14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
I sent them several inquiries in the past month, and every time they said that they are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to finalizing the application.
Then what would be a hypothesis for such a big difference between my friend's case and others?
One possibility is depending on their findings in a background check, they may want to go deeper and do additional background checking!

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
mapleisland said:
Dear all,

I applied on Dec 2012, just got reject email today for only have 66 point instead of 67+. They only give me 1 year and 7 months working experience, 0 point for adaptability. I actually have more than 3 years working experience including RA, TA. Will it work if I make the employment letter for other working experience better to make them accept more working experience? Also, I'm under back check procedure, hopefully I can get offer letter very soon, in this case, will it be possible to claim the 10 points for assigned employment?

Please help to suggest some solutions, also the procedures and contacts. I'm at Toronto right now, and my PhD is from McGill.

Thanks a lot!
Please help on my issue, I'd like to try best to see if there are still some chance to get accepted. Thanks a lot.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
mapleisland said:
Please help on my issue, I'd like to try best to see if there are still some chance to get accepted. Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately, that is impossible! Their decision is final unless they made a mistake then you can appeal.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

could you let me know what are the exact steps when ordering GCMS notes (which box I should select)?
I received a hard copy on a CD, but without notes...
I honestly have no idea what I did wrong to receive this instead of the actual notes. My request was under the privacy act...

Thanks a lot!!!!

Mar 20, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been reading another forum for FSW after May4th. It has around 5,000 posts. I am amazed that people from other countries applied for new FSW program (after May 4th, 2013) and they already got their PR. Almost all of the May, and June 2013 applicants have received their PR. Most of July applicants and August received their MR. There are few that got MR although they applied in October, November and even December 2013. Those that applied through CCP-O (even January 2014 applicants) got MR and PR.

I've found this ridiculously unfair that those that applied through PhD category in January 2013 have not received any feedback while CCP-O is still rejecting people for work experience letter, prof of financial means etc. I have not seen a single one from that forum mentioning that they had problem with their work experience letter, and POF. It's hard to believe that they all submitted perfect work experience letter. I don't know how to explain this situation.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
PhD_FSW_Applicant said:
Hi everyone,

I have been reading another forum for FSW after May4th. It has around 5,000 posts. I am amazed that people from other countries applied for new FSW program (after May 4th, 2013) and they already got their PR. Almost all of the May, and June 2013 applicants have received their PR. Most of July applicants and August received their MR. There are few that got MR although they applied in October, November and even December 2013. Those that applied through CCP-O even January 2014 applicants got MR and PR.

I've found this ridiculously unfair that those that applied through PhD category in January 2013 have not received any feedback while CCP-O is still rejecting people for work experience letter, prof of financial means etc. I have not seen a single one from that forum mentioning that they had problem with their work experience letter, and POF. It's hard to believe that they all submitted perfect work experience letter. I don't know how to explain this situation.
ٍSimply, they are not interested in PhD applicants! Canada needs Engineers, Nurses, technicians...etc.

Mar 20, 2014
N_O said:
ٍSimply, they are not interested in PhD applicants! Canada needs Engineers, Nurses, technicians...etc.
You are right. That's why many of my friends that they just graduated from their PhD are moving to the US. What bothers me is to see people that applied to CCP-O on January 2014 or December 2013 and they got their MR pr PR and December 2013 applicants in PhD category still get rejected for stupid reasons.

Mar 20, 2014
aidina said:
I have been waiting for it for longer than 2 years now man, and I cannot still imagine any end for it!
I have been here since Jan-2009 and I applied for PR through PhD category in Feb 2012 and got rejected due to work experience letter. I didn't re-apply and will not. I am moving to US in October. It's insane how the conservative government doesn't appreciate research and high education. I have at least 30 journal articles and have been working as an instructor here for three years now. Anyways, don't wanna be negative but this is disappointing.

I hope you get your PR soon :)

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
ASG said:
Hi everyone,

could you let me know what are the exact steps when ordering GCMS notes (which box I should select)?
I received a hard copy on a CD, but without notes...
I honestly have no idea what I did wrong to receive this instead of the actual notes. My request was under the privacy act...

Thanks a lot!!!!
I think you asked for physical files....thats usually a set of whatever you submitted to them...ask for electronic files...also next to every question, there is a question mark which gives information about that question and the options in it...youll find it easy once you see that...

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
mapleisland said:
Dear all,

I got a bad news, receiving reject email today for only have 66 point instead of 67+. They only give me 1 year and 7 months working experience, 0 point for adaptability. I actually have more than 3 years working experience including RA, TA. Will it work if I make the employment letter for other working experience better to make them accept more working experience? Also, I'm under back check procedure, hopefully I can get offer letter very soon, in this case, will it be possible to claim the 10 points for assigned employment?

Please help to suggest some solutions, also the procedures and contacts. I'm at Toronto right now, and my PhD is from McGill.

Thanks a lot!
sorry to hear that...you cant do anything unless they have made an error...If you feel that they have not seen your previous work experience then you can email them and check....otherwise wait till you get a permanent job as you said and then apply...
once you get a job...check if you can apply under any other stream as well like provincial nominee....those are much faster...

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgtrigger said:
I think you asked for physical files....thats usually a set of whatever you submitted to them...ask for electronic files...also next to every question, there is a question mark which gives information about that question and the options in it...youll find it easy once you see that...
Ok, I went through the process again, and I got it.
I must have indeed selected Physical file instead of Notes in the file.
Thanks!

phdtravel

Mar 20, 2014
Hi PhD_FSW_Applicant,
I completely agree with your moves. It's simply just not worth our time, energy and money if someone does not evaluate our academic excellence. There is life beyond canada immigration. Like you, I think my application will be rejected for some stupid ref letter reasons. I feel really sad when I see so many depressed people in this forum. I am not very optimistic about my case either and looking for alternate destination like usa even before I get rejected. I am greatly encouraged by your stance: "I didn't re-apply and will not. I am moving to US in October." In my book, this should be an example.

After completing phd, I am thinking of trying usa for post-doc research or industry jobs in my research area. What option did you choose in your case? Can you please give me some idea how I can go about the usa visa process after I get a job or post-doc offer? If you found out any useful link or forum about usa visa, plz provide. Sorry, I might be asking too many questions, :-[. At the least, feel free to share your own experience. You may send me a personal reply. I tried to send you one but could not find the way. Thanks in advance, cheers!

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Hello everyone,

I received GCMS notes today and I have a few questions:

>>What does the due date mean? Is it like a target date to close my file?

>>I didn't get points for spouse education, even though my spouse is also a PhD student in Canada and has completed more than 2 years of study...
I read somewhere that I was supposed to get points for that. However I applied before May 4, 2013. Was the rule different at that time?

Thanks!!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hello everyone,

I received GCMS notes today and I have a few questions:

>>What does the due date mean? Is it like a target date to close my file?

>>I didn't get points for spouse education, even though my spouse is also a PhD student in Canada and has completed more than 2 years of study...
I read somewhere that I was supposed to get points for that. However I applied before May 4, 2013. Was the rule different at that time?

Thanks!!
That is right, unless they rescheduled it again! Did you find a due date in you GCMS notes?
I didn't get any adaptability points for spouse's education and my Canadian child! Let's hope that Ottawa will award us those points.