dr.em

Jun 28, 2014
cdhbamboo said:
Can you share your timeline with us?
Hi there
yes sure
Apply 13/06/2013
PER 04/09/2013
document request 23th may 2014 (CV/supervisor info/ research info)
request to intend to live out of Quebec 26th June 2014
applicant 1
Egypt
plz add me to the excel sheet if you can , or the admin

astrogeo

Jun 30, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Just joined this forum. I have applied for PR under the PhD category and they received my application on 28th April 2014. My PCC and bank statements were sent with the application and I am now awaiting further correspondence from CIC. Can anyone guide me about the timelines for PhD applications? Also, my bank balance is a bit lower than what it was at the time of application... but still way higher than the required amount. Is this okay? I have had an application rejected before and I don't want to take ANY chances.

Please give me some pointers that anyone feels I need to keep in mind e.g. for the medical etc.

Cheers!

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
astrogeo said:
Hi Everyone,

Just joined this forum. I have applied for PR under the PhD category and they received my application on 28th April 2014. My PCC and bank statements were sent with the application and I am now awaiting further correspondence from CIC. Can anyone guide me about the timelines for PhD applications? Also, my bank balance is a bit lower than what it was at the time of application... but still way higher than the required amount. Is this okay? I have had an application rejected before and I don't want to take ANY chances.

Please give me some pointers that anyone feels I need to keep in mind e.g. for the medical etc.

Cheers!
If its higher than the required amount, you should be good. Just don't do large amount transactions (>$5,000 may be) which may raise suspicion.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
dr.em said:
Thanks a lot Parkinson , I already contacted them but kindly the only respond I got so far from Canadian-13 hope to get more responds from other
Do not hurry, take your time and keep in mind that every document you provide to them might be used against you.
A recent rejection case: He provided a bank statement from a bank outside Quebec to prove that he will leave the province but, because the amount was less than the minimum amount, they rejected him!!!!, although he did not provide this document as a POF!!!! and had enough money in his other accounts.

Possible options would be renting an apartment or owning a house in another province or providing a job offer from another province, bills showing your address in other provinces or maybe getting a car registered in another province or... I hope that successful Quebec applicants also help you.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
astrogeo said:
Can anyone guide me about the timelines for PhD applications?
You can get an idea about the timelines from here:
http://bit.ly/tpvdZa

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
My suggestions to a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class

My suggestions to a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class who is requested to submit a proof of intention to live outside Quebec

TO WHO IT MAY CONCERN,

My name is Tandy, a Quebec applicant under FSW-PhD class​. After searching many webpages and the forum for over two weeks, I found that a solid proof is hard to get, especially for international students. So far (by June 30, 2014), 2 PhD students from McGill U., 1 student from Concordia U., and 1 student from U. of Montreal were known rejected, since their proofs did not satisfy the immigration officer. So, we must be very careful with the proofs we provide. An immigration officer may use them to against you.

According to my knowledge, following proofs are considered solid:

(1). Family tie: Wife is working outside of Quebec, and/or Children are studying outside of Quebec;
(2). A job/postdoc offer from a company/university outside of Quebec;
(3). Real estate outside of Quebec;
(4*). A lease contract indicates that you are currently living outside of Quebec / tax slips from a province other than Quebec;
(5*). Other properties: e.g., a car registered outside of Quebec.

* 4 and 5 are not proven working on their own, use them as supporting proofs.

Those are what I got so far. Hope this helps you guys in some degrees.

For me, I did my master degree in Ontario, and my previous supervisor agrees to give me a postdoc offer. That will definitely help my application.

Good luck to all applicants, especially those who are from within Quebec.

P.S.: This is only my suggestions. The final decision comes from an immigration officer. I cannot guarantee an "acceptance" even you provide all the proofs listed above.

P.P.S.: Many thanks to the previous Quebec applicants who shared their experiences.

Tandy

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Gloryintoronto said:
What happens if your fee is reduced to domestic rate but later on your PR application is refused? Are you required to pay the difference for those years that you paid at domestic rate?
If this is the situation, I will reapply the sooner the better.

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'v been super busy lately so I didn't have time to come to the forum with last updates.
I received medical request on June 21.
I am in the US and will be here for a while and I was only able to book my appointment for the beginning of August in the city I am in :(

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
Parkinson said:
Do not hurry, take your time and keep in mind that every document you provide to them might be used against you.
A recent rejection case: He provided a bank statement from a bank outside Quebec to prove that he will leave the province but, because the amount was less than the minimum amount, they rejected him!!!!, although he did not provide this document as a POF!!!! and had enough money in his other accounts.

Possible options would be renting an apartment or owning a house in another province or providing a job offer from another province, bills showing your address in other provinces or maybe getting a car registered in another province or... I hope that successful Quebec applicants also help you.
Hi, what is the meaning of POF?Thanks

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
POF = Proof of funds

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
astrogeo said:
Hi Everyone,

Cheers!
hi, has CIC charged your fees already?thanks

KDP

Apr 14, 2014
Hi everyone, I have some questions about the proof of funds. CIC says on the website "You do not have to show that you have these funds if:you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada". Does it mean I don't need to submit it if I'm currently a PhD student in Canada and working as a RA?
Another question I have is how much money I need to show if I need to submit the proof of funds. The number of family members is 3 for me. But only my wife and myself are on the application, since my child was born in Canada. In this case, do I need $14,720 for two people, or $18,097 for three people.
Thanks in advance.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
KDP,

Re: Job offer
I think you missed the word "AND" in the phrase of the CIC. They mean:
"You do not have to show that you have these funds if:
- you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
- you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada."

Also, "Arranged employment" means "A valid job offer has to be for permanent, full-time and not seasonal work in a NOC 0, A or B occupation."
Therefore, RA is not counted as an arranged employment because it is not permanent and not full-time because the main purpose of your being in Canada is to pursue your PhD program.

KDP said:
Hi everyone, I have some questions about the proof of funds. CIC says on the website "You do not have to show that you have these funds if:you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada". Does it mean I don't need to submit it if I'm currently a PhD student in Canada and working as a RA?
Another question I have is how much money I need to show if I need to submit the proof of funds. The number of family members is 3 for me. But only my wife and myself are on the application, since my child was born in Canada. In this case, do I need $14,720 for two people, or $18,097 for three people.
Thanks in advance.