+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks for your suggestion.
The problem is that I get paid for the Fall and Winter for being TA. Although I was also doing RA, but since I am not paid as RA, the HR letter does not mention my RA in the Fall and Winter.
So, my supervisor will mention I worked RA in fall and winter (less hours than RA in summer).

aalm said:
Just a friendly suggestion, do not take it otherwise.
-------------------------------------------------
When you prepare supervisor's letter (most commonly prepared by the student), make sure you tell your supervisor what you are writing.
I have seen one PhD student write hours as he seen fit and supervisor signed on it. Supervisor trusted the student.
At later stage, CIC asked the to submit additional documents. The student this time wanted to submit HR letter along with T4A/T4s and tax clearances. Now HR didn't given him what he wanted instead they emailed supervisor that the student asked something he is not supposed to. All on a sudden the supervisor flipped. He is saying why did you put fake hours? I did not know that you put fake hours. The prof was a non-tenured person and did not want to fight against HR. Ultimately bad blood, the guy left for an US School. So be careful about that. Clarify everything to supervisor before you get the letter.

captain1982

May 31, 2013
Hi Guys,

Do you know how long we have time for landing? document they gave me along my visa shows that I have about 1 year time to do immigration landing. Is it for everybody that recently applied? I think this time was much shorter about 1-2 years ago.

Thanks

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
captain1982 said:
Hi Guys,

Do you know how long we have time for landing? document they gave me along my visa shows that I have about 1 year time to do immigration landing. Is it for everybody that recently applied? I think this time was much shorter about 1-2 years ago.

Thanks
Sorry, I do not have any idea about the answer. Would you please share your information. It is not in the spread sheet.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captain1982 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
It is (and I believe it was) exactly one year from the date of the medical exam.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captain1982 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Could you share your timeline with us?

whatever51

Oct 31, 2011
HEY everyone,

Where can I find the documents on this post, I remember there used to be a few members who have uploaded their experience letter which has been successful ?

Thanks

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
whatever51 said:
HEY everyone,

Where can I find the documents on this post, I remember there used to be a few members who have uploaded their experience letter which has been successful ?

Thanks
You can find them here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rRI4xdVpgbh8Ko1p5S9KvwXf7B7UuTCKLBpKL2xasps/edit?pli=1

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
Congratz to those who have received their PPR.
Yet, it is very disappointing to see many people who applied long after you are receiving PPR and you are still waiting like forever! The first time our file was rejected in less than hour after a year of waiting, now probably we have to fill in the 25 months before they will consider our file again!
So sick and tired of all this waiting..... :mad:

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Ace_2012 said:
Congratz to those who have received their PPR.
Yet, it is very disappointing to see many people who applied long after you are receiving PPR and you are still waiting like forever! The first time our file was rejected in less than hour after a year of waiting, now probably we have to fill in the 25 months before they will consider our file again!
So sick and tired of all this waiting..... :mad:
Sorry to hear that, Have you got your GCMS? what it says? Have you tried talking to your MP?

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
s-r-z said:
Sorry to hear that, Have you got your GCMS? what it says? Have you tried talking to your MP?
I am currently very busy with my defence, but I don't think any of these would be any useful. They can simply say the security check is going on. Also, two months from medical is not such a long time (doesn't matter if others are getting it in few days!). As I said, it will need to be 25 months before you can object!

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
My ecas is still in Process. However, the note section says Medical results have been received. Normally, how long does it take to receive PPR after this stage? Unfortunately, I will be in China from Aug 20 to Nov 20 and cannot send my passport to them. Any suggestion or comment is greatly appreciated.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
arm739 said:
My ecas is still in Process. However, the note section says Medical results have been received. Normally, how long does it take to receive PPR after this stage? Unfortunately, I will be in China from Aug 20 to Nov 20 and cannot send my passport to them. Any suggestion or comment is greatly appreciated.
It takes around 20 days based the last few applicants.