20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
N_O said:
The funny thing is that some applicants got their PPR although they applied in Nov2012! They were so lucky!
They must be kids from heaven ;)

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi all,

I am not sure what kinds of documents I should submit as required in the second part of item 8 (Proof of Admission) on the checklist.

"If the visa office have specified for processing your application is not the visa office responsible for your country of nationality, provide proof that you have been lawfully admitted for a period of at least one year to a country for which the specified visa office is responsible."
"Proof of lawful admission is in the form of a stamp in the passport or a status document issued at the Port of Entry or other place of admission. If an extension of the original status has been obtained, the evidence required would be a document or stamp issued by the ministry responsible for immigration matters, providing an extension up to one year or beyond. Submit photocopies of: current or expired entry/exit stamps in your national passport and current or expired status documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity"

Now, my study permit will expire soon and I already submitted my application for renew, but still wait for the response from CIC. My wife applied work permit and also waits for the response. Hence, must I wait for all the responses from CIC before PR application? Anyone give me some idea? Thanks a million!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aalm said:
Thanks Nashed. But as I now am living in Canada, can I add Mexico as my VISA office?
You are just allowed to choose your country of residence or country of origin, Canada or Bangladesh!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
wintercolder said:
"Proof of lawful admission is in the form of a stamp in the passport or a status document issued at the Port of Entry or other place of admission. If an extension of the original status has been obtained, the evidence required would be a document or stamp issued by the ministry responsible for immigration matters, providing an extension up to one year or beyond. Submit photocopies of: current or expired entry/exit stamps in your national passport and current or expired status documents indicating the date you were admitted and the validity"
You just wrote the answer! Even the expired status document works. As long as you are submitting your application before the expiry date of your study permit, then you do not have to wait to get the new one. Just send them copies of your passports showing the stamps of entry and your study and work permits.

Good Luck!

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
a_nashed said:
Hi

First welcome to the PhD stream

1- for this point, as it published in cic, it would take up to 13 months for Ottawa to get replied, but a lot of folks here have more than that, so could you please look at the processing time in Bangladesh and see which is the best.
I remember there were some applied in Mexico office and they got the PR in shorter time

2. Include as much work experience as you can, you won't know if the officer will accept them or not!
also take a look at the reference letter posted in this forum, they are very helpful.

3. forget about the 5 points for studying in Canada, as long as your program is not finished,
relative in canada, you need to submit a very strong document to support iy
so check your points and see what will you get (exclude these 10 points), and see if you will need them or not!
I would just like to add that, for applications received after May 4 2013, the requirement that the program needs to be completed is no longer there. Now, if you have been in the program for more than two years, in theory, you should be able to claim the extra five adaptability points.

To illustrate my point, you should check the specific wording dealing with the adaptability points for previous study, and compare between the old and the new rulings (OP6B and OP6C)

From OP6B (old rules, applicable to applications received before May 4 2013)
Award five points if the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law partner completed a program of full-time study of at least two years' duration at a post-secondary institution in Canada, if this occurred after the age of seventeen and with valid study permits.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf‎
From OP6C (for applications received after May 4 2013)
Award five points if the principal applicant completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary institution in Canada.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf‎
So it should be clear from the wording that the program needed to be completed if you applied before May 4, but under the new rules, as long as you are in a good academic standing, and have completed two years of a program, then you should be awarded these five points.

And do have your wife take the IELTS exams. The adaptability points for spouse's language skills are much easier to claim than points for relatives in Canada, and all she needs is the equivalent of CLB level 4 to claim the five points.

Award five points if the accompanying spouse or common-law partner, other than a permanent resident residing in Canada or a Canadian citizen, has a level of proficiency in either official language at CLB 4 level or higher in all four language skill areas (speaking, listening, reading and writing).
This rule applies ONLY to applications received after May 4 2013, and it wasn't there under the old rule, so take advantage of it to the fullest :D

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
Hello everyone,

Is it usual that Immigration Office do not send any confirmation letter, except the automatic one, after sending them updated reference letter and POF? What is the way to know if they received it?

Thank you and good luck everybody

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
phdsocialwork said:
Hello everyone,

Is it usual that Immigration Office do not send any confirmation letter, except the automatic one, after sending them updated reference letter and POF? What is the way to know if they received it?

Thank you and good luck everybody
If you have sent any documents via email, you'll only get the default automatic response. The only way to confirm that they have received your documents is to email them again asking for a confirmation that they have received the documents and added them to your application. You may or may not get a reply though. Or you can order the GCMS notes after a week or two from sending the documents and see if there is any note on receiving the documents. You will have to wait for nearly one month before you receive your notes.

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
It's true that I got PPR on March 26, but CIC requested me not to send my passport until my wife passes the background check (i.e., the first PPR was invalidated, and I need to wait for a new PPR for the *entire* family). Basically, if anyone adds new *accompanying* family members into the application, passports of all members must be sent to CIC in a single package. There is no way to send them to CIC separately.

Instead of adding accompanying members, some ppl may choose to newly married spouse as a non-accompanying family member. I'm not very sure what will happen in that case.

N_O said:
Didn't you get it before on March 26? I have to update that if it is wrong!

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
Hi all,

I want to send my update RA letter. I have already read samples of successful RA letters which are posted in our forum. I prepared my updated RA letter based on samples such that be comprehensive (includes substantial number of the main duties and lead statement)and also compatible with my previous RA letter. It's the letter that I have prepared:

To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm Mr.*** has worked part time (30 hours work per week) as a research assistant specialized in the field of *** at the *** laboratory, Department of ***, University of *** since *** until ***. As a research assistant, Mr.*** has assisted Professor *** in research activities in area of ***.
His main roles and responsibilities during aforementioned period were:
1. Conducting research in *** laboratory.
2. Analyzing the research results and conduct literature and technical reviews and surveys.
3. Participating in research group meetings and seminars.
4. Preparing publications (journal articles and papers) of research results.
5. Conducting laboratory experiments in field of *** for using in scholarly publications.
6. Assisting professor in analyzing research results and preparing publication (journal articles and conference posters).
7. Preparing and delivering research presentation.
Also his salary for his work was as following:
1. From *** to ***: *** $CAD
2. From *** to ***: *** $CAD
3. From *** to ***: *** $CAD
3. From *** to ***: *** $CAD

If you required more information, please contact me at my address below.

Yours sincerely,

I really appreciate if you can take a look at it and let me know your comments :)

Thanks

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
a_nashed said:
Hi all

I have just got a passport request today :D, two weeks after sending my updated PCC
Congrat! Did they ask you for PCC/RCMP and other documents after you got the MR?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
a_nashed said:
Nope, but it takes for me almost 2 months to get PCC
Okay. Since they did not ask me for anything before the MR, except the POF, I was wondering whether they might ask me for something after it. Thanks!

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi all,

I just got a curious question about the IMM 0008 form.
In the blank for highest level of education, as a current phd student, should I fill in "Doctorate-phd" or just "Master Degree" I have obtained?
Thanks a million.