+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Hello guys,

I submitted my application on September 12, 2013 and the money order is deposited on Dec 4. However I haven't gotten any email from the CIC so far. I am able to login to the CIC website to check my application status using my UCI number since Dec 9, but I have not the application number. Is that normal that I haven't gotten any email (application number) from the CIC so far?
This is the only message in the CIC website when I check my application status:

In Process: We received your application for permanent residence on September 13, 2013.

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
N_O said:
You're welcome!
Would you like to share your timeline with us? If yes, post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas, and kind of work XP.
Application reached CIO- Oct 8
Credit card encashed- 6 dec
PER- 19 dec
Russian
number of person- 1
Work experience- RA and TA

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
vivi said:
Hello guys,

I submitted my application on September 12, 2013 and the money order is deposited on Dec 4. However I haven't gotten any email from the CIC so far. I am able to login to the CIC website to check my application status using my UCI number since Dec 9, but I have not the application number. Is that normal that I haven't gotten any email (application number) from the CIC so far?

In Process: We received your application for permanent residence on September 13, 2013.
Hopefully, you'll get the PER very soon!

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
Hey all,

Happy New year, Hope in this coming year we will hear a lot of good news :)

I am reposting my question again, as I tried to find those who applied from Quebec for PhD stream. As far as I know, maytheflower, nima2000, kiwignd are applied from Quebec and they were asked about their proof of intention to live outside Qc after their studies. Could you please let us know what kind of documents have you sent them as a proof ?

Recently, maytheflower, has posted a very good news that CIC accepted his/her documents. I am just wondering how can I contact him/her to get some information on this behalf !!!

It would be a really great help if these guys can share their information with us who applied from Quebec.

Thanks

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
vivi said:
Hello guys,

I received the email a couple days after they withdrew the money from my credit card but I also heard cases that there are couple weeks in between. Have you tried to call CIC? They might be able to tell you on the phone.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
That would be exactly my question too :)

aysuda said:
Hey all,

Happy New year, Hope in this coming year we will hear a lot of good news :)

I am reposting my question again, as I tried to find those who applied from Quebec for PhD stream. As far as I know, maytheflower, nima2000, kiwignd are applied from Quebec and they were asked about their proof of intention to live outside Qc after their studies. Could you please let us know what kind of documents have you sent them as a proof ?

Recently, maytheflower, has posted a very good news that CIC accepted his/her documents. I am just wondering how can I contact him/her to get some information on this behalf !!!

It would be a really great help if these guys can share their information with us who applied from Quebec.

Thanks

cindyxinxin

Sep 3, 2013
Hey Guys,

I have some questions about common-law partners and relatives in Canada. Thanks for any help in advance!

1. What is the definition of "accompanying" common-law partner?
I have a common-law partner who is already PR (I know I can apply sponsorship using that but I think PhD stream is more reliable somehow, please correct me if I am wrong). He is, of course, not applying PR with me together, so I assume he is my common-law partner but is not my "accompanying" common-law partner? Or since is he currently in Canada, he is also my "accompanying" common-law partner? This is very confusing.

2. About the proof of relatives in Canada. My aunt is a Canadian citizen, but her husband deals with everything. So she does not even have bank accounts or cell phone, nor does she pay for bills, etc. She gave me her most recent tax bill for her house (the house is under her name). Does any one know whether that will work?

eammar

May 11, 2013
Hi,

I have a small piece of information, it may help any one.

I applied for the FSW3 in Sepetember 2013 and got PER 3 weeks ago, but I did not register 6 semesters as a PhD student, I registered only 4 semesters (Fall and winter terms for two years, no summers).

CIC need only 2 Academic years (Fall and winter), the summer is not part of the two years.

I hope it is good news :D

Regards

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mailed my passport to CPP-Ottawa yesterday. They didnot request the biodata in the passport request email.

k1golestan

Jan 3, 2014
Hi All,

I'm pretty new to this topic, so, my question might seem too naive for most of you :) Anyways... Could someone please tell me whether a 2 year RA/TA is enough as job experience? Do I still need to get any job experience letter from my home country? Will it even help, or it may ruin my application process? (I have heard some rumors about rejecting applications because of irrelevant job experience letters)

I have just started the 8th semester of my PhD in Computer Engineering (2 years and one semester have passed) and I am considered a full-time Graduate Student. Besides, I have TAed for almost 800 hours during this period.

THank u

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Got a new round of GCMS notes.

Nothing new. They printed the notes the day following my request and kept them for an entire month before emailing to me!

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
beh467 said:
I mailed my passport to CPP-Ottawa yesterday. They didnot request the biodata in the passport request email.
Best of luck to you. The end appears near for you :)