+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Marylou2

Jun 30, 2013
et.sunshine said:
Hey guys,

I am an international doing PhD in US, can I apply under the new FSW program or it is only for international PhD's in Canada ?
I believe is only for Canadian students

SJ2013

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Received document request for updated CV, Supervisor's info, PhD info, and updated list of publications on July 29. The request was made by RK. I included almost all of the aforementioned documents within the primary application. I expected to receive a request for POF since I didn't include 6 months account history but surprisingly there is no POF request! Moreover, there are people in the spreadsheet who applied up to 3 months before me and still haven't received document request. Any comment will be appreciated :)

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I asked the CPP about the documents that they received and attached to my file. They listed PoE. Does it mean letters of experience?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
otacon said:
Thanks! Both, as a family.
Didn't you get it before on March 26? I have to update that if it is wrong!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
salam20 said:
I asked the CPP about the documents that they received and attached to my file. They listed PoE. Does it mean letters of experience?
I asked them to confirm receiving my updated reference letter but their reply was "we have not confirmed receiving documents we have not requested". Would you share the wording of their reply? It may help us what do they mean by PoE, it may be an abbreviation of "Proof of Experience"!

Bobi1

Jun 24, 2013
Hi

I applied through PhD stream on May 25,2012. I got rejected July 16,2013. The reason was that the officer didn't see my master's degree and didn't give me any points for that. I sent them an email, but they said you have to apply again. Now I want to appeal. But I don't know how! So I have these questions:

1. How can I appeal?
2. How long after rejection can I appeal?
3. How long an appeal will take?

Please help! :(

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
N_O said:
I asked them to confirm receiving my updated reference letter but their reply was "we have not confirmed receiving documents we have not requested". Would you share the wording of their reply? It may help us what do they mean by PoE, it may be an abbreviation of "Proof of Experience"!
We have received the following documents on the XX of June, 2013:

XXX My full name XXX

-Proof of Funds
-Copy of PPT
-POE

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Bobi1 said:
Hi

I applied through PhD stream on May 25,2012. I got rejected July 16,2013. The reason was that the officer didn't see my master's degree and didn't give me any points for that. I sent them an email, but they said you have to apply again. Now I want to appeal. But I don't know how! So I have these questions:

1. How can I appeal?

Would you share the wording of their reply?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
salam20 said:
We have received the following documents on the XX of June, 2013:

XXX My full name XXX

-Proof of Funds
-Copy of PPT
-POE
As they were specific, I think it means Proof of Experience.
I have to wait for the GCMS notes to see whether they attached my updated reference letter or not!
Hopefully, you'll hear good news soon.
Good luck!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
SJ2013 said:
Received document request for updated CV, Supervisor's info, PhD info, and updated list of publications on July 29. The request was made by RK. I included almost all of the aforementioned documents within the primary application. I expected to receive a request for POF since I didn't include 6 months account history but surprisingly there is no POF request! Moreover, there are people in the spreadsheet who applied up to 3 months before me and still haven't received document request. Any comment will be appreciated :)
It wouldn't hurt to send them the POF, if you have a healthy bank account history during the last 6 months! It may make things even faster :)

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Bobi1 said:
Hi

1. How can I appeal?

Unfortunately you missed the legal appeal period. It's 30 days for abroad applications and 14 days for applicant in Canada.

Take a look at this: http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Practice_Guide_Immigration

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
salam20 said:
Would you share the wording of their reply?
I second what Salam20 have said, share your rejection letter and their response to your inquiry after that, this will help us decide what to do next.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salam20 said:
Proof of Employment perhaps.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Bobi1 said:
Hi

1. How can I appeal?

I would go to the Local MP office first to show the situation. Couple of members of this forum rejection was overturned once after they went to the MP office. As long as you have strong base to talk against rejection you might have a good chance to get the rejection back to in progress. Good Luck.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Yesterday went to the MP office regarding the strike issue and tentative processing time of my application and today they told me CIC has forwarded my due date for final assessment to October, which was Aug 3rd before :mad:. I don't know how I should take this, is it something good/bad or due to the effect of strike. According to the tracker I have noticed most of the March applicants got their medical way after their due date (assuming that their due date was one year after their PER date). Any thoughts??