+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

SKMAN

Feb 17, 2014
sgtrigger said:
But shouldnt they actually be eligible since it is mentioned in the OP6B manual for applications after June 2010...page 32...sorry I have the file but cant figure out how to attach it....if someone has the link please post it....i remember i had got it from this forum only....

b) Previous study in Canada:
Award five points if the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law partner completed a program of full-time study of at least two years' duration at a post-secondary institution in Canada, if this occurred after the age of seventeen and with valid study permits.

(The person is not required to have obtained an educational credential for these two years of study in Canada to earn the points, but simply to have completed at least two years of study.)

Giving the 5 adaptability points also depends on how you have filled out the "Schedule 3 form". If you have checked it off on the form that you have completed a program of study of at least 2 years, you can be eligible for the 5 points, otherwise the officer cannot give it to you.

You can always send a new "schedule 3" form to update the information on that before the decision is made.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
I applied for PR on Feb 2013 and my case is still in process.

If I submit an arranged employment letter now, will they give me the points for that?!

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Can anyone please tell me what is the point for this IELTS score?

English - Speak: 6.5
English - Listen: 8
English - Read: 7
English - Write: 7.5

Thanks in advance,

hamza.625

May 4, 2012
Hello,

I did not submit police certificates with my application (I did not have them). I've received PER few days back.

I have my police certificates in hand now. In which address do I send them?

PLS HELP.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
afrah2014 said:
Good news i will get rejected very soon
We have discussed this point too much, indeed many applicants were rejected because the needed those points. You can update your reference letter to claim one more year of experience so you can get at least 2 extra points, they do accept any experience gained between the time of the submission and the time of the final decision.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hamza.625 said:
Hello,

I did not submit police certificates with my application (I did not have them). I've received PER few days back.

I have my police certificates in hand now. In which address do I send them?

PLS HELP.

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nasim2 said:
thanks for your information.
do you know if we can show job offer I mean if we have arranged employment.
or we cannot as a phd student.
Here is a link to this topic, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/arranged-employment.asp

Btw, if you have experience in one of those required jobs under the new capacity of FSW, my advice is to apply using that stream not the PhD stream again, those who applied after May 4th under those required jobs got their medical request within 3-6 months!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
sgtrigger said:
But shouldnt they actually be eligible since it is mentioned in the OP6B manual for applications after June 2010...page 32...sorry I have the file but cant figure out how to attach it....if someone has the link please post it....i remember i had got it from this forum only....

b) Previous study in Canada:
Award five points if the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law partner completed a program of full-time study of at least two years' duration at a post-secondary institution in Canada, if this occurred after the age of seventeen and with valid study permits.

(The person is not required to have obtained an educational credential for these two years of study in Canada to earn the points, but simply to have completed at least two years of study.)
No! It must be completed and it was at least 2 years program. This is the explanation of the sentence.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arian_arian said:
I applied for PR on Feb 2013 and my case is still in process.

If I submit an arranged employment letter now, will they give me the points for that?!
Read section 11.5: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf.
Arranged employment points are only awarded for occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill
Level A or B of the NOC. If employment is arranged and the required documentation submitted
between application and assessment, officers will award the points for arranged employment.
Also the the job offer should be for permanent, full-time, non-seasonal work.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arian_arian said:
Can anyone please tell me what is the point for this IELTS score?

English - Speak: 6.5
English - Listen: 8
English - Read: 7
English - Write: 7.5

Thanks in advance,
I think 16 points, you should find that out in your GCMS notes. How many points did Sydney award you?
Would you please share your timeline with us?

Good Luck!

nadbp

Feb 6, 2014
My application is returned. I plan to submit it again, with some additional documents. The old documents returned to me all have a small hole at the top left corner. What does that mean? Can I reuse these old documents with a hole? Well, it takes time to get new copies of documents like ielts report and birth certification.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
nadbp said:
My application is returned. I plan to submit it again, with some additional documents. The old documents returned to me all have a small hole at the top left corner. What does that mean? Can I reuse these old documents with a hole? Well, it takes time to get new copies of documents like ielts report and birth certification.
First time I applied was in Sep. 2012. I got my application returned at that time (CAP reached), however I used many of the returned documents in the new application I submitted in Dec. 2012 including the English test report, I did not have that hole in the papers, but I don't think it matters. Anyways, just make sure that they have not changed or updated any of the application forms. I would also advice u to update any documents that could be easily updated as well as to revise and update information in your application. I would also advice u to use a cover letter with your application that clarifies any issue with your documents such as not being very up-to-date. Good luck :)

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
N_O said:
Here is a link to this topic, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/arranged-employment.asp

Btw, if you have experience in one of those required jobs under the new capacity of FSW, my advice is to apply using that stream not the PhD stream again, those who applied after May 4th under those required jobs got their medical request within 3-6 months!
I mean, can we apply for phd stream with job offer?
because it seems to be two different category?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nasim2 said:
I mean, can we apply for phd stream with job offer?
because it seems to be two different category?
Yes, you can. You'll be awarded 10 points for that, but your job offer should be for permanent, full-time, non-seasonal work.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
N_O said:
Yes, you can. You'll be awarded 10 points for that, but your job offer should be for permanent, full-time, non-seasonal work.
And I guess ten extra points for adaptability.