CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
Anna2013 said:
That is indeed exciting! Congratulations!
Thank you!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
N_O said:
Wow! I think that you are the first one who appealed to the federal court in the PhD stream, congratulations!
Waiting to hear the details :)
I am not actually the first one, someone before me did this and it went through successfully, All I did was to prepare the application in the Federal court and cite that case. In my case, before the final stage, I got a settlement offer from the Justice department in the Immigration to discontinue my application in exchange of reviewing my application by another officer!!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
cdhbamboo said:
Congratulations! A really good news, which makes our suspicion of the validity of updated reference letters released!

CIC should pay you the legal expenses of your appeal, did they?
Thank you, I only paid 50$ for an application in Federal court.I did not have any lawyer, I decided to do all the procedure by myself, so that 50$ was all I paid, and they did not pay anything back!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
The_Prince said:
VERRRRY BIG CONGRATS !

U r the first to do it in this stream as far as I know
Thank you, but I am not the first one the PhD stream, someone did it before me!

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell us details about how you prepared the application? I thought of going to court as well, but the process seemed so heavy (and fact is I had chosen the wrong NOC code so my chances were low) that I dropped the idea.
It would be great if you could tell us how long it took you to get this ready, what kind of documents you provided, etc etc...And how easy (or not) it was to be in court and explain your case.

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
Dani1982 said:
A very big congratulations to you.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Dani1982 said:
I am not actually the first one, someone before me did this and it went through successfully, All I did was to prepare the application in the Federal court and cite that case. In my case, before the final stage, I got a settlement offer from the Justice department in the Immigration to discontinue my application in exchange of reviewing my application by another officer!!
Wonderful!!!!! big Congratulations!
So, what happened next? did you accept the settlement offer and your application was reviewed by another officer?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Dani1982 said:
After fighting back against the unfair decision in the Federal court for about 7 months, Finally I got my medical today!
THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

Congratulations!

Can you please let us know what was the exact reason for your rejection?

I have recently been rejected due to "lead statement" in the ref letter and I'm thinking of appealing.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Dani1982 said:
You deserve it Dani! I still remember that your updated reference letter had the leading statement explicitly, but they refused your application for not matching the duties in the leading statement. I think you send them an email to ask whether the considered your updated letter or not, what was their response?

BTW: Who was the first one to appeal?

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dani, congratulations! you are amazing by appealing and doing it by yourself!

Hi N_O, I think it is also time to change the spreadsheet of Dani.

N_O said:
You deserve it Dani! I still remember that your updated reference letter had the leading statement explicitly, but they refused your application for not matching the duties in the leading statement. I think you send them an email to ask whether the considered your updated letter or not, what was their response?

BTW: Who was the first one to appeal?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
mike5182 said:
Hi Dani, congratulations! you are amazing by appealing and doing it by yourself!

Hi N_O, I think it is also time to change the spreadsheet of Dani.
I did! Dani has 2 rejected applications, he appealed for the second.

May 20, 2014
sgtrigger said:
We showed well above the minimum amount....but they still asked...i guess it just depends on their mood while seeing your application...;-P

with regards to updating...i had updated my POF 8 months after applying but they still asked for it again before sending me medical request...so whether you update it before or not...they can still ask for it...
Good to know. Thanks

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Dani1982 said:
Congratulations dani. You did it. Very relieving news.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
Thank you guys!

Here is my story, after my rejection I tried several times to contact CPC-Ottawa to review my case, I tried to convince them that my research assistant work experience letter clearly stated the lead statement as well as the related duties, but I never got any response. Then I tried the MP and asked him to send a letter to Ottawa and ask for a clarification on my application. In response, FA01772 came up with the same reasoning as the refusal email. In February, I suddenly ran into a case in the Federal court with the similar refusal reason ( listed duties that do not match the actions of the lead statement for research assistant work experience ), then I decided to pursue my case in the Federal court. During the preparation, I talked to 2 lawyers and both of them told me that I can not do anything in the court and it is better to reapply. They also said that even if I can quash the officer's decision, there is no guarantee that they granted me the PR visa, they can easily reject me again for another valid reason. But I decided to do this anyway and file a leave and Judicial review application in the Federal court. There are several steps involved in filing a judicial review application in the Federal court, one stage before the hearing, the justice department at the Immigration office decided to settle a deal with me outside the court. The problem with my application was the delay, if you want to file a judicial review application in the federal court, you have to do it within 2 weeks of the refusal decision. Otherwise, you have to file the application with extension of time and justify why you are late(which is really hard)

Generally this is a time consuming procedure if you want to do it by you own. If you decide to hire a lawyer, you have to spend 5000-10000$. You have to be very careful and only if you are 100% sure that the officer erred in law and make a wrong decision, you can think about the federal court. The best way to be sure is to find a similar case. Canadian legal system is common law, it means that the judges's decision are treated like a written law, so you can cite them in your case. All of the previous cases in the Federal Court are either on-line or you can order them at the Federal court's registry office in your town. Here are some useful links in case you need:

http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/en/d/s/index.do?col=54
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/ApplicationIMM
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Rules#guides
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Practice_Guide_Immigration

you can search some keywords in the previous decisions to find the similar cases. The whole process will take about 10-12 months and at the best, you can only quashed the officer's decision and return your application back to the visa office to review by another visa officer.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
ASG said:
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell us details about how you prepared the application? I thought of going to court as well, but the process seemed so heavy (and fact is I had chosen the wrong NOC code so my chances were low) that I dropped the idea.
It would be great if you could tell us how long it took you to get this ready, what kind of documents you provided, etc etc...And how easy (or not) it was to be in court and explain your case.
I am not sure about having a wrong NOC code!! but usually if "you" make a mistake, your chances in the Federal court is low. you can also search through the links that I provided for similar cases