+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
chakri264 said:
Apply under privacy act it is free. And select electronic file.
Many thanks ! Have you applied using the privacy act yourself ? From the internet I got the feeling everyone was paying this 5 dollar fee. Is there a difference in processing while choosing between the two acts ?

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jubayer said:
Got passport request today :) . Two and a half months after I did medical.

Jubayer
Congrats! I'm the only one left now... Whyyyyyyy??? ???

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
zedd4x said:
Many thanks ! Have you applied using the privacy act yourself ? From the internet I got the feeling everyone was paying this 5 dollar fee. Is there a difference in processing while choosing between the two acts ?
I got 4 GCMS files so far using privacy act and never paid anything. Not only me, most of the members here apply under privacy act and get the GCMS for free. If you select "Access to information act" they will charge you 5 dollars. While coming to Physical file or electronic...it is electronic. If you choose physical file they will just scan your whole application and send it to you which you already have a copy with you while applying. I accidentally once chose physical file and they sent me scanned copy of my application.

Technically they take same time to process under the two acts which is approximately a month.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got RPRF and medical requests (actually they sent RPRF request almost 1.5 hour after the medical). Admins, please update the tracker.

After-May-2013 applicants, what is the wording of your RPRF/medical requests? I do not have a single word about passing eligibility in my emails. Did they mention that you passed eligibility? I have a feeling that CIC simply made an officer go through the applications and request “missing” documents. Is it possible that they ask for RPRF/medical before assessing eligibility?

Here is the email that I received:

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
- Medical examination for yourself ...
- Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself ... (instructions how to pay online)

Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:
Attention: Program Assistant DB00204 – CPC-O
Case Processing Center - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1"

Thanks

gleb

Aug 5, 2012
vasyok said:
Got RPRF and medical requests (actually they sent RPRF request almost 1.5 hour after the medical). Admins, please update the tracker.
For me the RPRF request reads "This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose"

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Oops! This is an important observation that they have eliminated the sentence about passing eligibility from the emails. Mine does not have it neither.

We need confirmation from other folks who have applied after May 4th 2013.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gleb said:
For me the RPRF request reads "This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose"
Hmm... Did they ask you to email the rprf receipt to CPCO-Cost-recovery or to mail it to the provided address? What is the ID of an officer in your email?

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
vasyok said:
Hmm... Did they ask you to email the rprf receipt to CPCO-Cost-recovery or to mail it to the provided address? What is the ID of an officer in your email?
Mine has the following:

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
One more missed update

Bobrovsky1 said:
Hello Everyone.

I got RPRF and medical request today. Please someone update it on tracker.

Thanks.

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
sia_kb8 said:
Mine has the following:

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
The email I received was the same as vasyok email. I contacted them to see if I can submit RPRF receipt via email and they said it would be fine.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Can people check and see who their officer was in the RPRF email? We would like to compare to the emails that we got. I just posted mine a couple posts up.

Looks like they've changed the language of the RPRF email.