+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Aidina,
I've got a question for you. It's really interesting and strange why your case has been taking so long!
Do you have any guess on what is taking so long in your application? Some sort of background checking etc. ?

It just does not make sense compared to others.
Yes, unfortunately, mine has taken a long time. However, I am not alone in this forum. If you take a look at the tracker, there are a few Iranian couples who waited a long time before getting their visa like Mehroonir who waited 237 days, or AF_ who waited 245 days. Marmar20 has waited 261 days and Samira sokn 354 days, and still have not heard from Ottawa. What is certain it takes much longer for couples than single applicants, but why, I have no idea. We already passed our Criminality several month ago according to our CAIPS. Those guys are doing their job for sure, but we have got tired. I hope we hear from Ottawa soon.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
Yes, unfortunately, mine has taken a long time. However, I am not alone in this forum. If you take a look at the tracker, there are a few Iranian couples who waited a long time before getting their visa like Mehroonir who waited 237 days, or AF_ who waited 245 days. Marmar20 has waited 261 days and Samira sokn 354 days, and still have not heard from Ottawa. What is certain it takes much longer for couples than single applicants, but why, I have no idea. We already passed our Criminality several month ago according to our CAIPS. Those guys are doing their job for sure, but we have got tired. I hope we hear from Ottawa soon.

Yeah I see. Being a couple should not make a big difference cuz all they need to do is running the same checking stuff same time they did for a principal applicant. Strangely it is not the case here.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yeah I see. Being a couple should not make a big difference cuz all they need to do is running the same checking stuff same time they did for a principal applicant. Strangely it is not the case here.
Who knows what is happening!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
afrah2014 said:
Yes, i got my PER on March /14/2013... I was able to check my status until yesterday
Don't worry! It happens always, few days and you'll be able to check it again.

Would you like to share your timeline with us?

Good luck!

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
If they accept your employment then 2 year part-time (continuous) will be counted as 1 year full time. *Continuous* is very important.

nadbp said:
Does part-time working experience count for the adaptability points? The criteria says "at least one year of full-time work" not mentioning "or the equivalent amount in part time work"

nadbp

Feb 6, 2014
So you mean if they accept my part-time working experience, they will also give me the 10 adaptability points? I ask so because different from the working section, in the adaptability section they do not say part-time is also OK.

aalm said:
If they accept your employment then 2 year part-time (continuous) will be counted as 1 year full time. *Continuous* is very important.

engineer2012

Aug 8, 2013
ryan_glory said:
Congrats buddy. It took you 5 months to get pass request which is the average for Iranian I guess. I hope you have a soft landing as it is the last step of this looong journey.
Thanks, hope you hear good news from CIC soon.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
My guess, and all it really is is a guess, .... is that couples take a lot longer because results (criminality, security, etc.) for the PA need to be returned before anything starts for the spouse. That way if something does come up in the PA's results, the Immigration office is not wasting money paying for unnecessary checks for the dependent.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Oh Sorry, I misunderstood. For adaptability, that one is 1 year full time.

nadbp said:
So you mean if they accept my part-time working experience, they will also give me the 10 adaptability points? I ask so because different from the working section, in the adaptability section they do not say part-time is also OK.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Hi,

I am applying under PhD stream, sent my documents on 8 JAN 2014. It is almost a month and a week and I have not heard any thing from Sydney! My credit card is not charged, yet! No news :( :( Can some body help me what should I do now? Is there any possibility to contact Sydney and ask them? I have not sent them my police certificate though, but I mentioned in my application I will send that as soon as it will get ready!

fionaym

Feb 17, 2014
Saph said:
Hi,

I am applying under PhD stream, sent my documents on 8 JAN 2014. It is almost a month and a week and I have not heard any thing from Sydney! My credit card is not charged, yet! No news :( :( Can some body help me what should I do now? Is there any possibility to contact Sydney and ask them? I have not sent them my police certificate though, but I mentioned in my application I will send that as soon as it will get ready!

You should soon get a confirmation letter to notify you that they are processing your application.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
fionaym said:
You should soon get a confirmation letter to notify you that they are processing your application.

Hi,

I have another question. I started my master degree on September 2009, and transferred to PhD on January 2014, since my research was going well. So I am studying in Canada since September 2009, but I have not gotten any degree yet, directly receive my PhD. Do you have any idea what will happen to my adaptability point in this case?

fionaym

Feb 17, 2014
Saph said:
Hi,

I have another question. I started my master degree on September 2009, and transferred to PhD on January 2014, since my research was going well. So I am studying in Canada since September 2009, but I have not gotten any degree yet, directly receive my PhD. Do you have any idea what will happen to my adaptability point in this case?
I think in your case you are not eligible for PHD stream now. Sorry I am not familiar with the rules regarding Master's Degree.

afrah2014

Feb 3, 2014
N_O said:
Don't worry! It happens always, few days and you'll be able to check it again.

Would you like to share your timeline with us?

Good luck!
thanks a lot for reply and best luck for you too
Application reached CIO 18-Feb-13
PRF CASHED March 5, 2013
PER issued March 14, 2013
doc requested October 2, 2013