Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jackson2209 said:
Guys,

I got a reply from ATIP and they do not start the second round assessment on my case yet. According to GCMS information, they haven't count my master degree yet, so I need to fill a record correction request form to correct this. However, I am confused about some issues.

1. The agency should be CPP Ottawa, right?
2. What are the Information bank number and information bank title?
3. I will send them the photocopies of the official transcript and degree certificate for my master degree. Is that OK? Actually I already gave them the official ones, but they just ignore them :(

PS: Since the skilled worker criteria change a lot. Will they assess my case according to the principles of last year (I submitted my application on March, 2012)?
Check the notes section. See if there have been any movements at all at Ottawa's level. It's incredible that they have not even touched your file yet, even though you got your PER on May 1 2012, way more than a year ago.

Anyway, the assessment for your Master's degree was done by Sydney, right? I saw this happening to some applicants, where Sydney granted only 20 points, even though they had Master's degrees. Not sure how exactly this was fixed, since these applicants are still currently waiting for assessment by Ottawa. But you can start by asking for correction.

This is probably overkill, but if they don't believe you that your degree is equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree, you can, pro-actively, get your Master's degree evaluated by WES (again, probably overkill), so that would serve as a definite proof that your Master's degree is indeed a Master's degree.

And since you applied on March 2012, your file will be evaluated under the old rules, so you won't have to worry about your IELTS scores (as long as you can get above 67 points) :)

Good luck, and keep us updated.

ngag said:
Please where can one get the record correction request form ?
I personally have never done it, but the following link is probably what you're looking for

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-11.pdf

So did you notice a mistake on your GCMS notes?

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Thanks. I have no idea why they haven't touch my file yet. They are really lazy! My assessment for my degrees was done by Sydney. They really suck. I'll try everything to update my case. I have been waiting for too long......

asbereth said:
Check the notes section. See if there have been any movements at all at Ottawa's level. It's incredible that they have not even touched your file yet, even though you got your PER on May 1 2012, way more than a year ago.

Anyway, the assessment for your Master's degree was done by Sydney, right? I saw this happening to some applicants, where Sydney granted only 20 points, even though they had Master's degrees. Not sure how exactly this was fixed, since these applicants are still currently waiting for assessment by Ottawa. But you can start by asking for correction.

This is probably overkill, but if they don't believe you that your degree is equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree, you can, pro-actively, get your Master's degree evaluated by WES (again, probably overkill), so that would serve as a definite proof that your Master's degree is indeed a Master's degree.

And since you applied on March 2012, your file will be evaluated under the old rules, so you won't have to worry about your IELTS scores (as long as you can get above 67 points) :)

Good luck, and keep us updated.

I personally have never done it, but the following link is probably what you're looking for

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-11.pdf

So did you notice a mistake on your GCMS notes?

Marylou2

Jun 30, 2013
rgb said:
Hi guys,
I just got my Passport back! This is my time line for the passport for those who are interested in this info:
My passport reached ottawa in May22, the xpresspost got activated yesterday June 13, and I got my passport today, June 14.
I will probably do my landing until the end of July. I will let you know.
If there are any other info of my timeline you are interested in send me a personal message.
I will be happy to help.
Hi rgb,

I'm mexican too and planning to apply soon for PR under the PhD stream. I have a couple of questions for you! I'm new at this forum and can't PM you so... When did they ask for your proof of funds? At the moment of applying or towards the end? When did you submit the police certificates? Cause I read that for Mexico, they are the ones who ask for them when needed. Also, it would help me a lot if you could post a copy of your reference letter!

Thanks a lot and congrats for your PR !

Marylou

Marylou2

Jun 30, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm confused with the new requirements established for education. If I finished my Master's degree in Mexico and I'm in the middle of my PhD here do I need to include an Educational Credential Assessment for the highest education achieved which would be my Master's only or for everything I have studied (Primary, Secondary and Undergraduate studies). It just seems a lot and there's no way you can have a Master's degree without having the rest.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
On my assessment form, I only saw BA for Education. So I guess you just need the highest degree you got

Marylou2 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm confused with the new requirements established for education. If I finished my Master's degree in Mexico and I'm in the middle of my PhD here do I need to include an Educational Credential Assessment for the highest education achieved which would be my Master's only or for everything I have studied (Primary, Secondary and Undergraduate studies). It just seems a lot and there's no way you can have a Master's degree without having the rest.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
Marylou2 said:
Hi Guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

You just need the assessment for the Master degree or if you want you can put your bachelor certificates in too with your master's for the evaluation as it will cost you the same. You dont need any high school certificates assessment done for applying for PR in FSW category.
I hope it helps..

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Sthind said:
Hi,

You just need the assessment for the Master degree or if you want you can put your bachelor certificates in too with your master's for the evaluation as it will cost you the same. You dont need any high school certificates assessment done for applying for PR in FSW category.
I hope it helps..
Good idea. If assessment for one or more degrees is the same cost, it's better to do all of them together. It may take longer to process but if these degrees are needed for getting a job or license in Canada, it's already done.

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my landing experience with you guys. I completed my landing procedure at Carway today. The officer was a little rude in the beginning but by the time we finished all the formalities he was almost polite ;). in the beginning he asked us very rudely that why were we doing the landing at the border and why not in the city. he also mentioned that we were trying to jump up the que by doing it at the border instead of taking an appointment in the city office and waiting for two weeks, so we just said due to floods the office was closed and they advised us to do it at the border. After that he took our documents and asked us to wait in the waiting room and before he left he said "Let me see what I can do". the second time when he came to get us, he was polite and we finished the rest of the formalities smoothly. In the end he said "Now you are officially permanent residents of Canada" (with the slightest hint of a smile on his face, however, he never said welcome to Canada or anything like that...lol). It took us about an hour and half to complete the procedure.

Thanks again to all you wonderful people for all your help and and this wonderful forum. I am also sharing my job reference letter below. I definitely owe this much to this forum :)

To whom it may concern:

Please accept this letter as conf1rmation that Mr. XXX was employed within the Department of XXX at the University xxxx in the capacity Research Assistant. As a Research Assistant his working hours were 20 hours/week. The term of this position was from xxx to xxx. Mr. xxx remuneration from xxx to xxx was approximately $xxx annually and from xxx to xxxx was approximately $xxx annually.

As Research Assistant Mr. xxx duties included:

• Conducting literature reviews for supervisor led publications.
• Collecting and analyzing data from field based xxxxx.
• Assisting with preparing materials for submis sion to granting agencies.
• Provid i ng ready access to all experimental data for the purpose of generating manuscripts .
• Requesting or acquiring equipment or supplies necessary for field projects.
• Preparing, maintaining, and updating xxx webs ite. (http://www.xxx).
• Providing mentorship to graduate and undergraduate students working on the research projects.
• Attending project meeting and making presentations at various science meetings on supervisor's
behalf.
• Summarizing project result s including field reports.
• Assisting with preparation of manuscript s, field reports and presentations for supervisor to present at meetings and conferences.

Should you have any questions regarding this information please do not hesitate to contact me.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
JVJ, congratulations :D !!! I think I must have read it from some manuals that it is the duty of these officers to welcome new PRs to Canada, and congratulate them. I wonder why some are so hesitant in doing their jobs (I did not get congratulated either, she just read me my rights and responsibilities at the end). But anyway, nothing can take it away now, and again congratulations :)

noc4012 said:
Good idea. If assessment for one or more degrees is the same cost, it's better to do all of them together. It may take longer to process but if these degrees are needed for getting a job or license in Canada, it's already done.
It's the same cost, and it is always recommended to include as much information as possible. But in some cases, let's say you get your Bachelor's at your home country, and your Master's from the US. Because the point system now no longer cares about the number of years, and because they only care about the highest credential, it may be much faster to just have your Master's degree evaluated. If your Master's degree got evaluated as an equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree, then even if you have 5 other Bachelor's degrees, it won't improve your education points (23 points).

I think sarsanballa can probably comment more on this, but say, for example, if you want to have your Chinese degree evaluated by WES (or other agencies), then you would need to also submit verification reports from China's ministry of education, and this is a time consuming process. Let's say you have a Bachelor's from China, and Master's from the US. Because it will take too much time to have your Bachelor's verified by the ministry of education, there will be no point in waiting if you can easily submit the required documents to have your US Master's degree verified. Once you get your report, it will say that your US Master's degree is equivalent to a Canadian Master's degree, so you will be awarded 23 points.

Remember, the total number of years does not matter anymore (if your highest degree(s) is (are) Bachelor's, though, then it (they) would need to be at least three year long), only the highest credential would determine how many points you will get.

You will be awarded up to 25 points for your highest completed Canadian educational credential or for your highest equivalency to a completed Canadian educational credential. You may also be eligible to receive points for certain combinations to two Canadian (or equivalent) educational credentials.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
If you have more than one Bachelor's degree, though, or if your Master's degree somehow got evaluated only as an equivalent to a Canadian's bachelor's, then you may want to submit evaluation for your Bachelor's degree as well, since you can claim an extra point for having two Bachelor's degrees.

TRT_Flynn said:
My ecas is updated to "decision made" today.
Congrats :) Expect to get your passport back in 4 to 5 weeks, but at this point, I think your background check has already been concluded.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
JVJ said:
Hi Guys,
In the end he said "Now you are officially permanent residents of Canada" (with the slightest hint of a smile on his face, however, he never said welcome to Canada or anything like that...lol). It took us about an hour and half to complete the procedure.

Thanks again to all you wonderful people for all your help and and this wonderful forum. I am also sharing my job reference letter below. I definitely owe this much to this forum :)
Congratulations JVJ 8), at least he said something to you. In my case border agent did not say a word. He just returned my passport and stamped COPR. I had to ask that time whether I am PR now..LoL. Then he just said 'Yes'. :) I don't expect them to say anything or welcome us. They are just doing their duty, we should not expect anything more or less ::)

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mkrp21 said:
Congratulations JVJ 8), at least he said something to you. In my case border agent did not say a word. He just returned my passport and stamped COPR. I had to ask that time whether I am PR now..LoL. Then he just said 'Yes'. :) I don't expect them to say anything or welcome us. They are just doing their duty, we should not expect anything more or less ::)
Well, it is one of their duties to welcome new PRs to Canada :) It is written in the law. Check Section 12.2 of ENF 4 8)

When an applicant in possession of a permanent resident visa applies to become a permanent resident at a port of entry, the role of the BSO at Immigration Secondary is to:
- welcome the new permanent resident to Canada and provide information about programs and services available to facilitate integration into Canadian society.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Congrats :D
JVJ said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my landing experience with you guys. I completed my landing procedure at Carway today. The officer was a little rude in the beginning but by the time we finished all the formalities he was almost polite ;). in the beginning he asked us very rudely that why were we doing the landing at the border and why not in the city. he also mentioned that we were trying to jump up the que by doing it at the border instead of taking an appointment in the city office and waiting for two weeks, so we just said due to floods the office was closed and they advised us to do it at the border. After that he took our documents and asked us to wait in the waiting room and before he left he said "Let me see what I can do". the second time when he came to get us, he was polite and we finished the rest of the formalities smoothly. In the end he said "Now you are officially permanent residents of Canada" (with the slightest hint of a smile on his face, however, he never said welcome to Canada or anything like that...lol). It took us about an hour and half to complete the procedure.

To whom it may concern:

Please accept this letter as conf1rmation that Mr. XXX was employed within the Department of XXX at the University xxxx in the capacity Research Assistant. As a Research Assistant his working hours were 20 hours/week. The term of this position was from xxx to xxx. Mr. xxx remuneration from xxx to xxx was approximately $xxx annually and from xxx to xxxx was approximately $xxx annually.

As Research Assistant Mr. xxx duties included:

• Conducting literature reviews for supervisor led publications.
• Collecting and analyzing data from field based xxxxx.
• Assisting with preparing materials for submis sion to granting agencies.
• Provid i ng ready access to all experimental data for the purpose of generating manuscripts .
• Requesting or acquiring equipment or supplies necessary for field projects.
• Preparing, maintaining, and updating xxx webs ite. (http://www.xxx).
• Providing mentorship to graduate and undergraduate students working on the research projects.
• Attending project meeting and making presentations at various science meetings on supervisor's
behalf.
• Summarizing project result s including field reports.
• Assisting with preparation of manuscript s, field reports and presentations for supervisor to present at meetings and conferences.

Should you have any questions regarding this information please do not hesitate to contact me.