+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We got new GCMS notes today. Nothing has changed. The only difference is that so much information that we could see in the previous GCMS, are hidden in the new one! It seems they don't have consistency in hiding the information!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
engineer2012 said:
Yes, I received Doc request in April 2012.

Congrat. What is your timeline? Did you choose CPP-Ottawa? Seems like they have started processing our files again after a few weeks of silence.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
mehroonir said:
We got new GCMS notes today. Nothing has changed. The only difference is that so much information that we could see in the previous GCMS, are hidden in the new one! It seems they don't have consistency in hiding the information!
Whats is your new due date? What information they are hiding this time? I should receive mine within a few days as well!

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
N_O said:
Congrats! It has been a long while since an applicant got a medical request.

I think it should be from inside Canada as you reside here currently, however, to be in the safe side call the CIC to ask them about that.

Btw, would you please share your timeline with us?

Good Luck!
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 24, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on June 6, 2013.

That's what I can find online from CIC.

Do you know what number I should be calling. I tried the Embassy in Beijing, but I couldn't get in touch with any officer, only auto-recording.

engineer2012

Aug 8, 2013
aidina said:
Congrat. What is your timeline? Did you choose CPP-Ottawa? Seems like they have started processing our files again after a few weeks of silence.
I will put my timeline later, applied in Sep2012, doc request in April 2013 and Med request in Sep2013.
Yes, it was CPP-Ottawa.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Whats is your new due date? What information they are hiding this time? I should receive mine within a few days as well!
Wow! You are an expert now aidina. You identified the only change even without looking at my notes ;-)
The due date has changed from 2013/07/28 to 2013/10/28.

What's the point of having a due date when they don't follow it? ???

One of the interesting things that is removed is the sentence I copied here previously! The one under "Notes" with label "Security" which said because my wife and I studied in different universities (before our marriage!), "comprehensive check" is required. Previously the sentence starting with "comprehensive check" looked incomplete. Now it is completely hidden. The label "Security" is also hidden.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
mehroonir said:
Wow! You are an expert now aidina. You identified the only change even without looking at my notes ;-)
The due date has changed from 2013/07/28 to 2013/10/28.

What's the point of having a due date when they don't follow it? ???

One of the interesting things that is removed is the sentence I copied here previously! The one under "Notes" with label "Security" which said because my wife and I studied in different universities (before our marriage!), "comprehensive check" is required. Previously the sentence starting with "comprehensive check" looked incomplete. Now it is completely hidden. The label "Security" is also hidden.
Interesting. Yeah, they have shifted all the due dates in June, July, and August to October.That is because of the strike most probably.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zoubin said:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 24, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on June 6, 2013.

That's what I can find online from CIC.

Do you know what number I should be calling. I tried the Embassy in Beijing, but I couldn't get in touch with any officer, only auto-recording.
Oh my! You got your medical request before those who applied in June 2012. Congrats for the second time!
CIC Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

I added you to the spreadsheet, would you please post the rest of your information? i.e, PER date, document request date, medical request date, number of applicants and your kind of experience.

Thanks!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehroonir said:
Is the security status still not started?

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beh467 said:
Is the security status still not started?
It says so. But based on the discussions we had previously, I hope it doesn't actually mean that they haven't started security check.

The interesting thing is my Iranian friends who had applied under PNP and CEC got passport requests in less than 9 months. It's strange that security check of Iranians in PhD stream takes longer thank the whole application process of Iranians in CEC and PNP.

zoubin

Jul 3, 2012
N_O said:
Oh my! You got your medical request before those who applied in June 2012. Congrats for the second time!
CIC Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

I added you to the spreadsheet, would you please post the rest of your information? i.e, PER date, document request date, medical request date, number of applicants and your kind of experience.

Thanks!
Not sure about what's PER, but I got an email from CIC on Feb 25, 2013 to confirm the application fee is received and my application will be forwarded to Beijing Centre for further review.
I never was requested to provide any documents except this time for medical report.
Request email for the Right of Permanent Resident fee and medical report came on Sep 18, 2013.
I am the only applicant.
TA/RA experience only, not sure how long the CIC counted for. Started my Ph.D in fall 2009.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehroonir said:
It says so. But based on the discussions we had previously, I hope it doesn't actually mean that they haven't started security check.

The interesting thing is my Iranian friends who had applied under PNP and CEC got passport requests in less than 9 months. It's strange that security check of Iranians in PhD stream takes longer thank the whole application process of Iranians in CEC and PNP.
Hopefully, it is started. Maybe, they do more security check on this stream.

I will get my GCMS notes in a week. I will post the changes.

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
zoubin said:
Not sure about what's PER, but I got an email from CIC on Feb 25, 2013 to confirm the application fee is received and my application will be forwarded to Beijing Centre for further review.
I never was requested to provide any documents except this time for medical report.
Request email for the Right of Permanent Resident fee and medical report came on Sep 18, 2013.
I am the only applicant.
TA/RA experience only, not sure how long the CIC counted for. Started my Ph.D in fall 2009.
When did you submitted your application? It seems that the processing on your application is so fast. I got the PER at the same date with you, but fail to get any update. You lived in Canada but choose BJ as your processing office?