CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
beh467 said:
yes, the duties in my letter did not include assist. My first and second RA letter was not accepted by SL. This is the SL note:

PA claims following work experience: 1) Research Assistant (NOC 4012) from xxxx to xxxx. PA submitted two letters of reference dated xxxx and xxxx which listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA directly assists a faculty member.

Then, I added the lead statement (As a research assistant, he assists me in research activities in the area of xxxx.) and updated my RA letter which is accepted by FA.

If they don't accept your letter, it shows that they are trying to come up with new ways to reject the RA letter everyday!
My CAIPS also has this sentence
PA claims following work experience: 1) Research Assistant (NOC 4012) from xxxx to xxxx. PA submitted two letters of reference dated xxxx and xxxx which listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA assists a faculty member.
I updated my letter and added the sentence " As a research assistant, he is assisting me in the research activities of the following projects ... " but FA rejected me!!? It is really hard to know what is in their head!

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
Dear seniors,

I have submitted the following RA letter. Just I want to know is it fine? Does it cover all they are looking for?

To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm Mr.*** has worked part time (30 hours work per week) as a research assistant specialized in the field of *** at the *** laboratory, Department of ***, University of *** since *** until ***. As a research assistant, Mr. ***has assisted Professor *** in research activities in area of ***.
His main roles and responsibilities were:
1. Conduct research in *** laboratory.
2. Analyze the research results and conduct literature and technical reviews and surveys.
3. Participate in research group meetings and seminars.
4. Prepare publications (journal articles and papers) of research results.
5. Conducting laboratory experiments in field of ***for using in scholarly publications.
6. Assisting professor in analyzing research results and preparing publication (journal articles and conference posters).
7. Preparing and delivering research presentation.
Also his salary for his work was as following:
1. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
2. From *** to ***: ***$CAD
3. From *** to ***: ***$CAD

If you required more information, please contact me at my address below.

Yours sincerely,

I really appreciate any suggestion :)

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
David2013 said:
Dear seniors,

I have submitted the following RA letter. Just I want to know is it fine? Does it cover all they are looking for?

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm Mr.*** has worked part time (30 hours work per week) as a research assistant specialized in the field of *** at the *** laboratory, Department of ***, University of *** since *** until ***. As a research assistant, Mr. ***has assisted Professor *** in research activities in area of ***.
2. Analyze the research results and conduct literature and technical reviews and surveys.
5. Conducting laboratory experiments in field of ***for using in scholarly publications.
6. Assisting professor in analyzing research results and preparing publication (journal articles and conference posters).

Yours sincerely,

it seems fine to me!

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
ryan_glory said:
Thank you. As for me it seems like a perfect letter. I really don't know what they want from us. :(
The more I look at my letter, the more I find my duties match to the lead statement as my supervisor said "he is assisting me in the research activities of the following projects", it means that I assisted him in every research activities happened during these projects like conducting literature review, data analysis, Compile research results, preparation of journal papers, etc. This is way beyond matching to lead statement and if they rejected me for this, that would be so unfair!!!

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
The more I look at my letter, the more I find my duties match to the lead statement as my supervisor said "he is assisting me in the research activities of the following projects", it means that I assisted him in every research activities happened during these projects like conducting literature review, data analysis, Compile research results, preparation of journal papers, etc. This is way beyond matching to lead statement and if they rejected me for this, that would be so unfair!!!
you need to appeal if they reject you, your letter IS good.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
ASG said:
you need to appeal if they reject you, your letter IS good.
I already did!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
Your letter is perfect.

If they make the immigration as hard as the states, no PhD student will come to Canada anymore. They have opened this stream to attract the PhD students and then they try their best to reject all applicants.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
beh467 said:
Your letter is perfect.

If they make the immigration as hard as the states, no PhD student will come to Canada anymore. They have opened this stream to attract the PhD students and then they try their best to reject all applicants.
This stream is solely a bait to lure best international PhD students to come and do research at their schools. As we can see, the rate of acceptance is very very low. I personally have not seen this number of rejections in any other category in my several years being in Canada and following immigration process for many years.

So far they were saying that your letter doesn't show you "assisted" and we said "Okay, we will include it in our letters". Now, they are rejecting even if the word is there and yet they say it is NOT there... And, yet we are still saying "hmmm, maybe we should have that word more than once".... It is like that we are trying to justify their false actions. It was extremely ridiculous before and it is getting even more ridiculous.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
I already did!
ok, let us know how it goes, because I concur wil the last post, it's like we are trying to read their minds and give them the exact wording they want.
Also, was it a pain to appeal????

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
ASG said:
ok, let us know how it goes, because I concur wil the last post, it's like we are trying to read their minds and give them the exact wording they want.
Also, was it a pain to appeal????
I did not actually appeal yet, but I asked MP's assistant to contact them, I am waiting to see what is their response!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
David2013 said:
Dear seniors,

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely,

You once mentioned that you prepare publications your self in NO. 4 and Analyze the research results yourself in No. 2 and again mentioned that you assist professor in analyzing research results and preparing publications in No 6. These two contradict each other! Be careful...your letter must make sense. I suggest you to remove No. 4 and first part of No.2. They don't want you to do these actions by yourself, but assist professors in doing these actions.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
I sent an email to Ottawa regarding the acceptance of my updated POE that has been attached to my file. I mentioned that I got my GCMS notes recently and noticed that points were not assigned for work experience by SL...despite updating the letter before the day of assessment. Here is what I got today:

Dear Applicant,

Your application has not been even assessed yet by an officer. The officer makes a decision about points.

According to our records, additional documents have been received from you and attached to your file.

An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.

Regards,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – RK6165

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
S_Govind said:
I sent an email to Ottawa regarding the acceptance of my updated POE that has been attached to my file. I mentioned that I got my GCMS notes recently and noticed that points were not assigned for work experience by SL...despite updating the letter before the day of assessment. Here is what I got today:

Dear Applicant,

Your application has not been even assessed yet by an officer. The officer makes a decision about points.

According to our records, additional documents have been received from you and attached to your file.

An immigration officer will be in contact with you if any further correspondence is needed.

Regards,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – RK6165
Yea, that's kinda a template email they send before FA assessment. But in your eligibily assessment section of the note has anybody updated your point or not. Mine got updated by GG.. , although he/she didn't put any note in the note section.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
ryan_glory said:
But in your eligibily assessment section of the note has anybody updated your point or not. Mine got updated by GG.. , although he/she didn't put any note in the note section.
Not as of the date of last GCMS (a month and a half ago)