+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

SMike

Jun 20, 2012
Thank you all for sharing helpful information.

I got my GCMS note today. Criminality check is in progress: RCMP screening completed without a trace and that of my wife is in progress. Proof of funds has been accepted too. But I have a question.

I am above the cut-off point of 67 but no point is given for my wife's education. I want to fill out the Record Correction Request Form sent with my GCMS note. Does anyone know exactly what to fill in the ACCESS INFORMATION table?: Agency, Information bank no, Information bank title and Other details specified in Info Source for this bank.

I wonder if the GCMS file doesn't reflect that a point is given to my wife because the file is personal. But then I see information about her RCMP screening etc.

Thank you.

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
Hello All,

My friend has ordered her GCMS notes under the privacy act after almost 6 months that her file was submitted to the immigration canada. It seems that nothing has been started in all the stages except the initial eligibility assessment which is done by Sydney and they gave her 75 points with accepting the 4 years of work experience. She has submitted documents for both a 5 months RA ( with a 4012 NOC code) and also other work experience in her country which was about 4 years but our question here are :

1. In a client details section in pdf file ( page 4) it is mentioned that NOC:4122000 !!!!! I am just wondering is it done by their mistake or is it the same for you who has received their GCMS notes, cuz she is sure that she has applied as 4012 and not 4122 !!! She has also had a copy of the form that she applied.

2. At the end of the pdf file, in notes section , we see a text which reported all the documents she has submitted like this :

"PhD file positive... transcripts are on file .... ielts score is on file.. " but in the middle of paragraph, it is stated that "the letter of reference related to work experience on file- not verified"!!!

Do you have any idea that why do they say such a thing " it is on file- not verified" ? is it happened to any of you?

Thank you

SMike

Jun 20, 2012
aysuda said:
Hello All,

My friend has ordered her GCMS notes under the privacy act after almost 6 months that her file was submitted to the immigration canada. It seems that nothing has been started in all the stages except the initial eligibility assessment which is done by Sydney and they gave her 75 points with accepting the 4 years of work experience. She has submitted documents for both a 5 months RA ( with a 4012 NOC code) and also other work experience in her country which was about 4 years but our question here are :

1. In a client details section in pdf file ( page 4) it is mentioned that NOC:4122000 !!!!! I am just wondering is it done by their mistake or is it the same for you who has received their GCMS notes, cuz she is sure that she has applied as 4012 and not 4122 !!! She has also had a copy of the form that she applied.

2. At the end of the pdf file, in notes section , we see a text which reported all the documents she has submitted like this :

"PhD file positive... transcripts are on file .... ielts score is on file.. " but in the middle of paragraph, it is stated that "the letter of reference related to work experience on file- not verified"!!!

Do you have any idea that why do they say such a thing " it is on file- not verified" ? is it happened to any of you?

Thank you
I think Nova Scotia only does general screening. The letter will be verified by the visa office chosen by your friend. As per the NOC, mine says 9914000 but I'm not yet worried about that as I didn't choose it in my application.

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
Finally :D after almost 4 months waiting I got my PER today, please update my information.

My application was received on May 3rd and credit card got charged on May 13th.

I provided both TA/RA and other work experience

The email I received has the following statement:

your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed
Is it enough to reduce my tuition fees and obtain a SIN card?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
aysuda said:
This is a code from the (now) deprecated 2006 NOC list. My very first GCMS note says "Application lists NOC4012 from the 2011 list; equivalent NOC 4122 entered on GCMS as system update has not been complete". Two zeros after "4122" is something related to the format of the GCMS notes, and is quite typical. Nothing to worry about.

aysuda said:
Yes, that's correct. I have the same statement in my GCMS notes. CIO does only inital assessment of the application. In-depth assessment, including how well the letter suits the NOC description, is done at the visa office. There is a real possibility of rejection at that point, so if your friend feels that her letter is not very strong, she should submit an updated one. You can find examples of successful letters of reference at http://goo.gl/47qIZF. Looking at these letters is strongly recommended.

Regards

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Congrats!

DrImmi said:
Is it enough to reduce my tuition fees and obtain a SIN card?
You might be able to claim domestic tuition fees, but make sure that your school does not already cover the difference between the domestic and international fees---in this case having domestic fees will actually lower your tax benefits. SIN card---no, and it does not makes much of a difference. You might also be able to apply for and get provincial medical insurance, so please check it---100% for Ontario, not sure about other provinces.

superstring

Dec 9, 2012
Hi Everybody,

Is there anyone who can tell me how to find the webpage of CIC showing the current number of applications toward the annual cap of 1000?

I saw this page once, however, I can't find it now.

Thank you very much.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
superstring said:
Is there anyone who can tell me how to find the webpage of CIC showing the current number of applications toward the annual cap of 1000?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

username27

Apr 4, 2012
Hi,
I am going to apply for the PhD stream next August 2014. So by the end of February 2014, I am planning to have $ 11,500 in my bank account. But at the same time I have around $4000 loan in a credit card from another bank. My questions are :
1. Having $11,500 by the end of February, 2014 is enough?
2. Will they check my credit card balance?
Thanks

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
username27 said:
2. Will they check my credit card balance?
Strictly speaking, your settlement funds are your assets minus your liabilities, so you should deduct the credit card debt from your savings. They cannot possibly know if you have other credit cards but if they somehow find out, it will be treated as a misrepresentation and can cost you your current status in Canada. Moreover, it might be quite expensive to keep the $4000 debt on a credit card for the entire duration of the PR application. (Because they can ask to see the 6-months history of your account at the document request step, and even later.)

So, it might be worth exploring other options to keep settlement funds.

SMike

Jun 20, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Hmm. So application assignment due date hasn't change right? It sounds like nothing new in this one, am i right? How abt the RCMP screening? or Criminality or Security? According to my last GCMS they did the last update on 9th of August, I think they will also update ur file very soon and will stretch the due date for sure, sorry to say that but at least this is my understanding from my case. May be it could be different.
... I am not allowed to send a personal mail ...

linux64

Aug 31, 2013
Hello all,
Would you please let me know your idea about my letter:

To whom it may concern:
This letter is to verify that Mr. X is registered as a full-time student in the PhD program in the Department of X at University of X, and he has been working as a post-secondary teaching and research assistants since September 1st 2011.
As a Research Assistant, Mr. X has worked for 25 hours per week from September 1st 2011 to September 1st 2013. Mr. X assisted Professor X and Y in research activities. As a research assistant, he has received $X per year.
The duties of Mr. X as a Research Assistant included the following:
• Plan and conduct scientific research in the area of X
• Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
• Compiling experimental results and assisting professors in the analysis of results
• Assisting the professors in preparation of journal articles and papers
• Organizing graduate research seminars
From September 1st 2011 to September 1st 2013, Mr. X was employed by the university as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, and he has worked 40-120 hours per semester which is total of 400 hours. He received $23.27 per hour for his teaching assisting duties which is totally $2,792 from September 1st 2011 to September 1st 2012 and 6,516$ from September 1st 2012 to September 1st 2013.
As a Teaching Assistant, Mr X assisted Professors X, Y, Z in teaching undergraduate courses. The main duties of Mr. X as a Teaching Assistant were as follows:
• Grading assignments, midterm and final examinations, and laboratory reports
• Help students work through lab experiments or projects
• Assist the students with their questions about the courses
• Prepare and demonstrate lab experiments as required by university professors
• Assisting professors in administering examinations in undergraduate courses
If you require any further information, please contact me at phone number (phone) or E-mail (X).
Sincerely,
Professor X
Department of Computer Science,
University of X

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Hi all

I have received my passport back and landed yesterday.

You need to have a POF or employment letter. If you want to get something (TAX FREE) you need to have a detailed list of goods :D

Wish you all best of luck :D