+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Folks,

I need your guys help.

I started my current job on Dec. 1, 2012. Therefore, I will have one year full-time working experience on Dec. 1, 2013. But IELTS will be two year old on Dec 3, 2013. And Dec 1 is Sunday, therefore I can not submit my application on on Dec 1. But some friend told me that I can submit my application on Nov 29 (Friday), which is the last day of my one year working experience. And I will have my reference letter signed on Nov 29.

If I submit my application on Dec 2 (Monday), my application can only reach CIO on Dec 3, and I am not sure if my IELTS is still valid on Dec 3.

I need your suggestions on when I should submit my application. Nov 29 or Dec 2? Thanks.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
N_O said:
Hello there,

Good to hear from you again! Congratulations for your thesis defence, and for moving to Ontario. I think you'll hear a positive decision from Ottawa very soon, as you proved your intention in residing out of Quebec.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot N_O, tried to cover all possible tracks but until a decision is made, its like hanging by the noose. All should be good. I wonder where Kazi is????

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
tahhiir said:
Got passport request yesterday night.... :)

congratulations!!!

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beishidashuo said:
Folks,

I need your guys help.

I started my current job on Dec. 1, 2012. Therefore, I will have one year full-time working experience on Dec. 1, 2013. But IELTS will be two year old on Dec 3, 2013. And Dec 1 is Sunday, therefore I can not submit my application on on Dec 1. But some friend told me that I can submit my application on Nov 29 (Friday), which is the last day of my one year working experience. And I will have my reference letter signed on Nov 29.

If I submit my application on Dec 2 (Monday), my application can only reach CIO on Dec 3, and I am not sure if my IELTS is still valid on Dec 3.

I need your suggestions on when I should submit my application. Nov 29 or Dec 2? Thanks.
The way I see it is, most probably when CIC gets to process your application your English test result will be expired, and they might ask you to submit a new one, so why don't you take some time and rewrite your IELTS?

H_A

Nov 20, 2013
Hi guys,

I have a problem and I do appreciate if anyone here can help me with that.

I am a third-year PhD student in Quebec and I am planning to apply for Federal SW under PhD stream (I don't have CSQ). I have heard from many students that they got rejected because they couldn't provide enough evidence showing that they will live outside of Quebec after graduation!
Is it right? Do you know any student in Quebec who got PR from PhD program? What kind of evidence do I need to provide (I don't have any family in Canada; and the only reason that I don't want to stay in Quebec is because of French language)?

Could you help me with your suggestions? Thanks in advance.
:)

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
As long as my package reach CIO before the expiration day, I am fine. I live near CIO, so it is possible. The next available time to take IELTS in the city I lived is in March, 2014.....so.....I will submit my application through Fedex on Dec 2nd. Thanks.

sarsanballa said:
The way I see it is, most probably when CIC gets to process your application your English test result will be expired, and they might ask you to submit a new one, so why don't you take some time and rewrite your IELTS?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
I am not sure if this is true or not, but I guess the reason my application was rejected is because I did not have the term "assisting" in any of the duties in my RA letter, I did have the lead statement sentence "as a research assistant, he is assisting me in the research activities of ...". I think that is why they said in the refusal letter that "as the letters of reference you submitted listed duties that do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected."
any ideas?

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! We are in the same boat, man. What can you do about it...

Dani1982 said:
I am not sure if this is true or not, but I guess the reason my application was rejected is because I did not have the term "assisting" in any of the duties in my RA letter, I did have the lead statement sentence "as a research assistant, he is assisting me in the research activities of ...". I think that is why they said in the refusal letter that "as the letters of reference you submitted listed duties that do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code you selected."
any ideas?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
beishidashuo said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! We are in the same boat, man. What can you do about it...
if this's the case, almost nothing!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Dani1982 said:
any ideas?
Really?!! Even the updated letter didn't mention that you were assisting the professors in those duties?!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Stuck In Quebec said:
Thanks a lot N_O, tried to cover all possible tracks but until a decision is made, its like hanging by the noose. All should be good. I wonder where Kazi is????
You're welcome!
He has been inactive for almost 2 weeks, I hope he got his medicals!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
N_O said:
Really?!! Even the updated letter didn't mention that you were assisting the professors in those duties?!
no, I thought only the lead statement must be there, not repeating assisting for each duty!