waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Jun zheng said:
unfortunately, CIC did not return my application packages. Do you know how long it takes to get the it? i was rejected this Monday. I do not have the previous IELTS even a copy now.
If Sydney rejected you it may take a couple weeks to a couple of months to get it back. If it was rejected by a visa office (say, Ottawa) then you won't get it back, but you will have a UCI and an application number

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
climate_modeller said:
If Sydney rejected you it may take a couple weeks to a couple of months to get it back. If it was rejected by a visa office (say, Ottawa) then you won't get it back, but you will have a UCI and an application number
mine was rejected by Ottawa. So how should I do with my IELTS? Thanks

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Jun zheng said:
unfortunately, CIC did not return my application packages. Do you know how long it takes to get the it? i was rejected this Monday. I do not have the previous IELTS even a copy now.
They do not return your application package if you are rejected by Ottawa. You only need to include the copy of your IELTS in your new application and mention that the original is with CIC.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
I copied my ref letter from a friend of mine who got accepted about a year ago! They are almost the same!

Do you guys think if it is a good idea to send CIC an email mentioning that why my firend with the same letter has been approved but not mine?

Thanks a lot,

My letter:

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time graduate student enrolled in Ph.D. program in the Department of XXX at the University of XXX. He has started his program winter 2011 under my supervision and has been employed as a research assistant and as a teaching assistant during semesters.

Mr. XXX commenced his employment with The University of XXX as a graduate research and teaching assistant on January 10, 2011. Since then, his total working hours and annual incomes are as follows.

From January 2011 to January 2013, his total working hours was 40 hours per week and his total annual earning was $XXX per year.

From January 2013 to March 2014, his total working hours has been 20 hours per week and his total annual earning is $XXX per year.

In addition, He received XXX graduate Fellowship in 2012 with the value of $XXX due to his outstanding academic record.

As a Teaching Assistant, Mr. XXX organizes the materials as required by university professors for laboratory sessions. He also conducts laboratory sessions to supplement lectures. In addition, he answers student's questions about the materials of the course during office hours. Assistance in the preparation and administration of examinations, grading quizzes and laboratory reports, and record keeping are also part of his duties.

As a research assistant, Mr. XXX conducts literature reviews, surveys, computer simulations and analytical analysis. In addition, he compiles research results and assists in the preparations of journal articles as well as conference papers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information,

Sincerely,

My Friend's letter: (He put salary and hours in another letter from payroll service)

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time graduate student enrolled in PhD program in the Department of XXX at the University of XXX. He has started his program Fall 2009 under my supervision and has been continuously employed as a Research Assistant and as a Teaching Assistant during semesters.

As a Teaching Assistant, Mr. XXX organizes reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors for lectures. He also conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures. Assistance in the preparation and administration of examinations, grading term papers and laboratory reports, and record keeping are also part of his duties.

As a Research Assistant, Mr. XXX conducts literature reviews, surveys and laboratory experiments. In addition, he designs new experimental equipment and carries out experiments, and analyzes the results. Finally, Mr. XXX assists in the preparation of progress reports, journal articles or papers as well as conference and sponsor presentations.

Sincerely,

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
arian_arian said:
I copied my ref letter from a friend of mine who got accepted about a year ago! They are almost the same!

Do you guys think if it is a good idea to send CIC an email mentioning that why my firend with the same letter has been approved but not mine?

Thanks a lot,

My letter:

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time graduate student enrolled in Ph.D. program in the Department of XXX at the University of XXX. He has started his program winter 2011 under my supervision and has been employed as a research assistant and as a teaching assistant during semesters.

Mr. XXX commenced his employment with The University of XXX as a graduate research and teaching assistant on January 10, 2011. Since then, his total working hours and annual incomes are as follows.

From January 2011 to January 2013, his total working hours was 40 hours per week and his total annual earning was $XXX per year.

From January 2013 to March 2014, his total working hours has been 20 hours per week and his total annual earning is $XXX per year.

In addition, He received XXX graduate Fellowship in 2012 with the value of $XXX due to his outstanding academic record.

As a Teaching Assistant, Mr. XXX organizes the materials as required by university professors for laboratory sessions. He also conducts laboratory sessions to supplement lectures. In addition, he answers student's questions about the materials of the course during office hours. Assistance in the preparation and administration of examinations, grading quizzes and laboratory reports, and record keeping are also part of his duties.

As a research assistant, Mr. XXX conducts literature reviews, surveys, computer simulations and analytical analysis. In addition, he compiles research results and assists in the preparations of journal articles as well as conference papers.

Sincerely,

My Friend's letter: (He put salary and hours in another letter from payroll service)

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a full-time graduate student enrolled in PhD program in the Department of XXX at the University of XXX. He has started his program Fall 2009 under my supervision and has been continuously employed as a Research Assistant and as a Teaching Assistant during semesters.

As a Teaching Assistant, Mr. XXX organizes reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors for lectures. He also conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures. Assistance in the preparation and administration of examinations, grading term papers and laboratory reports, and record keeping are also part of his duties.

As a Research Assistant, Mr. XXX conducts literature reviews, surveys and laboratory experiments. In addition, he designs new experimental equipment and carries out experiments, and analyzes the results. Finally, Mr. XXX assists in the preparation of progress reports, journal articles or papers as well as conference and sponsor presentations.

Sincerely,
Hi, I do not think this is a good idea, unless both of you worked for the same supervisor, in which case you may be able to justify having access to your friend's letter which should have been confidentially generated by his own supervisor. I guess the lesson here is that there is really no foolproof way, a lot of other factors may go into why each person is accepted or rejected.
This is my submission, I do not know what the senior people on the forum may have to say....

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
canadian-13 said:
Hi, I do not think this is a good idea, unless both of you worked for the same supervisor, in which case you may be able to justify having access to your friend's letter which should have been confidentially generated by his own supervisor. I guess the lesson here is that there is really no foolproof way, a lot of other factors may go into why each person is accepted or rejected.
This is my submission, I do not know what the senior people on the forum may have to say....
I have to agree with you. For one to claim to have copied another's letter opens up a whole bag of worms, ... which may effect *ever* getting permanent residency.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your IELTS was taken within the past two years, you can send an photocopy and an explanation letter with your application. Here is my explanation letter:

Explanation Letter for the Copy of IELTS
Dear Madam/Sir,

My first application was refused due to the incomplete description of my duties and responsibilities of Research Assistant Reference Letter, so CIC retained and currently holds the original. It will be expired in December 2013.
The following paper is the refusal letter I printed from my email.

Regards,

xxx

Jun zheng said:
mine was rejected by Ottawa. So how should I do with my IELTS? Thanks

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
climate_modeller said:
I have to agree with you. For one to claim to have copied another's letter opens up a whole bag of worms, ... which may effect *ever* getting permanent residency.
I agree with you too, but this case shows how much they are picky at this point! Also a year ago it was enough to have the word assist in the duties to prove the PA worked as a TA/RA, currently it should be so explicit from the very beginning.

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
mike5182 said:
If your IELTS was taken within the past two years, you can send an photocopy and an explanation letter with your application. Here is my explanation letter:

Explanation Letter for the Copy of IELTS
Dear Madam/Sir,

My first application was refused due to the incomplete description of my duties and responsibilities of Research Assistant Reference Letter, so CIC retained and currently holds the original. It will be expired in December 2013.
The following paper is the refusal letter I printed from my email.

Regards,

xxx
hello. Thanks for your suggestions. The question is that I did not keep a copy of my IELTS report, that means now I do not have anything about my IELTS. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Jun zheng said:
hello. Thanks for your suggestions. The question is that I did not keep a copy of my IELTS report, that means now I do not have anything about my IELTS. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
Call the IELTS testing center and ask them to issue a new report, you have to pay a fee but I am not sure how much.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
arian_arian said:

Thanks a lot,

My letter:

Sincerely,

Sincerely,
I think that your letter is not the same as your friend's. Your friend assists also in another activity which is preparation of progress reports. I think leading statement " assist professors in research activities" means that you assist in at least two activities. We never had a case of rejection in this forum for people who mentioned in their letter that they assist in both data analysis and preparation of papers or at least two activities. But we had a case of rejection which only mentioned assisting in data analysis in his letter.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should learn to think by yourself. There are a lot of information online, you can use google to search it. There is information about how to order new IELTS in the official website.

Jun zheng said:

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Parkinson said:
I think that your letter is not the same as your friend's. Your friend assists also in another activity which is preparation of progress reports. I think leading statement " assist professors in research activities" means that you assist in at least two activities. We never had a case of rejection in this forum for people who mentioned in their letter that they assist in both data analysis and preparation of papers or at least two activities. But we had a case of rejection which only mentioned assisting in data analysis in his letter.
OH MY GOD! That is absolutely unbelievable! :eek:

This ref letter under NOC 4012 is getting more and more complicated! :D

I can NOT believe this is Canada!

They must accept this work experience for all full-time PhD students even without showing any ref letter. Do we have any full-time PhD student without doing RA?!!!

The whole thing just does NOT make any sense! :-X

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
arian_arian said:
OH MY GOD! That is absolutely unbelievable! :eek:

This ref letter under NOC 4012 is getting more and more complicated! :D

I can NOT believe this is Canada!

They must accept this work experience for all full-time PhD students even without showing any ref letter. Do we have any full-time PhD student without doing RA?!!!

The whole thing just does NOT make any sense! :-X
I agree with you. I think that they just use these methods (I mean finding a hole in your letter) to legally reject any application they don't like. If you appeal, they probably say that you just assisted in one activity not "activities".

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Parkinson said:
I agree with you. They just use this method to legally reject any application they don't like. If you appeal, they probably say that you just assisted in one activity not "activities".
I am so confused with this justification (and the one you made earlier)! Do you really believe that the rejection is legit because the applicant has assisted "in only one activity" and if there were two activities s/he would not have been rejected?

Are you saying that if your letter has a single activity for any "plural thing" in a particular NOC, then it means that you are not skilled in that occupation? For example, NOC 4011 says "Univ profs and lecturers teach courses... ". So if you teach only one course at a university, then this makes you NOT a university professor or lecturer?