14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
nima2000 said:
Do you know if they (MP) usually give us like a letteror they will contact to CIC directly?
They will contact CIC directly. There are many applicants here who already have met their MPs. They know more than me.

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
I sent in Aug and got no news either....

ptrs141 said:
Hi!

I've sent my application under FSW- PhD on August 1st - received August 7th.
I haven't heard back from them yet and I was wondering if anyone else has similar experience.

Thanks,

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
aidina said:
What about June and July applicants? What is going on?
They probably removed us from their system to clear the backlog :(

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Hi guys,

Are they still on strike? I got PER Oct. 2012, POF request in Apr 2013, no response since then.

I applied GCMS two month ago, and have not received anything by now.

They just stop doing anything?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
zhengyilove said:
Hi guys,

Are they still on strike? I got PER Oct. 2012, POF request in Apr 2013, no response since then.

Two months ago?! I also applied for GCMS 37 days ago and no news yet. Another user here got it a few days ago on 30 days I think.
No they're not on strike anymore. Don't know what's going on with GCMS notes!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhengyilove said:
Hi guys,

Send an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca regarding the delay.

I applied for GCMS notes on September 26 and received it on October 29.

geo909

Apr 13, 2012
Re: RA work per week and different RA amounts per year

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Quote from: geo909 on October 28, 2013, 08:05:25 pm
Hi all,

I would really appreciate any advice on my issue below.

I'm a little concerned about something. I have been doing grad school for 5 years
(2 years MSc + currently 3 years PhD ) under the supervision of the same professor,
and have been receiving RA funds from him since the beginning. Now, although I
have been helping him with research, doing reviews, writing papers together etc, etc,
there was never an agreement about how many hours per week I would work.
Furthermore, when I check my account in the employee services website of my
school, I see that I have apparently worked 10 hour per year or something! So, I
guess somebody put the number there randomly. My supervisor has no idea and
told me that he will sign anything.

What should I do with the hours per week thing of my RA letter? Should I put an
estimation of how many hours I'm in school working on my research per week? Mind
that I have been receiving different RA amounts every year, so that may not appear
accurate.

Many thanks in advance.

HR does not care about your RA working hours. Most probably they do not write anything about it in your letter. You only need to have another letter from your supervisor or graduate secretary(best) with some stamping that clearly states your real working hours for RAship.
That's only my opinion.
HR does not care about your RA working hours. Most probably they do not write anything about it in your letter. You only need to have another letter from your supervisor or graduate secretary(best) with some stamping that clearly states your real working hours for RAship.
That's only my opinion.
First off, thank you sorry for the late reply; thought I would get an email notification for replies, never did.

So, again, I can put an estimate, right? There's no agreement or log for my RA hours anywhere, not even
verbally with my prof. Any suggestions?

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am applying under Phd FSW. I am a 3rd year Phd student in Canada. I already did my Master in Canada for 2 years.

In the imm0008_3e form (Schedule 3, Economic Classes) for the FSW application , question 9 asks if you have worked previously in Canada for 1 year full-time. My RA/TA hours for which I am claiming is on a part-time continuous basis, so should I choose 'NO' for working full-time on this form ?

Also, for Question 3a on the imm0008_3e form , when it asks if I have an offer of employment in Canada, should I choose 'YES' and put my supervisor information?

thanks.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
ravenous071 said:
Hi everyone,

I am applying under Phd FSW. I am a 3rd year Phd student in Canada. I already did my Master in Canada for 2 years.

In the imm0008_3e form (Schedule 3, Economic Classes) for the FSW application , question 9 asks if you have worked previously in Canada for 1 year full-time. My RA/TA hours for which I am claiming is on a part-time continuous basis, so should I choose 'NO' for working full-time on this form ?

Also, for Question 3a on the imm0008_3e form , when it asks if I have an offer of employment in Canada, should I choose 'YES' and put my supervisor information?
thanks.
As far as I know, you should choose "No" for both of these questions as your RA/TA work is under a "study permit" not a "work permit".

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
thanks Parkinson,

Since I am currently in Canada, would my 'Immigration office requested for processing the application' be CPP Ottawa, Ontario,Canada ?

Also, do you know if CIC asks for details of Bank statements, such as where the money came from,etc ? or do I just get a current bank statement with my total savings amount for my application?

cheers

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
kaziahmmed said:
They probably removed us from their system to clear the backlog :(
It has been over a month the strike has been over and there is no sign of processing Jun-Jul applicants! Kind of sure that the officers are now getting busy with Christmas shopping and breaks, so the processing is getting another slow-down.

Ahmed2

Nov 4, 2013
Dear All,

I just got rejected couple of days agofrom Ottawa :( They give me 66 points and they give me 0 adaptability points while my daughter is Canadian. My application score is based on the old points system since i applied on june 2012. I think they forgot to add her . Also, I sent an updated experience letter last month but they seem to count the original experience claimed on the file only which is one year less too. I don't know what should I do

Thanks

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Ahmed2 said:
Dear All,

I just got rejected couple of days agofrom Ottawa :( They give me 66 points and they give me 0 adaptability points while my daughter is Canadian. My application score is based on the old points system since i applied on june 2012. I think they forgot to add her . Also, I sent an updated experience letter last month but they seem to count the original experience claimed on the file only which is one year less too. I don't know what should I do

Thanks
Sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing your old and new ref. letters?
My suggestion would be to try MP asap. Emailing them and complaining would not bring you any result.

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Two months ago?! I also applied for GCMS 37 days ago and no news yet. Another user here got it a few days ago on 30 days I think.
No they're not on strike anymore. Don't know what's going on with GCMS notes!
FYI: I applied for GCMS notes on October 3rd and received them today!