+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Firewall

Nov 13, 2013
cindyxinxin said:
Thank you! I feel much better now.

By "this can speed up the process", do you mean that if I get my nomination, I can update that in my PHD program application and the process will get faster? Or I need to hand in a separate PR application with the nomination?

Thanks again!
No problem - hope it all works out for you!
For PNP you need to file a separate application, but chances of getting the PR is higher, and the process is slightly faster.

Cheers!

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
beishidashuo said:
What I had showed that same thing as you suggested. Do you mean I need to have the actual words "post graduate research and teaching assistants assist university professors in research and teaching activities" in my letter?
You are missing this statement
'Beishidashuo assisted me in research pertaining to blah blah and blah.....' and for your TA experience it must be something that goes like this 'Beishidashuo assisted me in preparation of tutorials, exams and in grading examinations blah blah and blah'. I did not mean you have to copy and paste the statement !

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks, man. I am working on it now.

sarsanballa said:
Yah, it's understandable, but you still need the original birth certificate with your application, otherwise they will return it saying it's not complete, it happened to me before. :( Is there any way that you can get a copy from China in ten days?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amir_hb said:
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. So what if I take TAs during the summer 2014? will that be considered a 1 continuous year part-time experience then? It will be three separate contracts though: sep to dec, jan to apr, and may to aug.

Because I don't get how else a PhD student who has done their studies continuously and is now enrolled in a full-time program can have the work experience that CIC wants (when they exclude the T4A-type RA which is only considered T4A so that students pay less tax on the money)!
You're welcome :)

It will be considered continuous but the problem is the number of hours you have worked as a TA.
If we consider one year as 53 weeks, then you need 53*30(definition of full-time work in new rules) hours of continuous full-time or its equivalent part time to meet the minimum requirement.

For the RA, up to now they have accepted the nontaxable RA as work experience as well. you can claim 15 hours per week which will be enough to satisfy the minimum requirement.

Sarsanballa is the first applicant after May 2013 that has got the passport request. Sarsanballa has ordered GCMS notes which will make it clear that if they accept RA under new rules or not.

Good luck!

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
Hi Guys,

I just prepared my documents to submit for the Phd stream FSW application. I filled out the fee payment form to pay by Credit Card.

On the Document Check-list for the Section 20 ,Fee Payment, is says "Include with your application to the CIO a copy of your receipt from the mission as a proof of payment"

What is this? I filled out my address to get a Fees Receipt (IMM 5401)
, but this says it can up to 2 weeks to send.

can someone please explain to me what to do, should I just send in my application?

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
hi guys,

one more question. I am no Married and no kids, so I am not sending forms such as :Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) , etc.

Should I write an explanation to CiC why I am not sending these forms with my FSW application ?

cheers.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Folks,

I need you guys help. I am recently rejected for FSW under Phd stream. I want to apply under CEC now. Actually, it is the only option for me now.

I started my postdoctoral fellow job from December 1, 2012. But I did not get any pay until Jan 2013. Should I assume that my working experience started from dec 2013 or Jan 2013? Because I need to provide pay stub for CEC application.

2nd question: my IELTS will be expired in Dec 3, 2103 (will be two years old on that date). If it is ok for me to start my working experience from Dec 1, 2012, so can I still use my IELTS results (two days to be expired)......

Thanks a lot.

geo909

Apr 13, 2012
Dear all,

I'm almost finished with my paperwork and stuff, but it came up that I will have to travel back
to Europe (in particular Austria, if that matters) and stay there for quite a while.

Does it make any difference if I send my application from outside Canada? Apart from choosing
a different office, is there anything else to consider?

Any feedback would be appreciated..

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravenous071 said:
hi guys,

one more question. I am no Married and no kids, so I am not sending forms such as :Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) , etc.

Should I write an explanation to CiC why I am not sending these forms with my FSW application ?

cheers.
Hi

No, you don't need to write any explanation. I just wrote Not Applicable for those items on the document check list that I sent to them.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Nothing here! Do they contact from ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca? Is there any way that their email gets lost and I miss it in some ways?

cindyxinxin

Sep 3, 2013
Firewall said:
No problem - hope it all works out for you!
For PNP you need to file a separate application, but chances of getting the PR is higher, and the process is slightly faster.

Cheers!
Thank you! That is really helpful. I will see how slow the PHD stream is, then decide whether to apply PNP

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Guys,

Does anyone has any idea what is the NOC for research engineer? I could not found any NOC code for this. Duties are mainly, developing prototypes, evaluating and feasiblity study of the prototype, conduct simulation experiment, writing technical report and scientific articles.

Many thanks in an advance.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anna2013 said:
Nothing here! Do they contact from ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca? Is there any way that their email gets lost and I miss it in some ways?
Yes, that's right. It's also possible that the e-mails from CIC ended up being in your junk mail folder or something.