by a different visa officer.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
I have the same question.

Viva2014 said:
Guys, I need your opinion.

CIC has updated the schedule 3 form. In this form, as you may know, we put our work experience(s). In the new version, there are gaps between years as follows:
1 year
2 to 3 years
4 to 5 years
6 or more.

Now, if we have a work experience of 3 years and 6 months, then, which box should be checked?
Or, for instance, if we have a work experience of less than a year, how should it be addressed?

The previous version was more straightforward than this.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Viva,

The new version is more consistent with the CIC system to calculate the eligibility points, which also has gaps. The points are granted as follows:

Work Experience Points
1 year 9
2 – 3 years 11
4 – 5 years 13
6 or more years 15

In my personal opinion and if I were you, I'd report the 3 years and 6 months as 2-3 years, as I don't want to give the CIC officer a reason to accuse me of presenting non-genuine responses. I'm sure that CIC can grant 10, 12, and 14 points for the missing levels of experiences in the point system.

For your question of working less than a year, it automatically disqualify the applicant and makes him/her not eligible to apply, as one year of experience is the minimum requirement of work experience to qualify under the FSW.

Hope this helps, and wish you the best of luck,

Viva2014 said:
Guys, I need your opinion.

CIC has updated the schedule 3 form. In this form, as you may know, we put our work experience(s). In the new version, there are gaps between years as follows:
1 year
2 to 3 years
4 to 5 years
6 or more.

Now, if we have a work experience of 3 years and 6 months, then, which box should be checked?
Or, for instance, if we have a work experience of less than a year, how should it be addressed?

The previous version was more straightforward than this.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Suppose someone has 900+2100+400 (hours) work experience . Will he/she get points for only year? I thought that if you have at least one year of experience you can add up your hours ( in this case, 2100+900+400=3400 hours, which is equivalent to two years). Am I right?

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
I have sent my application on Aug. 15, and I did not recognize that there is updated forms in August. The changes in the updated forms are very small and do not affect my case.

Do you think that the officer will return my application, and if they will do this when I expect to receive the application?

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
albaik said:
For your question of working less than a year, it automatically disqualify the applicant and makes him/her not eligible to apply, as one year of experience is the minimum requirement of work experience to qualify under the FSW.
I don't think you are right, albaik. This form serves two purposes: to determine a number of points for work experience and to provide CIC with details about this experience.

The instruction on how to fill out Schedule 3 says: " Starting with your current occupation, list ALL of the occupations that you have had in the 10 years preceding the date of your application." It does NOT say "list all list ALL of the occupations that you have had in the 10 years preceding the date of your application FOR MORE THAN A YEAR". So, the updated form is controversial. Now, with the "less than 1 year" option removed, you will not be able to report some of your experience. I have no idea how to deal with it.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
albaik said:
Hi Viva,

The new version is more consistent with the CIC system to calculate the eligibility points, which also has gaps. The points are granted as follows:

Work Experience Points
1 year 9
2 – 3 years 11
4 – 5 years 13
6 or more years 15

In my personal opinion and if I were you, I'd report the 3 years and 6 months as 2-3 years, as I don't want to give the CIC officer a reason to accuse me of presenting non-genuine responses. I'm sure that CIC can grant 10, 12, and 14 points for the missing levels of experiences in the point system.

Thank you albaik. If we have less than a year of work experience a long with other ones, then, we have to report that one. Right? so, how can it be mentioned in the form when there is no place for less than a year?

Hope this helps, and wish you the best of luck,

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
yahia.eldemerdash said:
I have sent my application on Aug. 15, and I did not recognize that there is updated forms in August. The changes in the updated forms are very small and do not affect my case.

Do you think that the officer will return my application, and if they will do this when I expect to receive the application?
This form was updated in 2 or 3 days ago. So, if you applied before that, there shouldn't be any problem

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
sia_kb8 said:
No I did not get any auto-replies, but they did receive and replied to my emails.
How long does it take to get a reply email from Ottawa? I sent my updated reference letter by email yesterday and asked them for acknowledge.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
vivi said:
How long does it take to get a reply email from Ottawa? I sent my updated reference letter by email yesterday and asked them for acknowledge.
The one time that I did that, they replied on the next business day.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
Viva2014 said:
This form was updated in 2 or 3 days ago. So, if you applied before that, there shouldn't be any problem
Thank you for your reply...I am worried as they take a lot of time to send PER. Is there any contact email/ number that I can check if my file goes into processing or not? Also if I want to update those forms how can I do that???

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
arian_arian said:
Are you guys getting an automatic reply when you send an email!?
No, I haven't got any auto-reply emails recently. I dunno what's going on.