+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
I don't know when the security is not started it is really not started or not.
In my friend's GCMS notes who had applied under CEC, the security was not started but when he went to MP and MP assistant called Ottawa, Ottawa told that his security has started 3-4 months before his GCMS notes date. He has got passport request recently.

In a month, I will go to MP and will ask them to call Ottawa.
I suspect they may hide any information about the security part. After they initiated the criminality check, they had 2 more activities on my file about the security, but their new values are empty. In addition, there is no due date provided for the security section! Is your criminality passed? What was the due date for your criminality, when was it passed?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
I suspect they may hide any information about the security part. After they initiated the criminality check, they had 2 more activities on my file about the security, but their new values are empty. In addition, there is no due date provided for the security section! Is your criminality passed? What was the due date for your criminality, when was it passed?
yes, it is possible that they hide the information about security.
My criminality is passed. The due date was 2013/07/04 and it is passed on 2013/06/26.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Do you have any activity named 'security screening' not 'security'?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
mehroonir said:
Do you have any activity named 'security screening' not 'security'?
Yes, I have. The last four activities are security and security screening, but no information has been provided for them. All the fields for STATUS, DUE DATES, and UPDATED DATES are empty. It strongly seems to me that they are intentionally hiding the security part. They initiated the security screening on July 23rd, 2013, and after that there are 2 other activities on the security screening part without showing any information for the new value field.

The due date for my criminality was Aug. 1st. Criminality should be passed by now, and that is probably the reason I was asked to pay the RPRF.

BTW, I finally got the "Medical results have been received" line.

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Hi guys,

Recently on the tracker form, it has moving very slow, at least slower than 1-2 months ago. Anyone has ideas about what is happening?

BTW, several days ago, I got the confirmation of my updated reference letter. (reach CIO in August 2012) .

thanks

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
zhengyilove said:
Hi guys,

Recently on the tracker form, it has moving very slow, at least slower than 1-2 months ago. Anyone has ideas about what is happening?

BTW, several days ago, I got the confirmation of my updated reference letter. (reach CIO in August 2012) .

thanks
They are on strike, and CIC shifts its non-striking employees. PR officers are probably shifted to TRV section again.

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Hi all,

I just got my GCMS. In the eligibility assessment 1, my working experience is denied (TA and RA only). The reason is, there is no the f*** "assist".

It was updated on May 07, 2013.

I sent them the updated reference July. 16 2013. And got confrontation of receiving Aug. 06 2013.

what can I do now? Why haven't I received rejection. They want to keep me waiting for ever?

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
but in the beginning, it says:

Eligibility: Not started.

wired.

zhengyilove said:
Hi all,

I just got my GCMS. In the eligibility assessment 1, my working experience is denied (TA and RA only). The reason is, there is no the f*** "assist".

I sent them the updated reference July. 16 2013. And got confrontation of receiving Aug. 06 2013.

what can I do now? Why haven't I received rejection. They want to keep me waiting for ever?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
zhengyilove said:
Hi all,

Who updated your eligibility and wrote the note? SL or FA? If he is not FA, don't worry; Your file will be reviewed by FA who makes the final decision and he will probably consider your updated work experience.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
zhengyilove said:
but in the beginning, it says:

Eligibility: Not started.

wired.
I had almost the same problem. My eligibility was updated and my total points were updated less than 67. But, the value of eligibility was "not started". I sent them an inquiry about eligibility assessment and attached documents for the points I needed. Their answer was "Your eligibility is not assessed yet and any point was not awarded...". After one month, the documents I sent for claiming extra points showed up in my GCMS note section. I think as your eligibility value was "not started" at the time of the first update, probably the second officer will consider your updated letter.

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
thanks for your reply.

It is SL. you answer makes me feel better.

Yi

Parkinson said:
Who updated your eligibility and wrote the note? SL or FA? If he is not FA, don't worry; Your file will be reviewed by FA who makes the final decision and he will probably consider your updated work experience.

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Below is my duties in the updated reference, any suggestions? should I put "assists" in every statement?

• Responsible for doing experiments and collecting data for the study of the characteristics of microscale molecular diffusion and mass transportation
• Publish test results and discoveries in academic papers
• Design and test micro devices for gravitational platelet separation
• Design mounting devices for bio-microfluidic chips
• Assist supervisor to maintain experimental facilities (microscope, et al.)
• Assist supervisor to review and categorize related literatures
• Assist supervisor to conduct computational simulation analysis on molecular diffusion mechanism for publications

Parkinson said:
I had almost the same problem. My eligibility was updated and my total points were updated less than 67. But, the value of eligibility was "not started". I sent them an inquiry about eligibility assessment and attached documents for the points I needed. Their answer was "Your eligibility is not assessed yet and any point was not awarded...". After one month, the documents I sent for claiming extra points showed up in my GCMS note section. I think as your eligibility value was "not started" at the time of the first update, probably the second officer will consider your updated letter.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
zhengyilove said:
Thanks for your reply. Below is my duties in the updated reference, any suggestions? should I put "assists" in every statement?

• Responsible for doing experiments and collecting data for the study of the characteristics of microscale molecular diffusion and mass transportation
• Publish test results and discoveries in academic papers
• Design and test micro devices for gravitational platelet separation
• Design mounting devices for bio-microfluidic chips
• Assist supervisor to maintain experimental facilities (microscope, et al.)
• Assist supervisor to review and categorize related literatures
• Assist supervisor to conduct computational simulation analysis on molecular diffusion mechanism for publications
You can find successful reference letters for the PhD stream here: http://goo.gl/47qIZF and compare.
Your letter should include the lead statement "assisst professors in research activities" and "a substantial number of main duties". I think your letter is fine. My only concern is that they might need some effort to match the substantial number of main duties under the code 4012 with your duties. But, I'm not sure. However, if you have any doubt it doesn't hurt to update it several times as a member of this forum did and finally passed the eligibility.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
zhengyilove said:
should I put "assists" in every statement?
You should not put assists in every statement. If you do, then you'll match the lead statement but not a substantial number of main duties as you have to do some duties by yourself as indicated under the code 4012. It should be where it needs to be: statements equivalent to "assist professors in data analysis" and "assists professors in preparing journals" and it is helpful to also include the general term "assisst professors in research activities".

hamoon

Jan 4, 2013
Hello all,
I received my passport today, here is my final timeline:

App received : 23 Dec 2011
PER: March 5, 2012
Doc Request: Jan 3, 2013
Medical request: 23 January
RPRF request: May 10, 2013
Passport request: August 2, 2013
Visa received: Aug 23, 2013
Nationality: Iranian

I guess 23 will be my new lucky number: Dec 23 - Aug 23, I even received my medical on January 23 .

Anyways, Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the helps.