+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ES1360

Jun 16, 2014
Hi salam20,
Thanks for your sympathy. Regarding your first question, yes it is included in NOC 2121 (2011).
The letter I used at the time of submission is work experience and has no thing to do with study. The decision has been made based on that letter. Unfortunately I missed the deadline but I included a couple of excuses in the application for leave. The letter I submitted was same to what I included in previous message. My job fell into mycology category and I can prove that the duties listed under NOC 2121 is covered in the letter. I also make an appointment with MP. Thanks for your comments.
Cheers

salam20 said:
I am so sorry to hear that!!
For your old letter:
- is a research technician position listed in the NOC 2006 or 2011?
- Was your work expereince separate from your study?
- Did you include the leading statement and job duties related to your job title in the NOC 2006 or 2011?
You can contact the MP in your area to see what he can do. He may be able to get you more details.
You can go to the federal court within a limitted period from receiving the rejection.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
I have a question about landing. Does anybody know if my spouse can land in Montreal International Airport?
My wife is joining me from outside of Canada. I am wondering if she can land in Montreal?

Thank you.

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
I got an email from CIC, requesting a poof of "intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec".
Does that mean my reference letters are accepted? I sent a few messages to Quebec applicants under this topic about the proof, e.g. maytheflower, nima2000. I havent got any reply yet. I have noticed that kiwignd was rejected since the Officer was not satisfied with his/her proof. I am so worried about this. :( Perhaps, this is the last step for my application, I need to give a solid and conceivable proof.

Does anyone has such experience or know anything on compose this proof document? I am at my last year of PhD study in Montreal, btw. Thanks.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
tandysony said:
I got an email from CIC, requesting a poof of "intend to live in a province other than the Province of Quebec". :(
Does that mean my reference letters are accepted? I sent a few messages to Quebec applicants under this topic about the proof, e.g. maytheflower, nima2000, kiwignd. I havent got any reply yet.

Does anyone has such experience or know anything on compose this proof document? I am at my last year of PhD study in Montreal, btw. Thanks.
It doesn't mean that your reference letters are accepted. I hope Quebec applicants reply to you soon. My advice is: do not hurry, take your time and keep in mind that every document you provide to them might be used against you.
A recent rejection case: He provided a bank statement from a bank outside Quebec to prove that he will leave the province but, because the amount was less than the minimum amount, they rejected him!!!!, although he did not provide this document as a POF!!!! and had enough money in his other accounts.
If you are near to finish your PhD, one possible option would be renting an apartment in another province and showing them the lease or providing a job offer from another province. However, I think that successful Quebec applicants should help you in this.

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
Thank you for your reply. However, I am not going to graduate until the end of this year. I need to find a job outside of the Quebec ASAP, I guess.

Parkinson said:
It doesn't mean that your reference letters are accepted. I hope Quebec applicants reply to you soon. My advice is: do not hurry, take your time and keep in mind that every document you provide to them might be used against you.
A recent rejection case: He provided a bank statement from a bank outside Quebec to prove that he will leave the province but, because the amount was less than the minimum amount, they rejected him!!!!, although he did not provide this document as a POF!!!! and had enough money in his other accounts.
If you are near to finish your PhD, one possible option would be renting an apartment in another province and showing them the lease or providing a job offer from another province. However, I think that successful Quebec applicants should help you in this.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Mokeer said:
I am sorry to ask but why should we consider if our work experience is separate from our studies?
Because of the following reply from the MP.

arian_arian said:
My MP today sent me this email. This is the response that CIC gave to my MP.

What do you guys think???

Hi XXX (My MP),

I heard back concerning this case – apparently the issue is that his job letter did not specify whether his work as a teaching and research assistant was performed in relation to or separate from his own studies:

“We note that many PhD students must perform research assistant duties in order to complete their studies. Many of them are paid for working on their own research needed to write their thesis, or to co-author journal articles (in some universities, PhD students must have 4 articles published in order to graduate). As such, it is often difficult for us to distinguish work done for studies as opposed to projects that are separate from studies”.

Is it possible to have Mr. XXX's (myself) role clarified by Dr. XXX (my supervisor) /is it possible to clarify for whom(s) he worked as a teaching/research assistant?

Don't hesitate to contact me with any further questions.

Many thanks,

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
tandysony said:
Thank you for your reply. However, I am not going to graduate until the end of this year. I need to find a job outside of the Quebec ASAP, I guess.
I am glad you heard from CIC. If you can get a car registered in another province, rent an appartment, own a house, get a post doc. position, teaching position in a colleage in rural area, bills showing your address in other provience all of that will be great. See i you have a friend or a relative who can help.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
This my post number "300" :)

Here are my last updates. Yesterday, a changed my current temporary SIN to a permanent SIN and I also changed my current short-term (1-year) OHIP into the regular long-term (5 to 6 years) OHIP.

I have been following this fantastic forum, day and night, for more than 2 years, and I totally believe it was a main factor for me in having a successful application.
I really want to thank every one who was part of this forum. I will continue to be a member and I will be checking it every now and then.

Good luck for every one :) :)

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I have a question about landing. Does anybody know if my spouse can land in Montreal International Airport?
My wife is joining me from outside of Canada. I am wondering if she can land in Montreal?

Thank you.
Hi, I do not recommend to land in Quebec although I am not sure if she can land in Quebec. You can call CIC and ask them if thats ok. Do not forget to get the agent reference number!

Best of luck on the landing :)

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hi All,
I applied already under FSW program - PhD stream. I claimed one year Full Time Electrical Design Engineer in a Consultation Company and one year as a research assistant in Canada. I attached the following Ref letter:

This is to confirm that xxx was working for xxx as a full time Electrical Design Engineer. xxx was working 42 hours per week since starting his employment on xx till xx (one year).
As and Electrical Design Engineer, xxx has contributed in the desgin of the electrical installations for major projects in compliance with international standards. His main responsibilities and job duties were as following:
- Design the interior/exterior lighting systems for residential or commercial projects using compute software and simulations.
- Design the electrical outlet system for general loading applications.
- Design the electrical outlets for mechanical and communication installations and coordinate with other departments to assure the efficient operation.
- Determine the medium and low voltage cables sizing and routing.
- Design of the single-line-diagram for power panel boards.
- Conduct the short circuit, voltage drop, and load-flow calculations.
- Prepare the schematics, layouts and drawings for electrical systems and installations.
- Prepare and itemize the electrical materials and parts in the form of a bill of quantities.

xxx
signature, stamp, contacts, etc.

Also, I attached a complimentary letter from the HR indicating the payments and annual benefits.

I am wondering if this letter should work or not? it is not typically as the NOC duties but most of these duties falls under "Design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment." Is it OK??

one more thing, I put NOC 2133 as the main job but NOC 4012 is in the application as well. If the Electrical engineer letter is not that good can I ask CIC to reconsider NOC 4012 as the main job in my application?? It is not easy at all to reissue a letter from my previous employer to update the job duties.

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
I have received the passport request last night. it worth noting that my medical results were sent to Ottawa on May,23rd
best of luck to all applicants

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
haithy said:
I have received the passport request last night. it worth noting that my medical results were sent to Ottawa on May,23rd
best of luck to all applicants
Congratulations... did you have the update on eCas stating that cic received your medical result? if yes, when was it posted?

Thanks

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
arian_arian said:
My MP today sent me this email. This is the response that CIC gave to my MP.

What do you guys think???

Hi XXX (My MP),

I heard back concerning this case – apparently the issue is that his job letter did not specify whether his work as a teaching and research assistant was performed in relation to or separate from his own studies:

“We note that many PhD students must perform research assistant duties in order to complete their studies. Many of them are paid for working on their own research needed to write their thesis, or to co-author journal articles (in some universities, PhD students must have 4 articles published in order to graduate). As such, it is often difficult for us to distinguish work done for studies as opposed to projects that are separate from studies”.

Is it possible to have Mr. XXX's (myself) role clarified by Dr. XXX (my supervisor) /is it possible to clarify for whom(s) he worked as a teaching/research assistant?

Don't hesitate to contact me with any further questions.

Many thanks,
I submitted my application about 1.5 month ago and my reference letter was saying that I have worked 40hrs/week. However, I am very concerned about my reference letter and I'd like to send them an updated letter to distinguish work done toward thesis/RA. Would you please let me know whether it is possible to send an updated reference letter? and how?

Thank you all so much.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
pyzdfr said:
I submitted my application about 1.5 month ago and my reference letter was saying that I have worked 40hrs/week. However, I am very concerned about my reference letter and I'd like to send them an updated letter to distinguish work done toward thesis/RA. Would you please let me know whether it is possible to send an updated reference letter? and how?

Thank you all so much.
Yes you can send an updated reference letter. If you received your file number already you can send your updated reference letter by mail or email to CPC-Ottawa quoting your file number and details. Make sure you have the word "assist" clearly mentioned in your letter. Also make sure to mention that this letter is in support of the earlier letter dated XX-XX-XXXX. It should be fine.