App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
My Ecas status has changed to "Decision Made".

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
PhdStream said:
Hello guys,

does CIC checks our credit history during the process??

I just borrowed some loan from the Bank. Will this be a problem .. I know I will pay this load within a months. FYI... I submitted the statements from another bank, which has and had, at the time of application, enough amount required for the PR under FSW-PhD category.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
phdsocialwork said:
We received Medical Exam request today. I could not believe seeing it on a Saturday morning. Yay!
Congrats! I got mine on Saturday too, I think it is generated automatically once you passed the eligibility.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Thank you guys! I wish you all the best.

I have a question for those who got an RCMP while they were outside Canda, Can I submit a police certificate issued by my home country to one of those fingerprints companies to get them degtized? I know they require it to be done on a non - criminal purposes form or C-216-C form, but how strict are they? My home country PCC has the same layout of the required fingerprints.

Thank you in advance!

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
N_O said:
Congrats! I just received mine as well as an RCMP request by the same officer :)
Congrats. That's indeed good news for you guys.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
I did exactly the same as you did. I hope they don't return mine (my second application is under the new 50 eligible occupations)

vasyok said:
Hi guys,

Congrats to everyone who has received great news recently!

I applied under PhD stream in October last year. To be on the safe side, I decided to submit another FSW application but under the eligible occupations stream this time. I sent a new application at the beginning of May 2014, but yesterday it was returned as incomplete. In the explanation letter CIO wrote that I did not provide them with evidence that I finished at least 2 years of studies towards a PhD. Simply put, they treated my application as a PhD stream application. I am confused why they did it because (a) I stated in the cover letter that I was applying under the eligible occupations stream, (b) I did not check the checkbox for a PhD letter on the checklist, and (c) I sent the package to the “eligible occupations stream” address. Is there any law that prohibits us (PhD students) from applying under other streams?

Do you know whether it is possible to appeal CIO's decision? It's very likely that the cap will be reached soon or has already been reached for my occupation, so I have to make them reconsider this returned application.

Thanks for any input.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Please update my status on the tracker:
medical request on May 27

Thanks.

zain22

May 22, 2014
hello guys,
how do i send the document requested? which works better, e-mail or mail?
and do you just reply to the same e-mail sender?
thanks

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
N_O said:
Congrats! I got mine on Saturday too, I think it is generated automatically once you passed the eligibility.
Congratulations guys!!!! :)

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
My MP today sent me this email. This is the response that CIC gave to my MP.

What do you guys think???

Hi XXX (My MP),

I heard back concerning this case – apparently the issue is that his job letter did not specify whether his work as a teaching and research assistant was performed in relation to or separate from his own studies:

“We note that many PhD students must perform research assistant duties in order to complete their studies. Many of them are paid for working on their own research needed to write their thesis, or to co-author journal articles (in some universities, PhD students must have 4 articles published in order to graduate). As such, it is often difficult for us to distinguish work done for studies as opposed to projects that are separate from studies”.

Is it possible to have Mr. XXX’s (myself) role clarified by Dr. XXX (my supervisor) /is it possible to clarify for whom(s) he worked as a teaching/research assistant?

Don’t hesitate to contact me with any further questions.

Many thanks,

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Guys, just to keep you updated. I am still waiting for my passport (sent on May, 22 2014). I just received my GCMS notes requested on May 06. My initial assessment by an Ottawa officer (RM**** officer) was to reject me :eek: :eek: ! my TA 2 years of experience from back home was not accepted (does not match NOC code), also my TA letters from here were not accepted, the officer just accepted my RA from here based on an updated RA letter that I sent one year ago. The updated letter did not actually add more work experience, it just qualified the original RA letter. No points were awarded for my Canadian born baby ! He initially awarded me 65 points only by mistake as he just assigned me 22 points for education while I deserve 25.

Fortunately, another officer (FA**** officer) reviewed my application few days later after that and figured out that mistake (education points mistake) and based on that he awarded me 68 instead of 65 and he wrote a note of that and he mentioned that he just need to request a proof of fund to make sure that I meet the minimum funds condition (still no points were awarded for the Canadian baby !).

I was really lucky that someone figured out that mistake and I am really more lucky that I was one of this incredibly useful forum members in which I got the chance to know about the issue of ref. letters update and how critical it is.

I am really so much thankful to everyone who shared his/her experience here and was part of this forum by any means.

IamApplicant

Apr 17, 2014
You have to order GCMS notes.

www .cic.gc.ca /english/ department/atip/requests-personal.asp

I used some spaces in the link so I could post it.

Henry.Nguyen said:
Hi IamApplicant,

How can you know how many points they gave you? I never received any info about the points I had.
Thanks,

IamApplicant

Apr 17, 2014
Hello all,

A quick question. My medical results have been received.

I want to renew my passport in the meanwhile because it's gonna expire in less than 6 months.
Should I inform CIC before renewing?

Thanks for your time.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
IamApplicant said:
Hello all,

A quick question. My medical results have been received.

I want to renew my passport in the meanwhile because it's gonna expire in less than 6 months.
Should I inform CIC before renewing?

Thanks for your time.
NO, read the section of "When contact CIC"

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
arian_arian said:
My MP today sent me this email. This is the response that CIC gave to my MP.

What do you guys think???

Hi XXX (My MP),

I heard back concerning this case – apparently the issue is that his job letter did not specify whether his work as a teaching and research assistant was performed in relation to or separate from his own studies:

“We note that many PhD students must perform research assistant duties in order to complete their studies. Many of them are paid for working on their own research needed to write their thesis, or to co-author journal articles (in some universities, PhD students must have 4 articles published in order to graduate). As such, it is often difficult for us to distinguish work done for studies as opposed to projects that are separate from studies”.

Is it possible to have Mr. XXX's (myself) role clarified by Dr. XXX (my supervisor) /is it possible to clarify for whom(s) he worked as a teaching/research assistant?

Don't hesitate to contact me with any further questions.

Many thanks,
That what I have presented here long time ago when this stream is initiated. Many people become angry on me and asked me to not post any more on this thread, "N_O and others". Yes, there is main issue for applicants under this stream. Simply, TA or RA that part of applicant's study should not be counted as experience even get paid for. That is simple. People should report actual hours that spent on any work or project that not related to their research topic and consequently and of this results should not be reported in his/her thesis. Any other definition and use of hours is misrepresentation.
This, also, support why CIC asked some people to send publication or study topic. They can compare if claimed work experience showed in their PhD topic.