Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
Thank you so much Vasyok. It was so helpful :)

BTW, did you get any new GCMS which includes assessments of Ottawa? We still are not sure about 5 points for 2 years of study.
No yet. I ordered it on July 30, so around Aug 30 it will be sent to me.

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Congratulations on your PR
I have 2 questions:

1- Was NOC 4012 your only NOC code used?
2- Did your letter say you are doing RA in the fall and winter as well? If yes, how many hours?

cdhbamboo said:
1. TA 10 hrs/Week, RA is occasional, one summer RA 37.5hrs/week, other RA projects 10 hrs/Week.
2. I got one GCMS before RPRF request, they did give 5 points for two year PhD.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Yeah same officer replied me too. said my file will be processed soon.

sia_kb8 said:
CIC just replied to my email yesterday in which I asked for confirmation of the receipt of my documents. I did not receive any auto-reply messages after either email - so there is that.

The email is signed by the same officer that sent me the RPRF request.

captain1982

May 31, 2013
Hi All,

My wife lives outside Canada, but I'm living inside. Can we land separately? I plan to land inside Canada (at border) and my wife plans to come to Canada and land at airport. Is it possible? I'm principal applicant.

Thanks

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Captain,

There is no problem as far as the principal applicant arrives first. In your case, you should do the landing first, then your wife can do it at a later date.

Best Regards,

captain1982 said:
Hi All,

My wife lives outside Canada, but I'm living inside. Can we land separately? I plan to land inside Canada (at border) and my wife plans to come to Canada and land at airport. Is it possible? I'm principal applicant.

Thanks

ShayaZ

Aug 13, 2014
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and I have started filling out the application forms. I have a question about Schedule A , "Background/Declaration" form question #11, "Military and/or paramilitary service". Does anybody know whether or not compulsory military training that some countries require (such as Iran) should be mentioned under this question?

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
ShayaZ said:
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and I have started filling out the application forms. I have a question about Schedule A , "Background/Declaration" form question #11, "Military and/or paramilitary service". Does anybody know whether or not compulsory military training that some countries require (such as Iran) should be mentioned under this question?
I would certainly write that and explicitly mention that it was a normal obligatory service. I would mention this fact again in the "reason for end of service"!

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
I think the spreadsheet will be used. Just post your details, admins will add it.

yahia.eldemerdash said:
Is there any tracker spreadsheet for the new applicants for new cap started in May 2014.

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Hello Guys,

I need your help about my case as I am applying soon.
which one should I include: HR letter or supervisor letter?

HR letter says: TA (12hours/week) in Fall and Winter and RA in summer (33 hours/week).....No RA in Fall and Winter (So, RA is not continuous).

Supervisor letter says: RA in Fall and winter (20 hours/week) and RA in the summer (33 hours/week)....I got a separate letter for TA (12hours/week).

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
PhD_Chemistry said:
Hello Guys,

HR letter says: TA (12hours/week) in Fall and Winter and RA in summer (33 hours/week).....No RA in Fall and Winter (So, RA is not continuous).

Supervisor letter says: RA in Fall and winter (20 hours/week) and RA in the summer (33 hours/week)....I got a separate letter for TA (12hours/week).
If I were you, I would put my supervisor letter as he/she would be my direct employer.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Just a friendly suggestion, do not take it otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------
When you prepare supervisor's letter (most commonly prepared by the student), make sure you tell your supervisor what you are writing.
I have seen one PhD student write hours as he seen fit and supervisor signed on it. Supervisor trusted the student.
At later stage, CIC asked the to submit additional documents. The student this time wanted to submit HR letter along with T4A/T4s and tax clearances. Now HR didn't given him what he wanted instead they emailed supervisor that the student asked something he is not supposed to. All on a sudden the supervisor flipped. He is saying why did you put fake hours? I did not know that you put fake hours. The prof was a non-tenured person and did not want to fight against HR. Ultimately bad blood, the guy left for an US School. So be careful about that. Clarify everything to supervisor before you get the letter.

PhD_Chemistry said:
Hello Guys,