+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that. Why you didn't get any adaptability points? I think they must give you 5 points for being in a PhD program for at least two years. Is that right?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
IamApplicant said:
Hello all,

As I promised before, I am updating you about my latest GCMS notes.

I did not get any adaptability points.
My home country work experience was rejected because it did not include main duties of the specified NOC code.
My PhD work experience as an RA was accepted.

P.S. I got RPRF request about a month ago.
Thanks for sharing this. So, how many points did they give you in total?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congratulations, guys :)

If you receive a request for RPRF, most likely you have passed eligibility, so you are deemed to have at least 67 points. Do not commit any crimes (the reason I bring this up because I do not just mean big crimes, but also crimes where nobody got hurt such as shoplifting or drinking and driving and blowing above 0.08) and you should all be PR soon :)

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hi IamApplicant,

How can you know how many points they gave you? I never received any info about the points I had.
Thanks,

IamApplicant said:
Education: 25
Experience: 17
Language: 16
---------------
total: 68

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Congrats to everyone who has received great news recently!

I applied under PhD stream in October last year. To be on the safe side, I decided to submit another FSW application but under the eligible occupations stream this time. I sent a new application at the beginning of May 2014, but yesterday it was returned as incomplete. In the explanation letter CIO wrote that I did not provide them with evidence that I finished at least 2 years of studies towards a PhD. Simply put, they treated my application as a PhD stream application. I am confused why they did it because (a) I stated in the cover letter that I was applying under the eligible occupations stream, (b) I did not check the checkbox for a PhD letter on the checklist, and (c) I sent the package to the “eligible occupations stream” address. Is there any law that prohibits us (PhD students) from applying under other streams?

Do you know whether it is possible to appeal CIO’s decision? It’s very likely that the cap will be reached soon or has already been reached for my occupation, so I have to make them reconsider this returned application.

Thanks for any input.

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
Guys, I got the medical test request. I had them in separate emails, within an hour! One step closer to PR! :D

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you write in the envelope the Category under which you were applying? The clearly stated that you must prominently write the category NOC number in the envelope you sent to Sidney.

Very sorry to hear that, I also sent my application and let's see what happens!!!!

vasyok said:
Hi guys,

Congrats to everyone who has received great news recently!

I applied under PhD stream in October last year. To be on the safe side, I decided to submit another FSW application but under the eligible occupations stream this time. I sent a new application at the beginning of May 2014, but yesterday it was returned as incomplete. In the explanation letter CIO wrote that I did not provide them with evidence that I finished at least 2 years of studies towards a PhD. Simply put, they treated my application as a PhD stream application. I am confused why they did it because (a) I stated in the cover letter that I was applying under the eligible occupations stream, (b) I did not check the checkbox for a PhD letter on the checklist, and (c) I sent the package to the “eligible occupations stream” address. Is there any law that prohibits us (PhD students) from applying under other streams?

Do you know whether it is possible to appeal CIO's decision? It's very likely that the cap will be reached soon or has already been reached for my occupation, so I have to make them reconsider this returned application.

Thanks for any input.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello guys,

does CIC checks our credit history during the process??

I just borrowed some loan from the Bank. Will this be a problem .. I know I will pay this load within a months. FYI... I submitted the statements from another bank, which has and had, at the time of application, enough amount required for the PR under FSW-PhD category.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I did. Did you write any cover letter saying that your new application is under the eligible occupations stream and not under the phd stream?

pepe84 said:
Did you write in the envelope the Category under which you were applying? The clearly stated that you must prominently write the category NOC number in the envelope you sent to Sidney.

Very sorry to hear that, I also sent my application and let's see what happens!!!!

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent mine under the PhD stream, not under the eligible occupations. But as far as I know, they are becoming very aggressive with the PhD stream. I wouldn't be surprise if they reject my application for a simple mistake.

vasyok said:
Yes, I did. Did you write any cover letter saying that your new application is under the eligible occupations stream and not under the phd stream?