+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

dr.em

Jun 28, 2014
Hello all

I am PHD student from Quebec, I have applied 1 year ago , I did not know about this forum till I got an email from Ottawa asking for a proof to not intend to live in quenec , so I was searching on Google and here I am ,

for guys who went through same situation , what kind of information/documents I need to provide to pass this nightmare.
I am in my 3th year, a year or 1.5 to finish , if I move to another city after the request been sent , is it ok??

and thanks for sharing,....

josh123

Mar 27, 2014
Hi All, I just joined this forum. I applied under phd stream with my working experience at my home country as
my main occupation. I am debating whether I should change the schedule 3 to choose RA as my main
occupation since the policy after May 2013 needs one year experience under the main occupation. I am not sure
whether my letter to confirm my work experience at home country was solid enough. Could anybody
give any suggestions? Thanks.

Parkinson said:
I knew because almost anybody in this forum who gets RPRF request, gets medical request the day after.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
If the letter from your previous employer looks official, i.e with letter head, information, list of the duties you carried out in the past and the duties are similar to the ones listed in the NOC of the CIC, your salary, hours of work per week, that letter would be acceptable.
You could provide some more information to make your case more convincing, such as the received paychecks, insurance or other records of having worked with the company.

josh123 said:
Hi All, I just joined this forum. I applied under phd stream with my working experience at my home country as
my main occupation. I am debating whether I should change the schedule 3 to choose RA as my main
occupation since the policy after May 2013 needs one year experience under the main occupation. I am not sure
whether my letter to confirm my work experience at home country was solid enough. Could anybody

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jubayer said:
Guys,

I saw the "decision made" status on my ecas more than a month ago which also states that they received my medical. However, I haven't yet got any email from them. I am bit worried based on the usual timeline these days. Should I contact them? I have checked several times that I haven't skipped that email. Usually from which email address we get the passport request email?

Jubayer
Hi Jubayer. Seems like we have a similar timeline. My ecas states that medicals have been received for over a month as well, but my status is still "in process". I am a bit worried too, since everyone else got their PPR much faster. I am thinking to send them an email as well. Please let me know if you hear back from them.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Guys,

For those who have applied after May 4th, 2013. Has anyone received a medical request, document request, or RPRF request?

Regards,

dr.em

Jun 28, 2014
albaik said:
Hi Guys,

For those who have applied after May 4th, 2013. Has anyone received a medical request, document request, or RPRF request?

Regards,
Yes I did got document request

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Houra said:
Hi Jubayer. Seems like we have a similar timeline. My ecas states that medicals have been received for over a month as well, but my status is still "in process". I am a bit worried too, since everyone else got their PPR much faster. I am thinking to send them an email as well. Please let me know if you hear back from them.
Hi Houra,

Its good to hear from you. I am very confused. I don't know how long should I wait before sending them an email. Lets hope for the best.

Jubayer

Jul 12, 2013
salam20 said:
Thanks for caring. I met him today, he is my friend, he asked me for the landing papers. This is SK.
the new calender says:
"Information for Permanent Residents

Any change in immigration status must be reported to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research office.

Students who have applied for permanent resident status still pay the International Graduate student surcharge until permanent residence is granted by the Canadian Government, and a copy of the Permanent Resident card is provided to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research office."
What happens if your fee is reduced to domestic rate but later on your PR application is refused? Are you required to pay the difference for those years that you paid at domestic rate?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Gloryintoronto said:
What happens if your fee is reduced to domestic rate but later on your PR application is refused? Are you required to pay the difference for those years that you paid at domestic rate?

No, you become eligible for domestic fees because you are just eligible to apply for permanent residency. Regardless of whether you get your PR or not.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
josh123 said:
To decide if your letter is good or not:

-You should check if you have the lead statement for your NOC code explicitly and also a substantial number of main duties (around 80% of them) in your ref. letter.

- Make sure your ref. letter is dated and is on the company letterhead.

- You should have at least 1 year continuous full-time (30 hours/ week) or equivalent continuous part time ( 1560 hours ) work experience [before May 2013, full-time work was 40 hours/ week ( 1950 hours )] prior to application date. Make sure that your periods of works are in "dd/mm/yy to dd/mm/yy" format and there is not even 1 day gap between them for at least 1 year.

If your letter is not good you can send an updated ref. letter.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
dr.em said:
Hello all

I am PHD student from Quebec, I have applied 1 year ago , I did not know about this forum till I got an email from Ottawa asking for a proof to not intend to live in quenec , so I was searching on Google and here I am ,

for guys who went through same situation , what kind of information/documents I need to provide to pass this nightmare.
I am in my 3th year, a year or 1.5 to finish , if I move to another city after the request been sent , is it ok??

and thanks for sharing,....
If you can move, it's perfect. See the last posts of these users: Stuck in Quebec, MaytheFlower, Tandysony and other Quebec applicants who you can find in the tracker: http://bit.ly/tpvdZa

dr.em

Jun 28, 2014
Parkinson said:
If you can move, it's perfect. See the last posts of these users: Stuck in Quebec, MaytheFlower, Tandysony and other Quebec applicants who you can find in the tracker
Thanks a lot Parkinson , I already contacted them but kindly the only respond I got so far from Canadian-13 hope to get more responds from other