+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
a_nashed said:
i got these emails on Monday!
Thanks. BTW, why are you unhappy? This is not a bad message. Just will cost you a bit more. I have already paid one 1100$ more for nothing just because of their mistake, and of course, lost lots of documents :). Their official translation costed me several hundred dollars as well!

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
:D
i am not unhappy, but you know i have to submit 2 police certificate one from here and the other one is form my home conutry
i am waiting for the one from my home country to translate it

aidina said:
Thanks. BTW, why are you unhappy? This is not a bad message. Just will cost you a bit more. I have already paid one 1100$ more for nothing just because of their mistake, and of course, lost lots of documents :). Their official translation costed me several hundred dollars as well!

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
asbereth said:
Congratulations :) Just watch out for the long weekend traffic :D And do share your landing experience as well :)
I will Asbereth .....Thank you again :D

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
NeverGiveUp said:
Ya, I believe so. Another issue that I overcame, was my POF issue. As I had a couple of large deposits ($ 5000, 6000, 10000) into my account after receiving POF request. Although all these amounts were my own money, my account balance was around $4000 at the time of POF request. Luckily, I had the proof and provided them with enough documentation to satisfy the officer that the large deposits were my own money which came from the financial support from my father.

NeverGiveUp-----What did you provide for proof of fund to show that money is yours?

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Hi guys, any of you send email to CIC recently? Did they reply quickly? I sent an inquiry to ask them if my pcc was attached to my file last week but they haven't reply yet. They used to do it very soon...Are these guys on strike? I am wondering.

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
JVJ said:
Hi Guys, I just received my PR about 15 mins ago (It arrived at post-office on Friday (21 June) but couldn't be delivered due to weather conditions). You guys are the first ones I am sharing this news with. Thank you so much for this wonderful forum..specially to Tyrus, Asbereth and mkrp who provided their valuable guidance when I needed it.

We will do our landing procedure this Friday or next Wednesday. Will let you know how it goes. And I'd be more than happy to help anyone who needs it.

Thanks again :)
Congrats, It seems that only Iranian applicants are still in process :(

Curious2

Jan 7, 2013
landing experience

Hi guys,
I landed this weekend at Carway,AB. No additional document was requested. (just the passport, CoPR and study/work permit, they even got my old study permits)
But they were busy and there was a guy who wasn't friendly at all. Every one else was nice & friendly, even the people at US border. He told me it would take up to 4 hours, and that is in case they could do it that day! (It was 4 pm and they are supposed to work work untill 11 pm!) He added that permanent residency is not their priority and I should've done it at my city!
I told him: that would take at least a month, but he shrugged. I added that my study permit expires in a month, he said you can apply for an extension.
I was frustrated by what he said, but refrained further arguments. I was too tired by all the driving and the feeling that it might be all in vain was really bad.
Anyway, it took only half an hour! But there was a family before me who waited for 2 hours. He did not congratulate me. Just said "That's it." and handed me my stamped passport and the signed CoPR.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
vn82 said:
NeverGiveUp-----What did you provide for proof of fund to show that money is yours?
Hi,

Did you have large deposits in your account after you got the POF request? Were you asked to provide additional documentation for your POF?

I provided them with the following documents proactively:
1- A letter of financial support from my father dating back to 2009 (which was also included in my application to obtain study permit)
2- Official translation of two receipts for the currency ($10000 and $11000) that were purchased for me from the bank in my home country (with my name on them)
3- A letter from my father providing some information about his financial support and explaining some other problems regarding the money transfer from my home country to Canada (i.e. sanctions ...).
4- A receipt for wire transfer from an international money transfer agency in Canada who made a wire transfer to my account (part of the above-mentioned money).
5- A letter written by myself explaining about my sources of funding (i.e. University as my employer and additional financial assistance from my father) and that part of the money was brought to Canada by myself (I traveled back home in a month after the POF request) and the remaining amount by a friend travelling to Canada...

Hope this helps.

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
Re: landing experience

Curious2 said:
Hi guys,
I landed this weekend at Carway,AB. No additional document was requested. (just the passport, CoPR and study/work permit, they even got my old study permits)
But they were busy and there was a guy who wasn't friendly at all. Every one else was nice & friendly, even the people at US border. He told me it would take up to 4 hours, and that is in case they could do it that day! (It was 4 pm and they are supposed to work work untill 11 pm!) He added that permanent residency is not their priority and I should've done it at my city!
I told him: that would take at least a month, but he shrugged. I added that my study permit expires in a month, he said you can apply for an extension.
I was frustrated by what he said, but refrained further arguments. I was too tired by all the driving and the feeling that it might be all in vain was really bad.
Anyway, it took only half an hour! But there was a family before me who waited for 2 hours. He did not congratulate me. Just said "That's it." and handed me my stamped passport and the signed CoPR.
Way to ruin it! If only these guys would realize how hard and long this journey was. I am glad everything went well at the end. Congratulations! :)

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
JVJ said:
Hi Guys, I just received my PR about 15 mins ago (It arrived at post-office on Friday (21 June) but couldn't be delivered due to weather conditions). You guys are the first ones I am sharing this news with. Thank you so much for this wonderful forum..specially to Tyrus, Asbereth and mkrp who provided their valuable guidance when I needed it.

We will do our landing procedure this Friday or next Wednesday. Will let you know how it goes. And I'd be more than happy to help anyone who needs it.

Thanks again :)
Congratulations JVJ! You are welcome :) I hope this forum helps many others in this category.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Re: landing experience

Curious2 said:
Hi guys,
Congratulations Curious2. I also had pretty much similar experience. But it is ok as long as they give us PR ;)

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congratulations, guys :)

Don't worry about the bad landing experience, I can assure you that it's nowhere near as bad as mine :)

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
a_nashed said:
i got these emails on Monday!
so it seems like there is still movement from ottawa's side inspite of the strike ;D ;D ;D ;D...good news indeed!...