+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I just checked Ottawa processing time and it now says 13 months (compared to before which was 15 months): [here it was supposed to be the link to cic website, but I am not allowed to post links.]

However, June Applicant's have not heard anything and they are yet moving the due dates to a later month!

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Yesterday went to the MP office regarding the strike issue and tentative processing time of my application and today they told me CIC has forwarded my due date for final assessment to October, which was Aug 3rd before :mad:. I don't know how I should take this, is it something good/bad or due to the effect of strike. According to the tracker I have noticed most of the March applicants got their medical way after their due date (assuming that their due date was one year after their PER date). Any thoughts??
I would assume it is an effect of the ongoing strike . CIC may be operating a skeletal staff that is barely sufficient to meet their daily needs. Preference may be given for TRV applications instead. If you suspect something you could order GCMS notes to see what is going on. I got my last set of notes on the 28th and the due dates hadn't changed...

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Anna2013 said:
I just checked Ottawa processing time and it now says 13 months (compared to before which was 15 months): [here it was supposed to be the link to cic website, but I am not allowed to post links.]

However, June Applicant's have not heard anything and they are also moving the due dates to a later month!
MIne is already 17 month now, and have not even had the "Medical received" line in my E-cas yet!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
S_Govind said:
I would assume it is an effect of the ongoing strike . CIC may be operating a skeletal staff that is barely sufficient to meet their daily needs. Preference may be given for TRV applications instead. If you suspect something you could order GCMS notes to see what is going on. I got my last set of notes on the 28th and the due dates hadn't changed...
According to PAFSO, CIC has shifted its non-striking officers (those responsible for PR applications) to the TRV section.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
S_Govind said:
Already ordered for the third set of the GCMS notes, according to second one due date hasn't changed though. I guess u r right it could be the effect of the strike which slowed down the whole system :( . I still should be happy that at least passed the selection factor and already got the info but can't really imagine the pain of those ppl who found they didn't pass and waiting for the updated letter to be considered. Wishing all the best to everyone.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
I just received my second set of GCMS notes this morning. Nothing much has changed from the previous one I received a month ago. The notes do confirm that they have received my updated reference letter by email and printed it and attached it to my file (a week after it was received). However, I don't see any updates from either SL or FA. They also did not mention anything about the hard copies mailed to them after my email.

I still only have 51 points based on the last evaluation done by SL at the beginning of May (PA submitted a letter of reference which listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA assisted a faculty member).

The notes took longer to be printed this time (July 22nd). The due date in the notes is still August 3rd. I will wait a few more days before ordering a third set of the notes (although it may not be very different because of the delays caused by the strike).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
informer2000 said:
I just received my second set of GCMS notes this morning. Nothing much has changed from the previous one I received a month ago. The notes do confirm that they have received my updated reference letter by email and printed it and attached it to my file (a week after it was received). However, I don't see any updates from either SL or FA. They also did not mention anything about the hard copies mailed to them after my email.

I still only have 51 points based on the last evaluation done by SL at the beginning of May (PA submitted a letter of reference which listed duties that do not match the lead statement as there is no indication that PA assisted a faculty member).

The notes took longer to be printed this time (July 22nd). The due date in the notes is still August 3rd. I will wait a few more days before ordering a third set of the notes (although it may not be very different because of the delays caused by the strike).
Your next assessment will be done by FA, your updated reference letter will be considered that time hopefully.
They only problem is the strike, so they may not assess your application by tomorrow (August 3rd) as it was supposed.
Good luck!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kaziahmmed said:
Already ordered for the third set of the GCMS notes, according to second one due date hasn't changed though. I guess u r right it could be the effect of the strike which slowed down the whole system :( . I still should be happy that at least passed the selection factor and already got the info but can't really imagine the pain of those ppl who found they didn't pass and waiting for the updated letter to be considered. Wishing all the best to everyone.
The funny thing is that some applicants got their PPR although they applied in Nov2012! They were so lucky!

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
salam20 said:
poe : Port of Entry

poe: what it could be in my case!! CPP recieved my poe.
It is the work experience letter (POE = Proof of Employment/Experience). This abbreviation/acronym is used in my GCMS notes in the comment which indicates receiving my reference letter.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
N_O said:
Your next assessment will be done by FA, your updated reference letter will be considered that time hopefully.
They only problem is the strike, so they may not assess your application by tomorrow (August 3rd) as it was supposed.
Good luck!
Thanks N_O. I really hope it gets considered.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
N_O said:
The funny thing is that some applicants got their PPR although they applied in Nov2012! They were so lucky!
The funniest thing that CIC is working backward (finalizing newest application prior older one). This might be applicable to all streams.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
informer2000 said:
It is the work experience letter (POE = Proof of Employment/Experience). This abbreviation/acronym is used in my GCMS notes in the comment which indicates receiving my reference letter.
Thank you so much
That means CPP received the updated work experience letters and attached them to my file.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi all!
I am hoping to apply for PR under PhD stream in September. I would be great if you please suggest me in some questions.

1. I am in Canada for two years and my wife is in Bangladesh. Which office should I choose in "Immigration Office requested for processing the application"?

2. I have University Teaching Experience (NOC 4011) in my country foe ~2 years. Should I also include my TA/RA experience in the "Schedule 3 Form"? My RA experience is 20 hours/week (part time). Should I answer "YES" to "Have you previously worked in Canada for 1 year continuous full time?

3. My two years towards PhD will be completed this August (5 points). I have relative in Canada (5 points). Do I need to add my spouse's IELTS result? I have read sometime they don't count the PhD (5 point) in adaptability. Does spouse's IELTS has nay major impact in later cases?

Thanks.

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Hi

First welcome to the PhD stream

1- for this point, as it published in cic, it would take up to 13 months for Ottawa to get replied, but a lot of folks here have more than that, so could you please look at the processing time in Bangladesh and see which is the best.
I remember there were some applied in Mexico office and they got the PR in shorter time

2. Include as much work experience as you can, you won't know if the officer will accept them or not!
also take a look at the reference letter posted in this forum, they are very helpful.

3. forget about the 5 points for studying in Canada, as long as your program is not finished,
relative in canada, you need to submit a very strong document to support iy
so check your points and see what will you get (exclude these 10 points), and see if you will need them or not!

Good luck :D

aalm said:
Hi all!
I am hoping to apply for PR under PhD stream in September. I would be great if you please suggest me in some questions.

1. I am in Canada for two years and my wife is in Bangladesh. Which office should I choose in "Immigration Office requested for processing the application"?

2. I have University Teaching Experience (NOC 4011) in my country foe ~2 years. Should I also include my TA/RA experience in the "Schedule 3 Form"? My RA experience is 20 hours/week (part time). Should I answer "YES" to "Have you previously worked in Canada for 1 year continuous full time?

3. My two years towards PhD will be completed this August (5 points). I have relative in Canada (5 points). Do I need to add my spouse's IELTS result? I have read sometime they don't count the PhD (5 point) in adaptability. Does spouse's IELTS has nay major impact in later cases?

Thanks.