01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Re....Urgent

shahmed082207 said:
Hye Guys

I am applying for my Immigration under the Lecturer/ Asst Prof Category.

I want to know that after submitting my application , Can i apply/go for my PhD education in Canada while my immigration is in process or Not ?

Thanx..
Yes - you can certainly apply for a study permit. None of us here can tell you if it will be approved. But you can certainly apply.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Re: Re....Urgent

shahmed082207 said:
Hye Guys

I am applying for my Immigration under the Lecturer/ Asst Prof Category.

I want to know that after submitting my application , Can i apply/go for my PhD education in Canada while my immigration is in process or Not ?

Thanx..
I believe this depends on the class that you apply for. For Quebec or Ontario immigration programs, you should not study while you are applying. You might want ask a lawyer or paralegal and it will not hurt to call cic and ask this question

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
Done with the Permanent residency!! I received my visa and landed on Friday! Hope you guys hear good news soon!

amir_hb

Oct 27, 2013
rogelio said:
The NOC 4012 description says:

"Enrolment in a university or college program is required"

So, you MUST be a student in order to claim RA experience, regardless of a place. But how to demonstrate that it is not directly related to the studies? Any ideas of a statement to put in a letter?
Although I think you got your answer from Parkinson: I guess technically you don't need to be a "student" at the time you were hired as an RA. Because that statement you quoted is mentioned under "Employment requirements" on the NOC 4012 webpage. Such requirements are excluded from the FSW application assessment procedure:

"Note: The “Employment Requirements” listed in the NOC description for each occupation are not applicable." page 12 of OP 6-C

HanMo

Jan 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Hi everyone,

I need your urgent help. I am a PhD student in Quebec and planning to apply for CSQ as soon as possible. I have seen the CAP of 6500 applicants for CSQ.
One exception is "temporary residents" so am I exempted from considering the maximum CAP?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hi Parkinson,

How many days after the passport reached CPC-O, your Canada post return tracker got activated?

Thanks.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
chakri264 said:
Hi Parkinson,

How many days after the passport reached CPC-O, your Canada post return tracker got activated?

Thanks.
Exactly 9 days.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
cdhbamboo said:
Got the PPRF payment request today.

Thanks

Hello cdhbamboo,

I am new here. Since you have applied after may 2013 , you can help me a lot by answering my two questions. I have a big concern about them.

1. Did both Sydney and Ottawa (especially Ottawa) give the 5 points of adaptability for only 2 years of Phd study (not finishing the program)? You do not need to have your GCMS. If you think that without having those 5 points your application would be rejected by Sydney or Ottawa, then they have awarded it to you.

2. Did you claim RA full time for all two years study or it was less than 30 hours?what about TA? Thank you.

Firewall

Nov 13, 2013
Hi,
Just an update regarding my status. I have received the Medical and RCMP request today :)
Please update the "immigration tracker-PhD Stream", if you're authorized to do so.
Thanks

Steeven116

Jul 14, 2014
zain22 said:
hello guys,
I'm an applicant from Quebec and i received this email:

As per Regulation 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to economically establish themselves and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in XXXX, Ontario, you currently live in MMMM, Quebec. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec.

Therefore, please submit information and/or documentation that would allay this concern within 30 days from the date of this letter. Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you do not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay this concern, your application may be refused.

I look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 30 days.
advice please.
any other suggestions other than moving?
I don't have a job offer.
I received the same letter. What did you provide them?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Re: My suggestions to a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class

Steeven116 said:
I received the same letter. What did you provide them?
The following quote might help you:

tandysony said:
My suggestions to a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class who is requested to submit a proof of intention to live outside Quebec

TO WHO IT MAY CONCERN,

My name is Tandy, a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class​. After searching many webpages and the forum for over two weeks, I found that a solid proof is hard to get, especially for international students. So far (by June 30, 2014), 2 PhD students from McGill U., 1 student from Concordia U., and 1 student from U. of Montreal were known rejected, since their proofs did not satisfy the immigration officer. So, we must be very careful with the proofs we provide. An immigration officer may use them to against you.

According to my knowledge, following proofs are considered solid:

(1). Family tie: Wife is working outside of Quebec, and/or Children are studying outside of Quebec;
(2). A job/postdoc offer from a company/university outside of Quebec;
(3). Real estate outside of Quebec;
(4*). A lease contract indicates that you are currently living outside of Quebec / tax slips from a province other than Quebec;
(5*). Other properties: e.g., a car registered outside of Quebec.

* 4 and 5 are not proven working on their own, use them as supporting proofs.

Those are what I got so far. Hope this helps you guys in some degrees.

For me, I did my master degree in Ontario, and my previous supervisor agrees to give me a postdoc offer. That will definitely help my application.

Good luck to all applicants, especially those who are from within Quebec.

P.S.: This is only my suggestions. The final decision comes from an immigration officer. I cannot guarantee an "acceptance" even you provide all the proofs listed above.

P.P.S.: Many thanks to the previous Quebec applicants who shared their experiences.

Tandy

ptrs141

Nov 1, 2013
Updates!

RPRF: July 7th
Medical request: July 8th

Does this mean that I will get accepted - or they can still reject me?